AAF | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AAF

Reaction Score
I like kickoffs,sad to see them die. I also preferred sudden death over time, but I know i am in the minority.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think the new inside kick rule in the NFL has ruined the onside kick. I like the AAF's alternative. I also HATE the NFL's OT rule. You lose the coin toss (Chiefs), sorry, your offense doesn't get a chance to tie this game if they (Patriots) score

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think the new inside kick rule in the NFL has ruined the onside kick. I like the AAF's alternative. I also HATE the NFL's OT rule. You lose the coin toss (Chiefs), sorry, your offense doesn't get a chance to tie this game if they (Patriots) score
That WAS the NFL overtime rule.

The new NFL OT rule is basically the first one to 6 and funny that I didn't see the Rams complaining. If the defense forces a turn over or holds the opponent to a field goal on the first possession, the offense gets the ball. The defense gets paid too.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
i dont like the forced 2 pt conv.

they should offer 1 pt for free or you can risk that 1 pt for 2. still no pats and so much of the game doesnt boil down to conversions.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Someone made a suggestion today on Pardon My Take to have a 'Chunk Football League.' All skill position players required to be over 300 lbs. All lineman must be under 200 lbs. Would be amazing.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Someone made a suggestion today on Pardon My Take to have a 'Chunk Football League.' All skill position players required to be over 300 lbs. All lineman must be under 200 lbs. Would be amazing.
Which category do the linebackers fall into? I think that would lose it's following pretty quickly, especially since one, both, or merged variety of these spring leagues hopes to become an NFL farm system.

Reaction Score
You lose the coin toss (Chiefs), sorry, your offense doesn't get a chance to tie this game if they (Patriots) score
You're missing the "and your defense couldn't stop them from marching down the field for a TD" part that goes in the middle there.. It's important.

I've heard that players would never want to change to college rules and frankly don't want to play OT because by the end of the game, they're too exhausted. They just want the game to be over. I think putting the ball at the 10 is the best thing to do; also fewer risky high-impact plays (minus crosses) happen in smaller space like the redzone.

I hate tying though. I think in a perfect world, you do college rules but teams start a couple first downs out of FG range, like their own 40 or something

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
You're missing the "and your defense couldn't stop them from marching down the field for a TD" part that goes in the middle there.. It's important.
I get that part and I understand. However, you aren't giving the other half of your team the chance to tie it up and continue playing.

Look, the OT rules are what they are. Clearly I'm not a Pats fan and I'm not looking to turn this into an argument, conversation, whatever about them. Was just using them as a recent example of why I don't like the OT rules.

Reaction Score
I wonder how the AAF and XFL will ultimately play in...

The AAF start beat the NBA overnight ratings so they seem to be off to a good start.

I imagine that they want to be the de facto nfl farm league.

The xfl on the other hand next season will run one year contracts up to 300k/year, with most likely no age restrictions.

If football athletes do have an avenue to play for pay and, maybe, access the NFL without playing in college...does that influence the college pay for play controversy?

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I wonder how the AAF and XFL will ultimately play in...

The AAF start beat the NBA overnight ratings so they seem to be off to a good start.

I imagine that they want to be the de facto nfl farm league.

The xfl on the other hand next season will run one year contracts up to 300k/year, with most likely no age restrictions.

If football athletes do have an avenue to play for pay and, maybe, access the NFL without playing in college...does that influence the college pay for play controversy?
I'd say there's slim to none chance anyone skips college, plays a year or two and then goes to the NFL. Their bodies and skill levels are not evenly remotely close to being on a practice squad. They'd need to be through college.

Look at AAF rosters. They are full of college stars who never made it past the practice squad or players who played a bit in the NFL and then washed out for one reason or another and are trying to get back in. They are men competing out there.

Reaction Score
Sources: AAF coaching salaries are better than you might think - FootballScoop

>>In conversations with sources around the league, FootballScoop has learned that AAF head coaching salaries break out roughly as follows:

— $500,000 for head coaches
— $200-250,000 for coordinators
— $75-150,000 for position coaches

While those salaries would not lure active coaches from the NFL or FBS, the AAF is paying above market rate for everything from FCS on down. Furthermore, those salaries come with full health benefits and perhaps the most important benefit — time off. The season runs from January through April and, while offseason duties vary from team to team, sources indicated it’s nothing approaching the level of offseason expected of coaches elsewhere in professional and college football.<<

Reaction Score
Sources: AAF coaching salaries are better than you might think - FootballScoop

>>In conversations with sources around the league, FootballScoop has learned that AAF head coaching salaries break out roughly as follows:

— $500,000 for head coaches
— $200-250,000 for coordinators
— $75-150,000 for position coaches

While those salaries would not lure active coaches from the NFL or FBS, the AAF is paying above market rate for everything from FCS on down. Furthermore, those salaries come with full health benefits and perhaps the most important benefit — time off. The season runs from January through April and, while offseason duties vary from team to team, sources indicated it’s nothing approaching the level of offseason expected of coaches elsewhere in professional and college football.<<
Coaches making more than players? Interesting. Expect blowback if this lasts more than one season and looks profitable.

Reaction Score

Like the opposite of Sprint football! 178 lbs weight limit.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Honestly this league could be a great fit for Pindell

If he wants to play quarterback, then I agree.

Still think he can play in the NFL as a wide receiver or defensive back

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Saw this today on Facebook.
Haha!

1550253449136.png

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Summers had a pivotal forced fumble for Birmingham today. He might play himself into a camp invite for next year

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
dont get too attached

NHL owner rescues fledgling AAF with much-needed cash...

if you arent a sub

Condon the Hurricanes owner ponied up $250 mill without it they were missing payroll last Friday.

I'm not a subscriber, so cannot see the story - but $250 million US Dollars?

Rhetorical question - How does one have the courage to launch a new sports league without enough funds to cover year 1?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom