2025 Recruiting: - Acaden Lewis final four | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Acaden Lewis final four

Reaction Score
at the end of the day UK is still a blue blood brand name, Pope has a very exciting and creative offense system, and there are alot of minutes to be had right off the bat in the backcourt with the 1 year transfer rentals that he got for this upcoming season departing. for someone Lewis's age entering college(he'll be 20 before the season even starts), I can see why that is enticing.

Sorry Kentucky played a nice offense or at least an open style under Cal. Problem is they couldn’t stop anyone and they still won’t!

Reaction Score
I think Kentucky is going to be fascinating this year. Pope has made a huge impression on the fan base and obvious recruits but we really don’t know if he can really coach or not. I mean they have like 11 new guys this year that were kinda just heaped together and then next year they’re shaping up to be a Cal-esque team with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. They love Pope now but they will turn on him with unrealistic expectations if things don’t go well quickly or if the shtick gets old.

Reaction Score
I think Kentucky is going to be fascinating this year. Pope has made a huge impression on the fan base and obvious recruits but we really don’t know if he can really coach or not. I mean they have like 11 new guys this year that were kinda just heaped together and then next year they’re shaping up to be a Cal-esque team with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. They love Pope now but they will turn on him with unrealistic expectations if things don’t go well quickly or if the shtick gets old.
he can coach. the x's and o's are his strength, it's the recruiting that people werent sure about but he's been even better than UK fans could have hoped. homerun hire. the only reason UK fans werent excited was because theyre crazy and were freaking out after not getting hurley or scott drew.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Tubby rode the early momentum and got McDAA's guys like Tayshaun Prince, Keith Bogans and Marvin Stone. Also got McDAAs like Rondo, Randolph Morris, and Joe(?) Crawford later on, yes it ended sour but he brought guys in. I think Gillespie even got a couple of McDAAs off memory like Patrick Patterson. Even without Calipari UK will have cache and these kids all grew up with UK in front of their face for the past decade. I wanted Lewis badly and won't write off until it's official but I get the appeal of playing for Pope/UK, the same guy that made the video for UConn's offense did one on YouTube for Mark Pope at BYU and it was pretty creative and impressive.
Feel like we should see more of these posts in recruitments. It’s okay to acknowledge how good other programs are while understand we will be fine with whoever is for us.

I wouldn’t mind having another losing out on Brandon Knight and Doron Lamb situation to get Shabazz Napier and Jeremy Lamb.

Reaction Score
Pope has won 20 or more games in 6 of the last 7 years so he’s proven he can coach a little.

Reaction Score
he can coach. the x's and o's are his strength, it's the recruiting that people werent sure about but he's been even better than UK fans could have hoped. homerun hire. the only reason UK fans werent excited was because theyre crazy and were freaking out after not getting hurley or scott drew.
Coach at the level UK expects. Winning 22 a year and losing in the first round will get him fired. He’ll have big talent but he needs guys to buy in and that’s easier said than done. I mean he’s got 9 transfers and three freshmen on that roster this year.

Gillespie and Tubby were big winners before getting to UK too and that place can swallow ppl up because they’re crazy in the best and worst of ways. If Cal comes in and beats them BBN will go for blood.

Reaction Score
Pope will have a couple of lefties in the back court with Acadien and Jasper. I’d have to think PT was a driving factor for him as with AN locked in at PG for a few years, Solo, Mahaney and now potentially 2 other guards coming, very crowded. The UK situation offers a lot of open PT.

There was no way we were going to get more than 2 guards anyway. Lewis probably wanted to lock the situation in before highly touted Mikel Brown got to Lexington for his visit.
Hearing your noise

Reaction Score
BYU has been in the B12 for all of one season. This is not the argument you think it is
And they’re there for a reason. They’ve always been a better sports school than Wagner and URI. With a lot more resources. It’s exactly the argument I think it is

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom