Akok Akok top five and OVs | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok top five and OVs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
very likely Storrs Bound
6E461CCB-B31C-4973-AE7B-AA365330E586.jpeg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Agree. I just hope that this board doesn't melt down if we end up missing on both Precious and Kofi. I don't think we will, but it's a possibility, and as frustrating as it would be, it would not mean the sky's falling.

There's a plan & a strategy here. Hurley thinks like a GM assembling and developing his roster, not an AAU coach collecting talent.

BTW, can't emphasize enough how important it was that he re-recruited every single kid who was already here. It meant a ton to advisors, former coaches, families and the kids themselves, and when you treat people right like that, the word travels. There's an air of accountability, responsibility and preparedness around the program now, and it's made it much easier to recruit and say "we're committed to the guys we have, which means when you get here we're committed to you."
Chief is briefs; You da boxers man.

Reaction Score
Three happy days in a month's time for UConn Nation. I don't know if I can handle all this good news.

Reaction Score
"He has left UConn without committing numorous times! I just hope that he can be convinced to sign early rather than waiting until spring. That is a bigger concern to me than UConn or Prov."

Reaction Score
It’s hilarious how entitled they act just because of one letter (AAC vs. ACC). Sure, conference is not an insignificant factor, but our overall profile, recent poor seasons and all, still beats theirs. And it’s not particularly close. You can’t just ignore history (4>1*), facilities (state of the art Werth Center vs. a 40 year old bubble), and stability (Hurley in his 40s vs. Boeheim in his 70s), not to mention many other factors.

Reaction Score
It’s hilarious how entitled they act just because of one letter (AAC vs. ACC). Sure, conference is not an insignificant factor, but our overall profile, recent poor seasons and all, still beats theirs. And it’s not particularly close. You can’t just ignore history (4>1*), facilities (state of the art Werth Center vs. a 40 year old bubble), and stability (Hurley in his 40s vs. Boeheim in his 70s), not to mention many other factors.
This is my favorite one over there. Hey I guess being "close" is as good as winning them. Lol.

Yes, more than one natty would be nice but we have been sooooo close a couple times. Close enough to keep 20,000+ fans coming out in the middle of winter game after game to support their favorite program.

Reaction Score
Agree. I just hope that this board doesn't melt down if we end up missing on both Precious and Kofi. I don't think we will, but it's a possibility, and as frustrating as it would be, it would not mean the sky's falling.

There's a plan & a strategy here. Hurley thinks like a GM assembling and developing his roster, not an AAU coach collecting talent.

BTW, can't emphasize enough how important it was that he re-recruited every single kid who was already here. It meant a ton to advisors, former coaches, families and the kids themselves, and when you treat people right like that, the word travels. There's an air of accountability, responsibility and preparedness around the program now, and it's made it much easier to recruit and say "we're committed to the guys we have, which means when you get here we're committed to you."
I really hope that if that happens nobody on this board melts down. He havent even had this guy for a half a year, after b2b losing seasons, and he already landed two top 150’s. If anyones angry about not landing a top 10 or 30 recruit than its nothing but greed.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is my favorite one over there. Hey I guess being "close" is as good as winning them. Lol.

Yes, more than one natty would be nice but we have been sooooo close a couple times. Close enough to keep 20,000+ fans coming out in the middle of winter game after game to support their favorite program.

25-0

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
The AkAk calls are starting to feel definitive. I know the true insiders here have real info; but is it opinion or all but fact?
Nothing's fact until he's on campus, and as @intlzncster said I try not to F around – I wouldn't have put it in this thread if I wasn't supremely confident. Same for @superjohn I'm sure.

Beyond that: @Zionn remains the king. If he's chiming in with good news, the news is dam good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom