2025 Recruiting: - Acaden Lewis final four | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Acaden Lewis final four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're not wrong. So why have First Night? It's a waste of time in it's current purpose and form. It's of no benefit. I'm bringing up the young fans as an alternative reason, that we're still doing a terrible job at. If it's not for recruiting than it should at least be for younger fans. If it's for neither....scrap it.
Because it's a remnant of Midnight Madness which was the first time teams could practice and everyone still does it even though it lost what made it cool.

Reaction Score
How old are you? Serious question. You sound like an adult. Not an 18 year old kid. We are recruiting the same kids Duke and Kentucky are. And None of you can answer the question of "Why have first night if it has no purpose".
He's right though. We get a different type of recruit than other programs. You have to be unique to pick UConn, Ray Allen explained it well.

Reaction Score
Because it's a remnant of Midnight Madness which was the first time teams could practice and everyone still does it even though it lost what made it cool.
Yeah I know that. I keep repeating myself and i'm getting on my own nerves so I'll stop after this lol. I just hate dead weight. If we're going to have it let's make sure it benefits the program in some way.

Reaction Score
He's right though. We get a different type of recruit than other programs. You have to be unique to pick UConn, Ray Allen explained it well.
So if Acaden Lewis picks UK or Duke was he not a UConn "type of recruit". What about Niko Bundalo? Or the vast number of other recruits Hurley wants or has wanted that seriously consider Duke or UK.

Reaction Score
Yeah I know that. I keep repeating myself and i'm getting on my own nerves so I'll stop after this lol. I just hate dead weight. If we're going to have it let's make sure it benefits the program in some way.
I don't know what to tell you. Hurley doesn't want dunk contests and rappers. Everything he does is benefiting the program.

Reaction Score
I don't know what to tell you. Hurley doesn't want dunk contests and rappers. Everything he does is benefiting the program.
Never advocated for either. And their have been rappers and dunk contest at first night with Hurley here. They brought in Silento in 2018 or 2019 i forget haha. We have to stop this righteous attitude stuff lol

Reaction Score
So if Acaden Lewis picks UK or Duke was he not a UConn "type of recruit". What about Niko Bundalo? Or the vast number of other recruits Hurley wants or has wanted that seriously consider Duke or UK.
I'll think they're a little less serious if they are our top options and they pick elsewhere.

Obviously I'll think any kid is less serious if they pick a school based on First Night and what rapper a school gets.

Reaction Score
Never advocated for either. And their have been rappers and dunk contest at first night with Hurley here. They brought in Silento in 2018 or 2019 i forget haha. We have to stop this righteous attitude stuff lol
We don't have to stop anything, again the results speak for themselves. If you prefer the show Kentucky or Duke puts on then watch them instead.

Reaction Score
I'll think they're a little less serious if they are our top options and they pick elsewhere.

Obviously I'll think any kid is less serious if they pick a school based on First Night and what rapper a school gets.
Why do you keep mentioning rappers? It's strange.

And we just agree to disagree. Duke and UK send multiple guys to the league every year. A kid picking either school does not indicate they are "less serious". That's too righteous for my taste.

Reaction Score

Not at all saying that Duke’s First Night persuaded the likes of Flagg and Ngongba to commit there. But it unequivocally did not hurt Duke to have that event. And Hurley wanted those two guys. And those are just two examples.

Reaction Score
We don't have to stop anything, again the results speak for themselves. If you prefer the show Kentucky or Duke puts on then watch them instead.
We do because it's cringe worthy. You're also just wrong as we have done all of that stuff. Was Calhoun not serious because of the Ryan Boatright and Andre Drummond dunk contest?

Reaction Score
Why do you keep mentioning rappers? It's strange.

And we just agree to disagree. Duke and UK send multiple guys to the league every year. A kid picking either school does not indicate they are "less serious". That's too righteous for my taste.
Please explain, why is it strange? That's what most schools get if they get live entertainers for First Night/Midnight Madness, that's how it's been since I was in school.

If schools were getting rock bands or country singers more often than rappers I would mention them.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The Athletic Dept doesn’t care about First Night like they don’t care about pre-game festivities for football games.

That requires money and we don’t have it.

Reaction Score
Please explain, why is it strange? That's what most schools get if they get live entertainers for First Night/Midnight Madness, that's how it's been since I was in school.

If schools were getting rock bands or country singers more often than rappers I would mention them.
Because i've never said they need to bring in rappers lol. I dont know why you're hung up on something i've never advocated for. When they brought in Silento is was just as terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom