ACC replacement list: UConn, USF, Memphis, Tulane, Washington State, Oregon State | Page 5 | The Boneyard

ACC replacement list: UConn, USF, Memphis, Tulane, Washington State, Oregon State

Reaction Score
Markets don't matter; ratings do.
Travel doesn't matter; at all.
You've got yourself convinced that the ACC will take teams from the Big12; very few other media people and fans agree with you.
If you listen to the TV execs, commissioners and AD’s, population density does matter because that is where the viewers are living. This is the reason why the Big 12 was never able to get its own network. ESPN will keep the east coast markets and add in the best Big 12 markets. This will allow ESPN to expand the ACCN to more states.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
If you listen to the TV execs, commissioners and AD’s, population density does matter because that is where the viewers are living. This is the reason why the Big 12 was never able to get its own network. ESPN will keep the east coast markets and add in the best Big 12 markets. This will allow ESPN to expand the ACCN to more states.
The Big12 could never get its own network because their largest brand had its own.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Big12 could never get its own network because their largest brand had its own.
Who gave them that again?

Reaction Score
The Big 12 didn’t have the footprint for its own network and ESPN is not investing the money now to build a network for them. Not having your own network is a major disadvantage for the Big 12.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 didn’t have the footprint for its own network and ESPN is not investing the money now to build a network for them. Not having your own network is a major disadvantage for the Big 12.

ESPN could always transfer the ACC Network into the Big 12 Network. Once the big brands leave the ACC, there is no need for an ACC Network. At least the Big 12 with have brands that have fans who care about football.

Reaction Score
ESPN could always transfer the ACC Network into the Big 12 Network. Once the big brands leave the ACC, there is no need for an ACC Network. At least the Big 12 with have brands that have fans who care about football.
Please tell me what football brands are in the Big 12 that people care about. I'm not being facetious, I really can't think of any. Arizona St? Maybe Colorado until Deion is gone? Maybe I'm on a zone patrol but I don't really think K-State when I think football brand.

Reaction Score
Please tell me what football brands are in the Big 12 that people care about. I'm not being facetious, I really can't think of any. Arizona St? Maybe Colorado until Deion is gone? Maybe I'm on a zone patrol but I don't really think K-State when I think football brand.

All Big 12 teams have more fans than Wake Forest, Cal, SMU, Boston College, etc. And that's what the ACC is going to look like in the very near future.

Reaction Score
They have 4 teams in Texas, and the those alums will watch their football team every weekend (unlike the 4 ACC teams in NC). Big 12 Network could literally do a Friday Night Light game with High School Teams at any Texas program and get eyes on it then Wake vs BC.

Reaction Score
They have 4 teams in Texas, and the those alums will watch their football team every weekend (unlike the 4 ACC teams in NC). Big 12 Network could literally do a Friday Night Light game with High School Teams at any Texas program and get eyes on it then Wake vs BC.
UNC and NC State draw 50k to their stadiums every game and have plenty of alumni eyeballs supporting football. Lumping them in with Duke & Wake is incorrect. Their following is similar to or stronger than Baylor, TT, TCU or Houston.

Reaction Score
The ACC is hot garbage. The basketball sucks right now. Considering joining the ACC remnants, the thought started to creep into my mind that it may not be a good idea after all. I know, football may require it. Of course it depends on who is leftover but the only thing I have a high level of confidence in is this: CR #1

regarding the Big 12, I don't know about viewership but I think it has a lot of very good brands: Arizona, Arizona St, Kansas, Kansas St, BYU, Utah, Colorado, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Baylor, Texas Tech, WVU, and even the recent AAC invitees. It's not Ohio State or Alabama level but it's pretty darn good.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't trust any of them now. It like the scene in Titanic when everyone realized there were not enough lifeboats. The remnants will do anything to weasel their way a spot and past alliances be damned! One thing is for sure - the ACC is dead and we should be happy that they continually snubbed us for over a decade. I do think there will some flushing out in the P2 conferences too. How can OSU and Mich stomach watching Rutgers et al make $65 mm/yr. for being dead from the ass up?

Reaction Score
UNC and NC State draw 50k to their stadiums every game and have plenty of alumni eyeballs supporting football. Lumping them in with Duke & Wake is incorrect. Their following is similar to or stronger than Baylor, TT, TCU or Houston.

And UNC won't be around much longer. NCSU may not either if they are tied at the hip of UNC. You are comparing today's ACC to today's Big 12 when you need to compare future ACC to future Big 12. The Big 12 will have better supported brands when it's all said and done.

Reaction Score
That's the difference in the Big 12 and ACC, the top 3 to 6 programs in Texas are as strong as the Flagship School of NC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
One thing is for sure - the ACC is dead and we should be happy that they continually snubbed us for over a decade.
Because having hundreds of millions of dollars more in media revenue distributions over those decades would somehow put us in a worse position?

Reaction Score
That's the difference in the Big 12 and ACC, the top 3 to 6 programs in Texas are as strong as the Flagship School of NC.
Fair enough, but your blanket statement calling all 4 ACC football programs hot garbage was incorrect.

Reaction Score
And UNC won't be around much longer. NCSU may not either if they are tied at the hip of UNC. You are comparing today's ACC to today's Big 12 when you need to compare future ACC to future Big 12. The Big 12 will have better supported brands when it's all said and done.
Agreed - I was responding to a different assertion that was about the 4 NC programs in the league.

Reaction Score
With cord cutting and the move to streaming, I would think the ACCN will not exist in 10 years as the content is rolled into whatever the ESPN streaming service is down the road. ACCN subscriber counts have already peaked (same for ESPN) although they will get some revenue uptick in the short term as they add more in conference geographies.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It's not just ESPN in Bristol. There's YES, NBC, CBS and WWE in Stamford. Some people just don't get it.

Reaction Score
It's not just ESPN in Bristol. There's YES, NBC, CBS and WWE in Stamford. Some people just don't get it.
I am not a fan of Bristol but could never figure out some of the opponents to this credit. If you say, you don’t think government should be choosing industries to give breaks to that is one thing. Many of the opponents have mentioned in the past getting rid of the credit and raising revenue based on what they will bring in by removing the credit. What they don’t understand is a movie will not be filmed in Connecticut, or a company will not be here, so you will not be receiving that revenue.

Reaction Score
I am not a fan of Bristol but could never figure out some of the opponents to this credit. If you say, you don’t think government should be choosing industries to give breaks to that is one thing. Many of the opponents have mentioned in the past getting rid of the credit and raising revenue based on what they will bring in by removing the credit. What they don’t understand is a movie will not be filmed in Connecticut, or a company will not be here, so you will not be receiving that revenue.
I am hoping the credit stays, but I am also hoping CT legislators that support UConn get use it for leverage with ESPN to get UConn into a power conference.

Reaction Score
I am hoping the credit stays, but I am also hoping CT legislators that support UConn get use it for leverage with ESPN to get UConn into a power conference.
If they haven't been able to leverage it in a over a dozen years, why do we think they will be able to do it now?

Reaction Score
If they haven't been able to leverage it in a over a dozen years, why do we think they will be able to do it now?
I am assuming that they never tried. Maybe they still won't try.

Reaction Score
too many people forget that businesses will move and entertainment has been more than willing to move whenever possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom