Akok Akok top five and OVs | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok top five and OVs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It has little to do with "Blue Blood" status. Good Ole Roy left Kansas for UNC. Coaches leave all the time within college sports and it has as much to do with ego and wanting to be wanted than it does the school. Cripes, Saban almost left Bama for Texas 2-3 years ago.

Geno almost left too.

Reaction Score
See the John Boone article, he said it best:

In addition to playing and learning alongside Emeka Okafor, Josh had the opportunity to learn from one of the winningest coaches in college basketball history in Jim Calhoun. While demanding of his players, Coach Calhoun undoubtedly prepared them for the NBA, scheduling and running practices similar to those that his players would later experience in a professional environment.
“Coach Calhoun really did a great job of running the program like an NBA program.
When we would get to the NBA we were much more prepared than a lot of other guys.”

A lot more prepared than the Orange players and it wasn't close. The 2-3 zone hurt every one of them they were clueless. With Hurley and JC being a lot alike in their focus on D I can't imagine a kid with a dream of playing in the NBA and being as good as he can be selecting Syracuse over UConn. Only reason would be you're lazy and would love to play a zone while not getting much better.

Reaction Score
That is the first time I have seen that. Did you just make that up? Remove the "a" and it is perfect!

Yes, it seems strange inspirations often come to me late at night when reading the Boneyard. And, great suggestion on removing the "a". Will do so moving forward.

Reaction Score
Yesterday at 8:54 PM

"Yikes they said "1 fluke Final Four from being really pessimistic about their program" - where to even start with how wrong that statement is. How about this? They talk about a fluke Final Four but are obviously ignoring 2011 and 2014. Those 2 were the definition of fluke. Then saying we got lucky to get there because MSU lost? (who we beat last year anyway) But they had to beat Butler in 2011 and Georgia Tech in 2004 to win those...

As an aside - I went to the UConn/Cincinnati football game yesterday - some guy had a UConn shirt on and on the back said "UConn 4 Syracuse 1" - they have such a weird obsession with us"

They currently have a 30 page thread about us....

Edit: Those THREE Final Fours that poster mentioned are THREE NC's

I have to agree with the logic. 2014 is the definition of fluke. To beat a conference or tournament champion in every round...St Joseph's, Villanova, Iowa State, Michigan St, Florida...with the exception of the final, which included Kentucky. Please...cupcake city!!

Not to mention 2011 where we had to play a UK team with Knight and Jones in the semis...and that semi in 2004 against Duke (who's ever heard of them) with Redick and Deng. Totally unearned championships!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I have to agree with the logic. 2014 is the definition of fluke. To beat a conference or tournament champion in every round...St Joseph's, Villanova, Iowa State, Michigan St, Florida...with the exception of the final, which included Kentucky. Please...cupcake city!!

Not to mention 2011 where we had to play a UK team with Knight and Jones in the semis...and that semi in 2004 against Duke (who's ever heard of them) with Redick and Deng. Totally unearned championships!

The funniest one to me is calling 2011 team a fluke. That team was 14-0 in single elimination games. 14-0! Talk about dominant.

I honestly don't like it when people poo poo their championship by calling Melo a rental and the only reason they won. It's no secret having the best player in the tournament is one of the biggest keys to success.

You could say the same thing about every single one of our championships--Kemba, Bazz, Okafor, and Rip (the latter is at least arguable--I'd have taken him first tho). I don't want anyone taking anything away from us.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He's not the only reason, they had a dream draw.

Their 'home court' advantage was big. But we've gotten lucky in that dept too.

Reaction Score
Even if they don't play the same position, these three should not play on the same team. Akok to Cockburn to Ajak. No, this would not work.

Reaction Score
Probably more Kofi than Akok
Honestly this guy wouldn’t get in the way of any of our target’s playing time. He’s way behind all of them. Didn’t get much playing time in the EYBL. Maybe a redshirt candidate depending on Cuse’s depth next year. I don’t think Cuse had much of a shot with Kofi anyway, though.

Reaction Score
[IMG]https://syracusefan.com/data/avatars/m/6/6321.jpg?1522446307[/IMG]
been real...not really
13 minutes ago

In fact, based on a phone call today, the info about UConn is not coming from credible sources, Hurley Fellas plays lots of games, at the end of the day they know it and we know it, apples to apples - there is NO conversation, if they sprinkle goodies on the apples well then that changes the playing field

We should start a new threat about SU vs. UCONN Basketball programs inclusive of anything and everything as a barometer for Kids to look at, b/c they all read this stuff, if not them, their family/managers/coaches, etc.

^ Someone's got a bad source.

Reaction Score
This is the same Ajak throwing up blatant gangsigns in the Gaffney video right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom