AAF

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
I'm not a subscriber, so cannot see the story - but $250 million US Dollars?

Rhetorical question - How does one have the courage to launch a new sports league without enough funds to cover year 1?
yes the story says 250,000,000 and he’s now chairman.

ZooCougar

Shut Up Carl.
I'm not a subscriber, so cannot see the story - but $250 million US Dollars?

Rhetorical question - How does one have the courage to launch a new sports league without enough funds to cover year 1?
Maybe they can hire another artist and make some new logos.

Vince McMahon should just invest his 100M with this group. They seem to have a good overall strategy.

So I don’t get it....all these outlets have been touting this league as being different and able to survive due to how it’s not trying to outdo the NFL or replace it. However, they couldn’t budget for the first season, let alone first two weeks?!? I simply can’t understand how that even happens....from season one to two, sure, but after week two of your first season?!?

They had a pretty solid TV package and must have budgeted for salaries. How the heck did this happen? Holy heck.....

Steve Spurrier on NHL owner's sudden buyout of AAF: Original investor "bailed out"

>>“I think what happened is an original investor sort of led us (Ebersol and the Alliance) into believing he could come up with the money to get us through the first year, and then he sort of bailed out,” Spurrier said. “He didn’t have it (the money), and we found Tom Dundon. I think he (Dundon) liked the idea so much , he became the majority owner (of the league) and now we’re all set to go for quite a while.<<

>>“After that first week of games, we were at the height of our valuation and were able to dictate our future,” Ebersol said when asked by the Sentinel if the league was in a financial bind before Dundon bought in. “We are a start-up, and start-ups usually raise money in pieces — there’s a Series A piece, Series B, Series C, etc. After the success of the first week, we had a number of investors come to us and offer us all kinds of different investments. Tom Dundon showed up and said, ‘Do you want to continue to raise Series B, Series C and Series D or do you want to raise Series Infinity right now and be taken care of from now on.’ That was an offer I was not going to refuse.”<<

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Summers is like the MVP of this league. This INT was thrown straight to him.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Last edited: