2025 Recruiting: - Acaden Lewis final four | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Acaden Lewis final four

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
It's amazing how quick the guys we're recruiting become horrible players the second there's a whisper of them committing to another school
Their "playing" is just fine and not horrible. They are perhaps misguided and lack a few intangibles. Their choices will be indicative of this. By their choices they may reveal that they would not fit in this culture. It's not for everyone. That's OK.

Reaction Score
Their "playing" is just fine and not horrible. They are perhaps misguided and lack a few intangibles. Their choices will be indicative of this. By their choices they may reveal that they would not fit in this culture. It's not for everyone. That's OK.

This is why we're generally considered to be a "toxic" fanbase. A player who chooses to go to another school is not "misguided" or "lack intangibles." They are choosing another school that may be a better fit for them for a myriad of reasons.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This is why we're generally considered to be a "toxic" fanbase. A player who chooses to go to another school is not "misguided" or "lack intangibles." They are choosing another school that may be a better fit for them for a myriad of reasons.

I wrapped up my comments which are just an opinion with this:

"By their choices they may reveal that they would not fit in this culture. It's not for everyone. That's OK".

I don't know what their reasons might be and neither do you.

I would not label this as "toxic" but that's just my opinion.

And btw, who considers us to be a "toxic fanbase"? "Cuse?" LOL.

Reaction Score
I wrapped up my comments which are just an opinion with this:

"By their choices they may reveal that they would not fit in this culture. It's not for everyone. That's OK".

I don't know what their reasons might be and neither do you.

I would not label this as "toxic" but that's just my opinion.

And btw, who considers us to be a "toxic fanbase"? "Cuse?" LOL.
Seriously. Name me a fan base that isn’t toxic. I’m sure examples can be found in literally every fan base of “toxic behavior”.

Reaction Score
nd btw, who considers us to be a "toxic fanbase"? "Cuse?" LOL.
Andy Katz

Reaction Score
Seriously. Name me a fan base that isn’t toxic. I’m sure examples can be found in literally every fan base of “toxic behavior”.

For sure... But when the "toxic" fanbase thread came up a few weeks ago many people poo-poo'd it. This is an example. If a player chooses elsewhere they do not fit our culture. Again, there are many, many reasons that a player would choose to go elsewhere and it is not immediately a character flaw, lack of intangibles, or anything else. We are not the best choice for everyone. And that is perfectly fine.

Reaction Score
For sure... But when the "toxic" fanbase thread came up a few weeks ago many people poo-poo'd it. This is an example. If a player chooses elsewhere they do not fit our culture. Again, there are many, many reasons that a player would choose to go elsewhere and it is not immediately a character flaw, lack of intangibles, or anything else. We are not the best choice for everyone. And that is perfectly fine.
I don’t think that comment was meant to describe EVERY recruit that goes elsewhere that way. Geography and being close to family is a good reason. Concerns over playing time might be another. There are some. But sometimes programs that win at a very high level are accused of being “toxic” frankly out of jealousy. The Patriots and its fan base drew a lot of hate from other canvases, including the Jets. The old quote about glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind there.

awy

Reaction Score
DH is pretty toxic but he's also right most of the time. just strive to be both toxic and correct. :D

Reaction Score
I don’t think that comment was meant to describe EVERY recruit that goes elsewhere that way. Geography and being close to family is a good reason. Concerns over playing time might be another. There are some. But sometimes programs that win at a very high level are accused of being “toxic” frankly out of jealousy. The Patriots and its fan base drew a lot of hate from other canvases, including the Jets. The old quote about glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind there.
Best example of a toxic fan base is the Yankees. Throwing bottles and cans onto the field when they’re playing poorly or when a call doesn’t go their way.

Reaction Score
Best example of a toxic fan base is the Yankees. Throwing bottles and cans onto the field when they’re playing poorly or when a call doesn’t go their way.
I’m a Red Sox fan, and there are plenty of degenerates at Fenway. EVERY fan base has them. Usually jealousy is what drives hate and perjoratives like calling a fan base “toxic”. A school that hasn’t made the tournament or a bowl game in a decade or two doesn’t generally get classified that way because nobody cares lol.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't consider us toxic. We just took a lot of notes when we were down and everyone was piling on us for our fall in basketball, for being in the AAC, for being horrible in football.

Now we are bringing those receipts and cashing in. Though I won't engage in it I revel in knowing that Syracuse is irrelevant and their site is like a ghost town. Karma!

Reaction Score

How about "entitled" instead of toxic? Virtually every recruit who chooses elsewhere is described as deficient in some way by our fanbase. Yet, there is an active thread criticizing "delusional" Kentucky fans for doing the same.

Reaction Score
How about "entitled" instead of toxic? Virtually every recruit who chooses elsewhere is described as deficient in some way by our fanbase. Yet, there is an active thread criticizing "delusional" Kentucky fans for doing the same.
That’s painting with too broad a brush. “By our fan base.” By the entire fan base? Or by one or two or three opinions? And sometimes those opinions are wrong, but sometimes they are right. Adults often make mistakes in their lives and make bad decisions. Do 17 and 18 year olds? Sure they do. Some takes are bad and some have a lot of merit. Those who think all schools develop kids the same and it doesn’t matter where they go to school for the draft need to go read Braylon Mullins’ dad’s comments about this staff’s player development.

Reaction Score
I’m a Red Sox fan, and there are plenty of degenerates at Fenway. EVERY fan base has them. Usually jealousy is what drives hate and perjoratives like calling a fan base “toxic”. A school that hasn’t made the tournament or a bowl game in a decade or two doesn’t generally get classified that way because nobody cares lol.
Not trying to hijack this thread, but we should have a thread for most obnoxious/toxic fan bases out there. I would start with the Philly Eagles.

Reaction Score
Not trying to hijack this thread, but we should have a thread for most obnoxious/toxic fan bases out there. I would start with the Philly Eagles.
The Eagles is a solid choice. What other franchise has had a holding cell and on duty magistrate on site during home games? And booed Santa Claus and cheered as Michael Irvin was immobilized and carted off?

Reaction Score
That’s painting with too broad a brush. “By our fan base.” By the entire fan base? Or by one or two or three opinions? And sometimes those opinions are wrong, but sometimes they are right. Adults often make mistakes in their lives and make bad decisions. Do 17 and 18 year olds? Sure they do. Some takes are bad and some have a lot of merit. Those who think all schools develop kids the same and it doesn’t matter where they go to school for the draft need to go read Braylon Mullins’ dad’s comments about this staff’s player development.

The proverbial hit dog hollering.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom