ACC replacement list: UConn, USF, Memphis, Tulane, Washington State, Oregon State | The Boneyard

ACC replacement list: UConn, USF, Memphis, Tulane, Washington State, Oregon State

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When the big brands leave, these are the teams the ACC is supposedly targeting to replace them.......

Tease GIF by Shark Week

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If Cuse and BC know what’s good for them, they will push for us. The region needs the rivalries.

I’d like to merge the Big East with the ACC. I love Big East basketball. I just watched Xavier and Georgetown and enjoyed it. I don’t really enjoy watching any other conference and never have. A lifetime of following the Big East is hard to let go.

Reaction Score
If Cuse and BC know what’s good for them, they will push for us. The region needs the rivalries.

I’d like to merge the Big East with the ACC. I love Big East basketball. I just watched Xavier and Georgetown and enjoyed it. I don’t really enjoy watching any other conference and never have. A lifetime of following the Big East is hard to let go.
I don't want to see a merger but agree with the rest i enjoyed Marquette Creighton today. Don't watch any other conferences, maybe an occasional B1G game.

Reaction Score
FSU gonna pay so much i think we have a better chance of being their +1 to the league than this scenario happening.

Reaction Score
FSU gonna pay so much i think we have a better chance of being their +1 to the league than this scenario happening.
The writing is on the wall. There is no doubt schools like Clemson and UNC are looking for ways out of the conference into the Big 2. College sports overall will be screwed, but what do P2 schools care? As long as they got their money, everyone else can go screw themselves. It is the American way or winner takes all. It is the zero sum mentality in everything we do here in America.

Reaction Score
just to throw another outrageous yet not unfeasible scenario out there. Instead of a Big East-ACC merger, the Big East invites the ACC remnants for membership. Since there is no football, the ACC becomes a football only conference. So some programs are members of both the Big East and the ACC. Or they merge.

Reaction Score
just to throw another outrageous yet not unfeasible scenario out there. Instead of a Big East-ACC merger, the Big East invites the ACC remnants for membership. Since there is no football, the ACC becomes a football only conference. So some programs are members of both the Big East and the ACC. Or they merge.
Not terrible a joint power league. Increase BB money some, maybe have 2 commissioners for the separate sports and retain the right to split apart at a look in date or something.

Reaction Score
When the big brands leave, these are the teams the ACC is supposedly targeting to replace them.......

For all anybody knows, this is something made up by Wake Forest to say “see this is what we will come to if we let FSU Clem UNC get away.”

Reaction Score

Out of this group I'd go UConn/USF/OSU/WSU. All have been power conference schools and had success in them.

Reaction Score
For all anybody knows, this is something made up by Wake Forest to say “see this is what we will come to if we let FSU Clem UNC get away.”
Thats why they have to make it REALLY pricey for FSU to leave. If others have to pay the same, they will have over a billion in reserve if they all leave. That will go a long way.

Reaction Score
The Big East should add the ACC remnants and sponsor football. The Big East is awesome. The fan bases are very passionate and schools like Duke and Wake will fit in perfectly, along with Cuse, BC and VTech. It really is a great basketball conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom