2025 Recruiting: - Acaden Lewis final four | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Acaden Lewis final four

awy

Reaction Score
the kentucky friendship ball stuff is pretty nonsensical. will playing with jasper make lewis better? absolutely not. from what he said about highlighting his strengths and hiding weaknesses, he understands this as well.

Reaction Score
I would love us to get Acaden Lewis and have him on the court with Ahmad Nowell next year - both are such crafty players. I would love watching AN/AL constantly penetrating and owning the paint. I'm sure the ball handling would be great as well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We're a football powerhouse now
Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I like how he says he's gonna wear 55 in college. Have we ever had a player wear 55 before?

Reaction Score
If bundalo can play C that would solve everything. Otherwise Abraham would have to accept being a 3rd string F again

Nowell / Lewis*
Mahaney / Adams*
Ball / Ross / Abraham
Stew / Bundalo* / Abraham
Reed / Singare
You heard it here first: Abraham will be an All Big East performer next year. He is a backup to nobody, next year.

Reaction Score
Meaning we’ve been involved much longer. UK has swooped in very recently. I’m not sure how much that means to a recruit but we’ve been courting for far longer.

UK has been recruiting him longer than we have. So yes, hopefully the length of courtship is not important.

Reaction Score
If we're going to post this article multiple times in this thread since yesterday, somebody needs to post the money quote.

“On top of that, they have a really great environment there, like the energy is different at practices and everything they do. I really like the whole staff, they really made a good impression, even though I already met them and I know them well. It was cool to talk to them for the weekend and just really hang out, really enjoyed talking to everybody. Hurley is an interesting character. I love those guys, i think they’re all bright basketball minds. I was really impressed, to be honest, like really impressed.”

If UConn doesn't get him it won't be for lack of trying or execution. Might he think there's a more direct path to starting as the PG at Kentucky as a freshman? What do they potentially have coming back next season? At UConn he might not want to compete with Nowell, and Mahaney for playing time at the 1 his first year. I know he said he can play off the ball but at 6-3 he knows he has to be a PG to make the NBA. Does he fancy himself a one and done or is he willing to develop into a starting PG later?

Reaction Score
If we're going to post this article multiple times in this thread since yesterday, somebody needs to post the money quote.

“On top of that, they have a really great environment there, like the energy is different at practices and everything they do. I really like the whole staff, they really made a good impression, even though I already met them and I know them well. It was cool to talk to them for the weekend and just really hang out, really enjoyed talking to everybody. Hurley is an interesting character. I love those guys, i think they’re all bright basketball minds. I was really impressed, to be honest, like really impressed.”

If UConn doesn't get him it won't be for lack of trying or execution. Might he think there's a more direct path to starting as the PG at Kentucky as a freshman? What do they potentially have coming back next season? At UConn he might not want to compete with Nowell, and Mahaney for playing time at the 1 his first year. I know he said he can play off the ball but at 6-3 he knows he has to be a PG to make the NBA. Does he fancy himself a one and done or is he willing to develop into a starting PG later?
Lewis is an interesting case - late climber, we were on him before the ascent and before the other 3 BBs, noticed him earlier in when the teams courting him were Cuse and Virginia. He’s still only in the 50s in On3s ranking but definitely has become the flavor of the blue blood month and has liked the attention (Twitter). Given he’s ditched a lot of the early interest and taken on the high profile programs, doesn’t seem a kid who obligates himself to the longer relationship. Question is now how much of it has gotten to his head, and whether he’s willing to put himself in the best spot for the long term development, or if he wants to be in the lights ASAP.

His position is likely a lot like Mahaney, on ball 2 guard that can handle the PG spot in a rotation. UKs going to have a mass final year transfer exodus after this season so if he’s wed to the instant PT and being able to jack threes with his buddies, then UK may be the land. He’s not likely to start at UConn as a frosh as will effectively be in rotation with AN, AM, Solo and any other guard we grab. Year 2 would be where he sees the major minutes. Would have to earn it here versus being granted it at UK.

Reaction Score

Sorry hooper. Probably me

Reaction Score
With Pope?

Yeah. Negligible difference but they offered 3 weeks earlier. The first time I heard of him was UK fans fawning over him on the Trilly discord. Poor Georgetown was recruiting him a year or more before the rest.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah. Negligible difference but they offered 3 weeks earlier. The first time I heard of him was UK fans fawning over him on the Trilly discord. Poor Georgetown was recruiting him a year or more before the rest.
His coaches love Georgetown. It’s not going to pay off with this recruitment but they are laying the foundation in the DMV to try and capitalize later on. Ewing left a big mess for Cooley to clean up.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I like how he says he's gonna wear 55 in college. Have we ever had a player wear 55 before?

I came here to comment that superficially, this is the only thing I hate.

His vibes, his game, EVERYTHING is A+ for me … but I’m big on numbers.

Seeing the pictures in 55 literally got me confused and a bit sad. Seeing he confirmed he wants 55 makes my stomach sour a bit.

That said, I want him to commit still, ASAP.

Reaction Score
If we are picking nits, Verbal Commits has us offering 4 days before UK. Although who knows .. the VC site is not what it used to be (at least visually). Just trying to keep the conversation lively ...

Reaction Score
Offering and putting time in are very different. We’ve offered guys you don’t hear a peep of us spending any time on, ie Chris Cenac. UK kinda put Lewis back on their “target” list recently and have now gone full throttle.

Reaction Score
Offering and putting time in are very different. We’ve offered guys you don’t hear a peep of us spending any time on, ie Chris Cenac. UK kinda put Lewis back on their “target” list recently and have now gone full throttle.
Hopefully the same full throttle that the Red Sox employed last offseason.

Reaction Score
If we are picking nits, Verbal Commits has us offering 4 days before UK. Although who knows .. the VC site is not what it used to be (at least visually). Just trying to keep the conversation lively ...

Very well could be right, I may have misread something on twitter. But all his big boy offers came during the same stretch of a few weeks and I know UK was in on him before us. I don’t think the OP means this but I also can see how you can read into this as these BB programs swooping in late and plucking a kid we have been working much harder for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom