2025 Recruiting: - Acaden Lewis final four | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Acaden Lewis final four

Reaction Score
hmmmm between lewis and mullins for the guard spot?

Don't forget the Australian, Furphy. Feels like those 3 are the guard spot. And we're probably recruiting Reibe and Bundalo separately with a plan to fill any gaps with miss with transfers. Just my guess.

Reaction Score
hmmmm between lewis and mullins for the guard spot?

Aussie and Thomas, too. We're not "out" with Thomas I don't think by any means. But if he is going to slow play this (and there's nothing wrong with that), he'll probably lose his "spot."

Reaction Score
Also worth noting: “They're looking for two guards to come in for this class and one big so the opportunity is there."

This does put a little pressure on the 3 remaining guards to pull the trigger or lose out. Spot goes to the guard that likely wants it the most. I wonder if Reibe and Bundalo are an either/or situation or if they’d take both.

Find it fairly interesting how UNC gets so little traction in these scenarios. They feel like the bridesmaid quite often, which leads me to believe the brand is keeping them included but something else is really keeping them from landing. They’re going to have playing time at guard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Then there were 3. UNC is out.

The 6-foot-2, 170-pound combo guard from Washington, DC is no longer considering UNC. That leaves a final three that includes Duke, UConn, and Kentucky.

UConn:
"The visit was very impressive and I've been there twice now. They have a great coaching staff, atmosphere, and energy. I really enjoyed being there. Their main message is I can come in and play. They're looking for two guards to come in for this class and one big so the opportunity is there."

interesting that he said one big

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Find it fairly interesting how UNC gets so little traction in these scenarios. They feel like the bridesmaid quite often, which leads me to believe the brand is keeping them included but something else is really keeping them from landing. They’re going to have playing time at guard.
As much as this board talks about the NBA and development try looking at how UNC does in that department.

If Jordan didn’t go there lord knows where they’d be at this point.
Aussie and Thomas, too. We're not "out" with Thomas I don't think by any means. But if he is going to slow play this (and there's nothing wrong with that), he'll probably lose his "spot."
Reading the tea leaves on Thomas. I think the ship has sailed there. Darius Adams didn’t even bring him up in regards to the guys he wanted to recruit to UConn.

Reaction Score
I hope him saying the staff is looking for one big doesn’t mean we wouldn’t take both Reibe and Bundalo if they wanted to commit. Forget the portal and take both if they want to be here.

Reaction Score
interesting that he said one big
I agree and that surprises me. I interpret a 'big' generally as a 5. It does suggest that they are viewing Bundalo as a 'big' along with Reibe which I find surprising. On the other hand, it may just mean that they are just pressing for 2 guards and 1 big in the class to cover their basic roster 'needs'. They may still covet Bundalo or Ament at the 4, but just not consider them a pressing need based on the wing talent they expect back. There is no way we don't take both Reibe and Bundalo if they want to come and we have the NIL budget for both. Clearly its reported we are still interested in Ament, and its not to play center or guard, so we are not limiting ourselves to 2G's and 1 Big.

Reaction Score
I agree and that surprises me. I interpret a 'big' generally as a 5. It does suggest that they are viewing Bundalo as a 'big' along with Reibe which I find surprising. On the other hand, it may just mean that they are just pressing for 2 guards and 1 big in the class to cover their basic roster 'needs'. They may still covet Bundalo or Ament at the 4, but just not consider them a pressing need based on the wing talent they expect back. There is no way we don't take both Reibe and Bundalo if they want to come and we have the NIL budget for both. Clearly its reported we are still interested in Ament, and its not to play center or guard, so we are not limiting ourselves to 2G's and 1 Big.
I’m sometimes troubled by the use of the term “wing”. To me it implies a player that prefers to play beyond the arc and occasionally take guys off the dribble to get to the rim or use a midrange game. Generally I do not associate those guys with doing heavy rebounding. I love what Alex has given in terms of being another presence on the glass. Ideally the 4 spot can give you some shooting, some size, some rebounding, and some ability to defend opposing 4s that might have a post game.

Reaction Score
Their main message is the availability of playing time for guards? With Adams, Ball, Nowell, and Mahaney?
Better not have Bundalo and Stewart at 4, Ross and Abraham at 3.

Reaction Score
Maybe internally they are seeing Bundalo as a bigger wing type, ala AK.
I've always said I think we want to bring in one of Bundalo and Reibe, not necessarily both. It seems that the preference is clearly Reibe given the amount of time we've spent with him, and the fact that he is more of a 5 than Bundalo.

awy

Reaction Score
considering the context of that statement i'll choose to interpret it as "having immediate playing time available" for 2 guards and 1 big. if the player is more of a wing but can do some part time big duty on certain small lineups it shouldn't be a big conflict.

if the recruits think they can compete and get more play time that's another way to get more guys.

Reaction Score
I've always said I think we want to bring in one of Bundalo and Reibe, not necessarily both. It seems that the preference is clearly Reibe given the amount of time we've spent with him, and the fact that he is more of a 5 than Bundalo.
I am not sure why we would prioritize a 5th G over an automatic starter at 4# in Bundalo. Having a battery of Bundalo + Abraham + Reed + Reibe gives you so many looks at match up options.

You can go big and strong, traditional 4/5 with Abraham and Reed.
Go long and deep, stretch with giants who can shoot a 3 with Bundalo and Reibe
And mix it up with a stretch 4 who can play outside then crash the board with Reed in the middle.

If you need a G, you can get a transfer G (RJ, Tristan, Cam, now Aidan). Guards with March experience are extremely valuable. A mixture of Mahaney, Ball, Adams, and Nowell gives you a lot of flexibility 1-3

2025:
1 & 2: Mahaney, Adams, Ball, Nowell
3: Stewart and Ross
4 & 5: Reed, Reibe, Bundalo, Abraham, Singare

Reaction Score
I am not sure why we would prioritize a 5th G over an automatic starter at 4# in Bundalo. Having a battery of Bundalo + Abraham + Reed + Reibe gives you so many looks at match up options.

You can go big and strong, traditional 4/5 with Abraham and Reed.
Go long and deep, stretch with giants who can shoot a 3 with Bundalo and Reibe
And mix it up with a stretch 4 who can play outside then crash the board with Reed in the middle.

If you need a G, you can get a transfer G (RJ, Tristan, Cam, now Aidan). Guards with March experience are extremely valuable. A mixture of Mahaney, Ball, Adams, and Nowell gives you a lot of flexibility 1-3

2025:
1 & 2: Mahaney, Adams, Ball, Nowell
3: Stewart and Ross
4 & 5: Reed, Reibe, Bundalo, Abraham, Singare
Plus Reibe in a “positionless” system can shoot the 3 some and move a shot blocker out from under the rim to guard him. In that scenario you’d want a 4 like Bundalo to be able to get some offensive rebounds and putbacks, along with being an occasional option on the block.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I’m sometimes troubled by the use of the term “wing”. To me it implies a player that prefers to play beyond the arc and occasionally take guys off the dribble to get to the rim or use a midrange game. Generally I do not associate those guys with doing heavy rebounding. I love what Alex has given in terms of being another presence on the glass. Ideally the 4 spot can give you some shooting, some size, some rebounding, and some ability to defend opposing 4s that might have a post game.
That's an interesting take but it seems that our guards (Tristan, Cam) and some wings (Castle) do a lot of the rebounding so not sure exactly what DH expects. I only know he wants to dominate the boards at both ends so perhaps that means mostly everyone crashes the boards and it just turns out that way. We get a lot of long rebounds due to a lot of outside shooting misses on both ends so that explains the smaller guys cleaning up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom