2025 Recruiting: - Acaden Lewis final four | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Acaden Lewis final four

Reaction Score
F it. Take all 3. We’ll run a 4 guard lineup like the old Nova teams
This is blowing my mind. Is this about to become a race to commit? Trilly wasn’t kidding with his recent post about the recruits diving for the vacant chairs I guess.

Reaction Score
Thought Tasheed C. was a BB trainer from Philly that has worked with Ahmad
I’m not sure about this either and don’t want to speculate, but he definitely seems like a father figure to Ahmad from everything I’ve seen.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure about this either and don’t want to speculate, but he definitely seems like a father figure to Ahmad from everything I’ve seen.
I do not disagree at all re: Tasheed's close and impactful relationship with Ahmad. And it does seem like he's a father figure to him. I actually researched on the web his familial status with Ahmad before posting my comment.

Every young person should have strong parental relationships if at all possible- And when not possible- Individuals that step up to fill those roles because they care for the well-being of those young people. Clearly Tasheed is one of those individuals. We all know of people who have done this.

I am a step-father myself so I get it. Trust me.

Reaction Score
Oh, I know, but there was some chirping on social media previously that Jamar/Jaylin got dragged into as well that thankfully got shut down pretty quickly.
———
As for over-stepping and all that, this is an extremely confident staff. They’re also very open with their praise and criticism and the plans they have for development. No one got worked up last season when some of Jaylin’s friends/family started chirping a little bit about playing time. Sheed has some pretty clear thoughts on how Ahmad’s basketball path might look, but he also has a tremendous amount of respect for this staff- they might disagree at some point, but the relationship is strong. He also likes taking in practices to watch and learn. Everybody is usually pretty good about staying in their respective lanes.
TBH. I think its awesome that Tasheed cares this much about Ahmad's future and its also awesome that DH/staff embrace his interest by allowing him access. Obviously a tremendous amount of respect and confidence between them and Ahmad comes out the winner with role models/father figures/coaches that care this much about him.

So I'm gonna bow out of this discussion. I think you know where I'm coming from.

Reaction Score
Let me guess. You were probably calling for Hurley's head after two consecutive first round exits as the higher seed.
wtf are you talking about ? You’re trying way too hard lmao. Pull up my history . I’ve been here a while.

Onto the actual discussion at hand. Are you disagreeing that 2 tournament wins at URI is not significantly more impressive than 0 at BYU?

Reaction Score
seems like some kentucky booster was overconfident
Personally I’ve always thought the same. Acaden’s camp has been very hush hush seemingly since the beginning. Don’t think that all of a sudden changes after he revisits UConn, especially without revisiting UK again. I think Trilly is relying on a few UK boosters (who probably also thought they were gonna get Hurley, McNeeley, Mahaney, etc.) plus the fact that us, Duke, and UNC all signed guards or are the favorites for guards in the last couple days.

Of the few predictions Trilly has missed on this year, 1-2 of them has been from UK if I remember correctly. Something to keep in mind. He doesn’t have a good UConn source and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s relying on a UK source that are a little too high on themselves.

Reaction Score
Tr
Personally I’ve always thought the same. Acaden’s camp has been very hush hush seemingly since the beginning. Don’t think that all of a sudden changes after he revisits UConn, especially without revisiting UK again. I think Trilly is relying on a few UK boosters (who probably also thought they were gonna get Hurley, McNeeley, Mahaney, etc.) plus the fact that us, Duke, and UNC all signed guards or are the favorites for guards in the last couple days.

Of the few predictions Trilly has missed on this year, 1-2 of them has been from UK if I remember correctly. Something to keep in mind. He doesn’t have a good UConn source and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s relying on a UK source that are a little too high on themselves.
Have you seen the Twitter stuff between Caleb Wilson, Acadian and Jasper? Was a big to do during Caleb’s visit with UK. This seemed to start the Acadian UK buzz. Perhaps much to do about nothing but definitely raised a lot of eyebrows.

Trilly is like 165 of last 167 predictions. Not bad.

Reaction Score

He's not going to rely on one source or only on people from one side or reading tea leaves to make a prediction of a 5*. That's not how you get to 99% accuracy.

Reaction Score
Tr

Have you seen the Twitter stuff between Caleb Wilson, Acadian and Jasper? Was a big to do during Caleb’s visit with UK. This seemed to start the Acadian UK buzz. Perhaps much to do about nothing but definitely raised a lot of eyebrows.

Yes, I think one could reasonably argue that the social media stuff meant nothing as much as one could argue it meant something. In the end none of the fans know him, so if that’s what is causing all the UK buzz, then I would feel pretty good that it’s not over.

I just checked, and Trilly is 198/203. Incredibly accurate and almost always right. But 3 of his 5 missed predictions came on Kentucky, Louisville, and Arkansas, 3 rival schools that perhaps share a similar source or two? Never know.

It’s an uphill battle, but I’m personally not ready to declare it over.

Reaction Score
He's not going to rely on one source or only on people from one side or reading tea leaves to make a prediction of a 5*. That's not how you get to 99% accuracy.
All I’m trying to say is that, if there were any 2 schools he’d be inaccurate on, it’d be us (which he doesn’t seem to have many good sources with) and UK (which he has missed on before, and actually also admitted he almost put out some false info on Hurley based off what he had heard from a UK booster).

Reaction Score
Yes, I think one could reasonably argue that the social media stuff meant nothing as much as one could argue it meant something. In the end none of the fans know him, so if that’s what is causing all the UK buzz, then I would feel pretty good that it’s not over.

I just checked, and Trilly is 198/203. Incredibly accurate and almost always right. But 3 of his 5 missed predictions came on Kentucky, Louisville, and Arkansas, 3 rival schools that perhaps share a similar source or two? Never know.

It’s an uphill battle, but I’m personally not ready to declare it over.
Is it 100% that the dad was back in Storrs to watch practice this weekend?

Reaction Score
Tr

This stuff happens all the time though…

Reaction Score
Tr

Is Lewis from Maine? :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom