2025 Recruiting: - Acaden Lewis final four | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Acaden Lewis final four

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
None are really small but Castle is 6’6”, Newton is 6’5”, and Spencer is 6’4”. All are excellent rebounders for guards. That’s not to say this crop won’t rebound well, but they have big shoes to fill in that regard.
The height issue was intensified in the finals vs Purdue that our perimeter was taller than theirs so could really contest 3s.

In general, height is not as much of a concern in our offense, as it is on defense, but 6'3" is plenty from a guard.

Reaction Score
The height issue was intensified in the finals vs Purdue that our perimeter was taller than theirs so could really contest 3s.

In general, height is not as much of a concern in our offense, as it is on defense, but 6'3" is plenty from a guard.
Imo height will be more important at the non center positions going forward because Clingan was a high level rim protector, and did his work in the lane and close to the post. Reibe is very skilled but is not quite the same type of big as Clingan. UConn would want to have rebounding from the 1 through 4 spots as well as strong perimeter D and quickness to cut off guard penetration and run opponents off the three point line.

Reaction Score
Reading the tea leaves on Thomas. I think the ship has sailed there. Darius Adams didn’t even bring him up in regards to the guys he wanted to recruit to UConn.

Except that every source still states we're recruiting him and that we were present at his "school" not that long ago. I think we're definitely still recruiting him but we also realize that he's probably playing the long game and we prioritizing the other guys since a bird in the hand... But if we miss out on our other options, I would think our ship would still be in the water.

Reaction Score
Except that every source still states we're recruiting him and that we were present at his "school" not that long ago. I think we're definitely still recruiting him but we also realize that he's probably playing the long game and we prioritizing the other guys since a bird in the hand... But if we miss out on our other options, I would think our ship would still be in the water.
If you think we’re getting Thomas at this point, I have a bridge to sell you.

Reaction Score

IMO: Height is always a good thing, but it's gotta come with skill first. We learned that when we recruited AK rather than our usual type of PF like Akok or Johnson before he switched to the C.

Fundamentals gotta come first on both ends of the floor.

Also gotta consider the guys who are undersized but uber-strong athletic. Nowell and Solo are undersized for their position, but both of them are built like a bull on HGH. If their fundamentals on defense are right, they're going to defend the drive well and should have enough length to contest.

Reaction Score
I like the talent a lot but I think the decision timelines will probably mean we are more likely to land another guard at this point.
Yeah - and honestly it seems like his priorities are a bit different. He just set up a visit to Kansas State. That tells me something.

Reaction Score
Yeah - and honestly it seems like his priorities are a bit different. He just set up a visit to Kansas State. That tells me something.
No hard feelings. We wanted him, the staff wanted him, that was clear to everyone. He’s a great player. But there are also other great players out there. It’s a business.

Reaction Score
If you think we’re getting Thomas at this point, I have a bridge to sell you.

Didn't say I think we're going to get him. Just that we are still recruiting him as had reported repeatedly.

Reaction Score
Didn't say I think we're going to get him. Just that we are still recruiting him as had reported repeatedly.
I hear you…but I’m not sure the reports that we are still recruiting him really matter that much…it seems obvious he’s not as much of a priority anymore nor are we a priority for him.

Reaction Score
Bundlo vs Reibe or Bundle AND Reibe might have more to do with the balance Danny seems to like on the roster between veterans, highly rated freshman, super sophomores and transfers.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
On the subject of creepy Duke....not trying to be a hater, and I appreciate the enthusiasm of the crowd, but this Duke video always makes me laugh.

Why in the hell did they choose that song??

Because they're softies?

Reaction Score
Scheyer hasn’t done much at all with developing guards.

Foster, Roach, Proctor, Powers, Stewart were all top 25 guards that didn’t get any better or transferred out. He did get McCain in but I attribute that more to his killer tic toc videos.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Scheyer hasn’t done much at all with developing guards.

Foster, Roach, Proctor, Powers, Stewart were all top 25 guards that didn’t get any better or transferred out. He did get McCain in but I attribute that more to his killer tic toc videos.
I know people like to pile on you, but this one dude cmon.

Reaction Score
I know nothing about recruiting and we had a great chance with any of the guys we’re after, but I felt that once Adams committed, Lewis was least likely to commit here. I know they are technically different positions but with the position less ball nowadays, Adams seems really versatile and can handle the ball as well. And we have guys that will be here to play point if we needed that. We may very well get the other 3 not including the foreign player. Not sure about him. He may be less likely to worry about who’s here, but we are not getting Lewis. This ship has sailed and I’m no recruiting guru.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom