2025 Recruiting: - Acaden Lewis final four | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Acaden Lewis final four

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Caleb Wilson seems to be pushing the package

In fairness, I’d be kinda like “WTH is this” if I were asked to hold up a game chain for a pic. He seems okay here with one of the back-to-back National Championship trophies…

IMG_8533.jpeg

Reaction Score
To a coach that has proven nothing? Yeah - good luck with that
Yeah I’ve been surprised at the recruits going there for Pope, but I guess Kentucky is always Kentucky until Pope shows that he can’t win. I know nothing about his coaching, just saying that’s when they will have trouble getting the high level recruits.

Reaction Score
Really don’t have room for him. Prefer adams and Mullins. Lewis and Thomas seem to
Prefer more short term cash to winning and development. That is for fine. Need the right culture fit. Adams, mullins, bundalo and reibe is the perfect class. Would also love the assie. Suspect he plays beyond his age due to his international experience. Probably get more years as well. Lewis to Kentucky, thomas to squid and both one mediocre year of college ball and off to NBA.

Reaction Score
at the end of the day UK is still a blue blood brand name, Pope has a very exciting and creative offense system, and there are alot of minutes to be had right off the bat in the backcourt with the 1 year transfer rentals that he got for this upcoming season departing. for someone Lewis's age entering college(he'll be 20 before the season even starts), I can see why that is enticing.

Reaction Score
Really don’t have room for him. Prefer adams and Mullins. Lewis and Thomas seem to
Prefer more short term cash to winning and development. That is for fine. Need the right culture fit. Adams, mullins, bundalo and reibe is the perfect class. Would also love the assie. Suspect he plays beyond his age due to his international experience. Probably get more years as well. Lewis to Kentucky, thomas to squid and both one mediocre year of college ball and off to NBA.
This is exactly how I feel. We have point guards for next year.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Acaden. Really wanted him but it doesn't always end up the way we want

Onto Darius Adams! Let's close that deal

Reaction Score
at the end of the day UK is still a blue blood brand name, Pope has a very exciting and creative offense system, and there are alot of minutes to be had right off the bat in the backcourt with the 1 year transfer rentals that he got for this upcoming season departing. for someone Lewis's age entering college(he'll be 20 before the season even starts), I can see why that is enticing.
It is a premiere program but Tubby Smith was there for 10 years and never recruited particularly well. His teams won, although Kentucky fans didn't like that he didn't get many blue chip recruits. Whether that was by design or not is up for debate. He won that first championship with mostly the players Pitino left him and then Kentucky fans ran him out of town. It will be interesting to see what Pope does over time.

Reaction Score
It is a premiere program but Tubby Smith was there for 10 years and never recruited particularly well. His teams won, although Kentucky fans didn't like that he didn't get many blue chip recruits. Whether that was by design or not is up for debate. He won that first championship with mostly the players Pitino left him and then Kentucky fans ran him out of town. It will be interesting to see what Pope does over time.
Tubby rode the early momentum and got McDAA's guys like Tayshaun Prince, Keith Bogans and Marvin Stone. Also got McDAAs like Rondo, Randolph Morris, and Joe(?) Crawford later on, yes it ended sour but he brought guys in. I think Gillespie even got a couple of McDAAs off memory like Patrick Patterson. Even without Calipari UK will have cache and these kids all grew up with UK in front of their face for the past decade. I wanted Lewis badly and won't write off until it's official but I get the appeal of playing for Pope/UK, the same guy that made the video for UConn's offense did one on YouTube for Mark Pope at BYU and it was pretty creative and impressive.

Reaction Score
PT right away was a stated priority from the beginning. UConn obviously made a big impression on the kid, but UConn is going to be strong at guard next year (we will just have to suffer with having too much talent ahead of him).

Reaction Score
Eh whatevs - nice player, but not a true need for next year with Nowell here. As soon as he took this one to Twitter it felt a little gimmicky and not what a “serious” player would do. Let’s see if Caleb Wilson follows. I’m sure Rupp Rafters is lathering themselves in it.

Best of luck to him. Makes me wonder if there was any sense either way that both parties were moving in different directions as the Adams announcement came on quick and the Mullins situation seems to have accelerated. If anything I think this is a good sign we land Braylon.

Reaction Score
Lewis will be successful wherever he lands. Pope has promised a wide open offense with plenty of shots/PT available. Gets to play with some of his friends. Pretty good situation for him. Would have been fun in Storrs .But we've got some attractive targets still uncommitted and talent to handle the ball like Nowell/Aidan

Reaction Score
Lewis will be successful wherever he lands. Pope has promised a wide open offense with plenty of shots/PT available. Gets to play with some of his friends. Pretty good situation for him. Would have been fun in Storrs .But we've got some attractive targets still uncommitted and talent to handle the ball like Nowell/Aidan
Pope will have a couple of lefties in the back court with Acadien and Jasper. I’d have to think PT was a driving factor for him as with AN locked in at PG for a few years, Solo, Mahaney and now potentially 2 other guards coming, very crowded. The UK situation offers a lot of open PT.

There was no way we were going to get more than 2 guards anyway. Lewis probably wanted to lock the situation in before highly touted Mikel Brown got to Lexington for his visit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom