AD Dave on Kevin Ollie | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AD Dave on Kevin Ollie

Reaction Score
I've already been taking some shots in the coaching change thread. Silly stupid stuff, but why not. BTW the poll in that thread has been changed. New choice listed.;)

I can't see most of it because in order to stay above the law I've needed to "ignore" the posters who make little to no sense. And damn that's a lot of them!;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I can't see most of it because in order to stay above the law I've needed to "ignore" the posters who make little to no sense. And damn that's a lot of them!;)
Did somebody really reign you in?

Reaction Score
Did somebody really reign you in?

Yes like Thursday or Friday. Too many misunderstood adjectives directed towards many of my new friends and they complained to the powers to be. I deserved some of it way too passionate at times, and can't handle "new" stupidity I am used to the veteran's who are LOL

Reaction Score
bigs boxing out late and boxing out with their backs to the ball tells you what you've been counting on for a while, not good.

This drives me nuts and has happened all year. Enoch has been the biggest offender but someone else did it today. So annoying. How these was not fixed is scary

Reaction Score
This drives me nuts and has happened all year. Enoch has been the biggest offender but someone else did it today. So annoying. How these was not fixed is scary

Actually Brimah and Facey got caught today twice each, not knowing the ball was going by them. Remember the first half when Kentan had the guy face to face only his back was to the basket didn;t know where it was - the ball bounced twice his way and Vital had to run it down past him. I mean they've gone through drills and drills of box outs, don;t need a big mans coach for that I can teach that. If they don't do it by now, they just don;t have the ability to learn how and when to box out, it's really hard to coach with inability like that on the court, can you imagine the frustration the coaches have when they see this 4 years later?

And yes it is very annoying to watch that. Enoch now needs to prove he can learn as does Durham.

Reaction Score
peoples are wanting to push him out and you're not going to find another coach that can come in and live up the ridiculous standards people have. I'm not saying we should be content with this, but that people need to look at the big picture and everything that has happened since ollie took over the team... get rid of glenn then and add a more offensive minded assistant and move glenn to overseeing operations

If by "ridiculous standards" you mean being top 3 in the AAC and getting yearly tournament bids... than yeah. I guess some of us have our heads in the coulds with our expectations LOL.

C

Chief00

I will play dumb and know that some will say that's easy for me.

Whoever is teaching these Bigs to box out never fundamentally boxed someone out themself. There were a couple of totally blatant illustrations of this today - and all our Bigs were involved. Quite frankly, it's amazing.

If Edsall can come back after a mistake - why not Clyde? I know I am going to upset some people but when it comes to redemption African Americans don't get that second chance so easily.

Reaction Score
I agree. It seems like our teams try to play the same way regardless of the result. We saw a short change up in the middle of this season when we started going inside to Facey and Brimah way more almost out of spite to those harping on it and we saw some interesting results but we completely went away from it and back to a green light for all our guards system after a few games.

I'd argue we saw that adaptability in the first 2 years, and in the 3rd year they played as well as that limited roster could have possibly played.

It is only the last 2 years that they have underperformed relative to expectations (with injuries taking their toll this year0.

Reaction Score
Yes like Thursday or Friday. Too many misunderstood adjectives directed towards many of my new friends and they complained to the powers to be. I deserved some of it way too passionate at times, and can't handle "new" stupidity I am used to the veteran's who are LOL

If you need to vent, you can just direct it at me! :mad: or JaCkSoN.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Things seem a bit calmer in here ...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
David Borges‏ @DaveBorges 23m 23 minutes ago
Benedict will meet with Ollie after season and talk about "how we can be supportive of what he's trying to do." #UConn

David Borges‏ @DaveBorges 6m 6 minutes ago
More Benedict (1/2): "We didn’t have type of season we expect to have at #UConn. Coach Ollie and I have had discussions about that ..."

David Borges‏ @DaveBorges 6m 6 minutes ago
Benedict (2/2): "... none of us are happy with the outcome. But, there’s a reality to this season.”
So speakth Athletic Director Dave. I think it fair to say this issue is over. Because when AD Dave expresses confidence in someone you can count on it!

rebuilduconn1.0.jpg

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Like I said I love KO as person and player but just not sold on him as a coach long term. He sure isn't good at x's and o's and doesn't have someone on the staff that is either.

Why is this constantly perpetuated?

How good are you at x and o at an elite college level? I'd love to see and hear your ways which you'd improve his x and o ability.

I'm just so sick of people saying simple things like this, or I should say things that they portray as obvious and simple.

You have to be pretty putrid at x and o at this level to be recognized as not good at it. And i assure you, there's only a few people on this board with the knowledge and ability to decipher those things.

Ironically, none of the guys who perpetuate this thought are amongst that group of people who have the ability to know the difference.

Also ironically, most people that commend KOs coaching list his offensive prowess and ability to run things that put our guys in good positions to run offense (and defense for that matter).

In sum: Most of the people commenting on his lack of x and o ability as a coach just don't know what they're talking about.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
All talk, he said same thing about Diaco, if someone better is available, you better believe he pulls the trigger next year.. maybe not this but if if next year is, yeah there's a change... kids got better??? Was he watching the same mess we did...

That feeling when freescooter is your only like

C

Chief00

You're sick in the head. Get psychiatric help.

Very close minded guy - who is living in another era. Given Clyde's minor misdemeanor level offense your position is silly and motivated by I don't know what type of thinking? Probably best not to speculate. You think it's just fine to hold a guy back due to a 13 year old Misdemeanor. You probably think the Crime Bill which incarcerated hundreds of thousands for minor offenses was a great idea too.

C

Chief00

The fact that you think Edsall being a about leaving and Clyde being arrested are equivalent shows that your mind is not in a place where it can accurately process information and comprehend the world you are living in. Your attempt to tie racial bias into other's difference of opinions and rope politics into a basketball board argument despite the pinned post stating that is not allowed further corroborate the notion that you aren't really all there (although I will say - it is very rich seeing the man who not only thinks women should be in the kitchen and not running universities, but also that concussions are a scam made to turn today's kids into sissies and wusses calling me out for being a social reactionary). The entire body of your posting history is irrational, overly emotional, and borderline insane defenses of UConn BB-related figures you claim to have some personal relation to. Drop the teenage girl hysterics, because the rest of us are tired of dealing with someone who can't act a fifth of his age.

Ultimately, your problem is dishonesty. You distort someone's position and then rail against it - a true straw man act. I was ahead of my time on concussions and that's why I don't like to see the true dangers of real concussions minimized by the circus we have seen at UConn this year. You don't bring guys back from true serious concussions in a week as happened with Adams and Vital. To me that means they did not have concussions.
It's one thing to say you plan to monitor someone but that's not what was said - it was said they had concussions when they clearly did not. Jackson may be legit.

As for hysterics and mindless name calling - you define it.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Kudos to Chief's flexibility in finding a way to complain about Clyde not getting a 2nd chance after his 3rd arrest for solicitation.
You forget - in our system of justice a man gets his day in court. The outcome of this was legally nothingville.

Reaction Score
Why is this constantly perpetuated?

How good are you at x and o at an elite college level? I'd love to see and hear your ways which you'd improve his x and o ability.

I'm just so sick of people saying simple things like this, or I should say things that they portray as obvious and simple.

You have to be pretty putrid at x and o at this level to be recognized as not good at it. And i assure you, there's only a few people on this board with the knowledge and ability to decipher those things.

Ironically, none of the guys who perpetuate this thought are amongst that group of people who have the ability to know the difference.

Also ironically, most people that commend KOs coaching list his offensive prowess and ability to run things that put our guys in good positions to run offense (and defense for that matter).

In sum: Most of the people commenting on his lack of x and o ability as a coach just don't know what they're talking about.
Well then he surely isn't getting it across to his players. Also, the defense at times can be just as dreadful as the offense. If it is the players than he definitely isn't recruiting well. Don't blame the conference as that hasn't stopped Cincy and SMU getting better players than us. Either way he is going to be judged my Wins and Losses and for last 3 years we have seen a bad trend that can't continue into next year. Why are there some fans that keeping thinking that KO is this great hope to save our program and we should just have blind faith in him. Sorry, I don't have blind faith in him as I have seen new coaches have success right after a great one leaves(Mike Davis and Tubby Smith) and then fall apart. I'm sorry we can't afford to wallow in mediocrity when we are in the AAC. We don't have that luxury.

I'm willing to give him one more year to prove himself with all his recruits as this year has been tough to figure out because of all the injuries even though the first 3 games weren't impressive against lesser talent.

Reaction Score
You forget - in our system of justice a man gets his day in court. The outcome of this was legally nothingville.

You forget, that has no bearing on a university's hiring and firing decisions. People don't typically go to jail for low bottom stuff like solicitation. That's not the point.

Reaction Score
I was ahead of my time on concussions and that's why I don't like to see the true dangers of real concussions minimized by the circus we have seen at UConn this year. You don't bring guys back from true serious concussions in a week as happened with Adams and Vital. To me that means they did not have concussions. It's one thing to say you plan to monitor someone but that's not what was said - it was said they had concussions when they clearly did not. Jackson may be legit.

Since you were ahead of your time on concussions -- can you provide the rest of us what your definition of a concussion is?

Reaction Score
Ultimately, your problem is dishonesty. You distort someone's position and then rail against it - a true straw man act. I was ahead of my time on concussions and that's why I don't like to see the true dangers of real concussions minimized by the circus we have seen at UConn this year. You don't bring guys back from true serious concussions in a week as happened with Adams and Vital. To me that means they did not have concussions.
It's one thing to say you plan to monitor someone but that's not what was said - it was said they had concussions when they clearly did not. Jackson may be legit.

As for hysterics and mindless name calling - you define it.

Bingo... the guy took 1 sentence out of my post in another thread and then filled in the blanks to create his narrative which completely contradicted what I said. Even putting quotes around something that I never even said. All I see is a hamster wheel turning over and over in this guy's head.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom