Akok Akok top five and OVs | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok top five and OVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We fire coaches with only one NC.
Be nice. Some schools have lower standards.

1538434485401.png

Much lower standards.

Reaction Score
And Xavier isn’t a Blueblood. Neither are Louisville or Syracuse.

UCONN - 5 FF’s, 4 NC’s, 7 OBE Tourney titles 1 AAC, 10 OBE regular season titles, 13 lottery picks 33 NBA players (Calhoun Era)

Cuse- 6 FF’s, 1 NC, 5 OBE Tourney titles (2 “vacated”), 10 OBE regularly season titles, 41 NBA players (started from Boheim took over) 12 lottery picks(?)

Did I get any numbers wrong? Doing this quickly through mobile
Yes, Syracuse also has a helms or two and two TBT's final fours. I know it doesn't mean much to most of the nation, but its important to them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Be nice, the old man needs his naps. I hope Hurley is telling recruits that this guy is VERY old, has a history of health problems and could need to retire at any moment. That's what people did to Calhoun.
I'd guess he isn't. Hurley is too busy selling UConn's history and tradition of sending people to NBA who actually go on to be successful, and of course his own no nonsense tell it like it is coaching style.

I doubt he uses negative recruiting against Cuse. Let sleeping pickers lie, right?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yesterday at 8:54 PM

"Yikes they said "1 fluke Final Four from being really pessimistic about their program" - where to even start with how wrong that statement is. How about this? They talk about a fluke Final Four but are obviously ignoring 2011 and 2014. Those 2 were the definition of fluke. Then saying we got lucky to get there because MSU lost? (who we beat last year anyway) But they had to beat Butler in 2011 and Georgia Tech in 2004 to win those...

As an aside - I went to the UConn/Cincinnati football game yesterday - some guy had a UConn shirt on and on the back said "UConn 4 Syracuse 1" - they have such a weird obsession with us"

They currently have a 30 page thread about us....

Edit: Those THREE Final Fours that poster mentioned are THREE NC's

Last edited:

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Yesterday at 8:54 PM

"Yikes they said "1 fluke Final Four from being really pessimistic about their program" - where to even start with how wrong that statement is. How about this? They talk about a fluke Final Four but are obviously ignoring 201 nd 2014. Those 2 were the definition of fluke. Then saying we got lucky to get there because MSU lost? (who we beat last year anyway) But they had to beat Butler in 2011 and Georgia Tech in 2004 to win those...

As an aside - I went to the UConn/Cincinnati football game yesterday - some guy had a UConn shirt on and on the back said "UConn 4 Syracuse 1" - they have such a weird obsession with us"

They currently have a 30 page thread about us....
where can i buy one of those shirts?

Reaction Score
And Xavier isn’t a Blueblood. Neither are Louisville or Syracuse.

UCONN - 5 FF’s, 4 NC’s, 7 OBE Tourney titles 1 AAC, 10 OBE regular season titles, 13 lottery picks 33 NBA players (Calhoun Era)

Cuse- 6 FF’s, 1 NC, 5 OBE Tourney titles (2 “vacated”), 10 OBE regularly season titles, 41 NBA players (started from Boheim took over) 12 lottery picks(?)

Did I get any numbers wrong? Doing this quickly through mobile

That's interesting. I didn't think Seweracuse had that many NBA players and that many lottery picks.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Agree. I just hope that this board doesn't melt down if we end up missing on both Precious and Kofi. I don't think we will, but it's a possibility, and as frustrating as it would be, it would not mean the sky's falling.

You know what they say -- Akok in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Reaction Score
That is the first time I have seen that. Did you just make that up? Remove the "a" and it is perfect!
Which goes to show you how little of an impact most Cuse alumni have in the NBA. It’s almost like playing exclusively zone doesn’t prepare you for the next level.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
More good stuff from two of their bright ones Paulie Peppas and dasher.

Peppas:
Say Hurley miraculously gets em to a final four in the next few years. They actual blue bloods and schools with a lot deeper pockets will go after him, will he stay?

Dasher:

Of course not. Staying isn't who UConn is anymore. And that is what being at a non power 5 school is all about. Did Chris Mack stay at Cinn.? A fellow american member that was left waiting at the church.

Of note: pretty sure chris mack was at Xavier and not cincy. Lol. And we are a blue blood. You have to win multiple titles for that.

It has little to do with "Blue Blood" status. Good Ole Roy left Kansas for UNC. Coaches leave all the time within college sports and it has as much to do with ego and wanting to be wanted than it does the school. Cripes, Saban almost left Bama for Texas 2-3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom