AAF | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AAF

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not a subscriber, so cannot see the story - but $250 million US Dollars?

Rhetorical question - How does one have the courage to launch a new sports league without enough funds to cover year 1?

yes the story says 250,000,000 and he’s now chairman.

Reaction Score
I'm not a subscriber, so cannot see the story - but $250 million US Dollars?

Rhetorical question - How does one have the courage to launch a new sports league without enough funds to cover year 1?

Maybe they can hire another artist and make some new logos.

Vince McMahon should just invest his 100M with this group. They seem to have a good overall strategy.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So I don’t get it....all these outlets have been touting this league as being different and able to survive due to how it’s not trying to outdo the NFL or replace it. However, they couldn’t budget for the first season, let alone first two weeks?!? I simply can’t understand how that even happens....from season one to two, sure, but after week two of your first season?!?

They had a pretty solid TV package and must have budgeted for salaries. How the heck did this happen? Holy heck.....

Reaction Score
dont get too attached

NHL owner rescues fledgling AAF with much-needed cash...

if you arent a sub

Condon the Hurricanes owner ponied up $250 mill without it they were missing payroll last Friday.
Wasn't going to weigh in on this but Charlie Ebersol is full of cr@p. He's had unbelievable opportunities because of his dad but the idea of him running a sports league is pretty preposterous.

Reaction Score
Steve Spurrier on NHL owner's sudden buyout of AAF: Original investor "bailed out"

>>“I think what happened is an original investor sort of led us (Ebersol and the Alliance) into believing he could come up with the money to get us through the first year, and then he sort of bailed out,” Spurrier said. “He didn’t have it (the money), and we found Tom Dundon. I think he (Dundon) liked the idea so much , he became the majority owner (of the league) and now we’re all set to go for quite a while.<<

>>“After that first week of games, we were at the height of our valuation and were able to dictate our future,” Ebersol said when asked by the Sentinel if the league was in a financial bind before Dundon bought in. “We are a start-up, and start-ups usually raise money in pieces — there’s a Series A piece, Series B, Series C, etc. After the success of the first week, we had a number of investors come to us and offer us all kinds of different investments. Tom Dundon showed up and said, ‘Do you want to continue to raise Series B, Series C and Series D or do you want to raise Series Infinity right now and be taken care of from now on.’ That was an offer I was not going to refuse.”<<

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Summers is like the MVP of this league. This INT was thrown straight to him.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
AAF might fold after this weekend without help from the NFLPA? Just ordered the last size M Commanders hoodie on ebay. :eek:

Comes in handy for a lounging hoodie.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
AAF might fold after this weekend without help from the NFLPA? Just ordered the last size M Commanders hoodie on ebay. :eek:

Comes in handy for a lounging hoodie.

The games are mildly entertaining, but the timing is off. The talent isn't there because the money isn't there, like how when the USFL used to steal players from the NFL. The money isn't there because, by and large, most people are football'ed out by the time the Super Bowl comes and goes. March brings "Madness," and April brings baseball, with NHL and NBA playoffs on the horizon.

Doubtful the XFL will fair any better.

Reaction Score
This was one of the most destined things to fail of all-time.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm actually slightly bummed this isn't working out. I haven't watched very much, but what little I did I enjoyed.
Its a legit minor league for the NFL. The guys that have performed have already elevated their chances a wee bit for NFL summer camps.

The TV coverage has been real strong all things considered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom