2025 Recruiting: - Acaden Lewis final four | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Acaden Lewis final four

awy

Reaction Score
caleb wilson the enthusiastic kentucky recruiter taking OV to UNC, not so committed to kentucky eh
actually seems like it's an unofficial, not good for the kentucky friendship ball narrative

Reaction Score
Who said what we are doing isn't working? And for the same reason recruits go to football games on visits(which Hurley has done), to give the kid a look into how awesome our fanbase is.

BTW, Clingan came to first night. My question was more so why we don't do more of it. It seems to be an effective recruiting tool for some kids.
Well, you kinda did. You said that other schools are using something as a recruiting tool that is "effective", why aren't we? I'm saying whatever we are doing seems to be pretty effective as is.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Yes. I think we're getting him but I have no inside info.

I also think there's a pretty good chance he's the best player we're involved with. He's a 5 star IMO.
The amount of talent we have on hand plus all these potential recruits is mind boggling. In a few weeks with all these potential recruits we may need to have Jay Bilas do another great interview. Way to go staff!!!!

Reaction Score
Well, you kinda did. You said that other schools are using something as a recruiting tool that is "effective", why aren't we? I'm saying whatever we are doing seems to be pretty effective as is.
So we should add nothing to it? Asking why we don’t do something. Is not saying what we’re doing isn’t working. You’re reaching

Reaction Score
From the comments from recruits it seems that Hurley type recruits are more impressed with a tough practice than the pageantry of First Night.
It’s not a big deal.

BUT

We can do both.

Side note. Recruiting aside our first nights in general are kind of boring. It should be a promotional night for the program. I teach in Southern Connecticut and UConn does very little to capture the love and attention from the youth in this area. It’s good for the long term health of our program to cultivate younger fans.

Reaction Score
It’s not a big deal.

BUT

We can do both.

Side note. Recruiting aside our first nights in general are kind of boring. It should be a promotional night for the program. I teach in Southern Connecticut and UConn does very little to capture the love and attention from the youth in this area. It’s good for the long term health of our program to cultivate younger fans.
Lewis looks thrilled at Duke. Must have seen the creepy baby.

Reaction Score
Or, you get left behind eventually.
Calhoun never liked it and he did just fine. Hurley isn’t into it and I think he’s doing just fine. Let the hucksters like Calipari and Kentucky have their used car shows. We don’t need that crap and we certainly aren’t missing out on anything.

Maybe they should be looking at what WE have been doing right for the last 25 years???

Reaction Score
You’re not tinkering with what works. You’re adding to it. This mindset gets you left in the dust. I hope Hurley doesn’t think this way.
We've maybe had one good Midnight Madness/First Night in 26 years. It's not a serious thing and we're a serious program.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Chief has me blocked, with all this first night talk I’m looking for the post of chief coming in and calling ant a beloved casual

Reaction Score
We've maybe had one good Midnight Madness/First Night in 26 years. It's not a serious thing and we're a serious program.
This is a cop out in my opinion. Catering to younger fans does not make you an unserious program. If we’re not going to maximize the event what’s the actual point of doing it? I’d assume you all would be ok with just scrapping it all together. It’s a enormous waste of time.

I also don’t think Hurley or Geno are that much involved with the production of first night. This isn’t a Hurley thing. The UConn Athletic Department just doesn’t know how to cater to younger fans. We still play Jock Jams. It’s an athletic department flaw. Not a serious one. But it doesn’t make us “more serious” or “pure” lmao.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This is a cop out in my opinion. Catering to younger fans does not make you an unserious program. If we’re not going to maximize the event what’s the actual point of doing it? I’d assume you all would be ok with just scrapping it all together. It’s a enormous waste of time.

I also don’t think Hurley or Geno are that much involved with the production of first night. This isn’t a Hurley thing. The UConn Athletic Department just doesn’t know how to cater to younger fans. We still play Jock Jams. It’s an athletic department flaw. Not a serious one. But it doesn’t make us “more serious” or “pure” lmao.
When you say younger fans do you mean fans in the state who aren’t on campus?

If so it may be pretty hard for those fans to make it out to Storrs for a first night event. It’s so out the way to where the rest of Connecticut actually lives. The closest big city Hartford is almost an hour itself.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It’s insane how the athletic department can do the hard things so well, like hiring coaches and having consistent winning programs in most sports. But the easy things get messed up.

Intros/banner ceremony
Speeches from the coaches and captains
3pt/Dunk contest
Scrimmage/s
Outro/NIL reminder/thank everyone for coming out

No rap battles, no broken baskets, no cringy music acts.

Maybe bring a legend out to give a short speech and get the crowd energized. Induct a former husky into the huskies of honor, or retire some legends jersey.

Make it a night to celebrate how awesome it is to be a Husky basketball fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom