Akok Akok top five and OVs | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok top five and OVs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cuse is a fluke Final 4 run away from feeling really pessimistic about their program. Past 4 seasons have resulted in a post season ban when they were not even near the bubble, a Final 4 when they were the last team in the tournament and lucked into a run when the 2 seed in their bracket lost to Middle Tennessee State, an NIT showing, and then an 11 seed - again one of the last 4 teams in. This is not a healthy program, ACC or not. I do not get their arrogance.

To recap: missed tournament, 10 seed, missed tournament, 11 seed. Not good.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Nothing's fact until he's on campus, and as @intlzncster said I try not to F around – I wouldn't have put it in this thread if I wasn't supremely confident. Same for @superjohn I'm sure.

Beyond that: @Zionn remains the king. If he's chiming in with good news, the news is dam good!

Although Chief started this secondary dam break with the statement “ Akok is Coach Hurley’s power forward”. The 24/7 guys piggy backed that prediction and why not? Now the “traditional insiders” say it too. But bottom line, I agree recruiting is extremely competitive, as someone whose seen it close up, and until they commit it’s not a done deal.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Although Chief started this secondary dam break with the statement “ Akok is Coach Hurley’s power forward”. The 24/7 guys piggy backed that prediction and why not? Now the “traditional insiders” say it too. But bottom line, I agree recruiting is extremely competitive, as someone whose seen it close up, and until they commit it’s not a done deal.

It must feel very fulfilling knowing that 247 analysts and Boneyard posters with inside connections are "piggybacking" off of your own predictions.

C

Chief00

It must feel very fulfilling knowing that 247 analysts and Boneyard posters with inside connections are "piggybacking" off of your own predictions.
Actually it puts more pressure on Chief. Chief is making predictions on what an 18 year old is going to do. As someone with a 19 year old, I can tell you their plans can change multiple times no matter if you have the absolute best source possible.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Actually it puts more pressure on Chief. Chief is making predictions on what an 18 year old is going to do. As someone with a 19 year old, I can tell you their plans can change multiple times no matter if you have the absolute best source possible.

I appreciate your explanation of the fluidity of an 18/19-year-old's schedule to me. I clearly have no familiarity with such.

Reaction Score
[/QUOTE]

Exactly, as someone with a 19 year old girlfriend, their thoughts can be a little volatile to say the least. Some people (my wife included) don’t seem to understand this.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Chief said he was WITH a 19yo, not that he spawned one.

I think his post is a reference to his source.

"As someone with a 19 year old, I can tell you their plans can change multiple times no matter if you have the absolute best source possible."

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Maybe you won't have to defend yourself and pat yourself on the back if you said something like "Akok is ours" instead of "Akok is Coach Hurley's power forward".
The reason the actual insiders on here don't have pat themselves on the back is because they make actual predictions from actual knowledge.
Just a thought, Chieftain.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I posted in the Wahab thread wondering if Gaffney and Bouknight will be at First Night as well. Anyone think they will? Would be huge to get those two there

Reaction Score
Chiefin' ain't easy.
The only thing hard about it is continually posting in that voice. I was going to try to best chief, but I just haven't checked the 'yard enough for my totally super-duper insider knowledge to feel as fresh as it needs to be.

Reaction Score
This is my favorite one over there. Hey I guess being "close" is as good as winning them. Lol.

Yes, more than one natty would be nice but we have been sooooo close a couple times. Close enough to keep 20,000+ fans coming out in the middle of winter game after game to support their favorite program.
how cute.

Reaction Score
This is my favorite one over there. Hey I guess being "close" is as good as winning them. Lol.

Yes, more than one natty would be nice but we have been sooooo close a couple times. Close enough to keep 20,000+ fans coming out in the middle of winter game after game to support their favorite program.
Their fans are certainly a plucky, gritty group, given the circumstances of their environment.

Reaction Score

As someone who has had a very successful career forecasting markets around the world, and a father of a 17 yr old, you are spot on. If 50/50 is a fair bet you never take, anything better wont get you fired.

Reaction Score
If Akok has his sights on being apart of The Basketball Tournament and Boheim’s Army, then we are so screwed! So many busts on one team! They are a plucky bunch however. Like their time in college, they can’t seem to take that tournament down either. Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom