#6 Texas vs #2 Maryland - 3/28/21 | Page 16 | The Boneyard

#6 Texas vs #2 Maryland - 3/28/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I dont know how Reese faired on the defense end, but she was 0-6 with 2 TOs, so maybe she should be looking in the mirror if she wants to know the reason she didnt play more.
I did view the stats earlier. She also had 5 or 6 rebounds in limited minutes, which was more than just about any other Terrapin, I think. Guess Brenda values scoring more than rebounding . . .

Reaction Score
I dont know how Reese faired on the defense end, but she was 0-6 with 2 TOs, so maybe she should be looking in the mirror if she wants to know the reason she didnt play more.
You can’t keep anyone happy these days. Everyone jumps into the transfer portal these days if they don’t get it their way

its become a free agency and musical chairs

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
For me, defense still wins championships. Few better at D than Vic's teams. He's a tremendous coach while Brenda is just very good. I thought UTA had a good chance to win this one. I don't take any advantage for SC from this game so I will be just as nervous watching the Gamecocks face the Longhorns as I would have the Terps. Dawn and Vic both know each other, hopefully Dawn continues the success she has over Vic. Would love to see Destiny Littleton have a very nice game off the bench - she was pretty miserable in Austin and thought Aston should be fired. I thank ABC/ESPN for giving SC an 8 hr rest advantage with their scheduling. :confused:
Littleton showed up in awful physical condition her freshman season, and then was injured in part for that reason. All she wanted to do was shoot, and not play defense. She got in better condition for her sophomore season, but still not good enough to reach her potential, IMO.

Reaction Score
Love me some Magic !

Magic’s little sister played for South Carolina.
4FC45DCD-47A4-46DA-AF0D-26E374F8C45F.jpeg

Reaction Score
That’s a New Britain accent. We lived in Avon while we were raising our kids, and I worked in New Britain part of that time. They didn’t talk like that in Avon, except the kids did - only when saying “New Bri-ian“. That’s just how it is.

Rebecca has spent a lot of time in Bristol (home of ESPN), which is so close to New Bri-ian it almost IS New Bri-ian“.
Don't put Bristol in this conversation lol!

Reaction Score
I still don't get why everyone was saying the Big10 proved themselves a superior conference! All hot air, and mirrors. Way over seeded if they can't even beat TX - I knew AZ deserved to be a two seed!

:eek: :confused::cool:?

Superior conference is a stretch, but a competitive conference yes. Impression I've gotten from some posters is that the BIG10 teams weren't on the same level as other P5 conferences.

While only 1 team moved on to the Elite 8, they had 4 in the Sweet 16 which was more than any other conference I believe. One just knocked a #1 seed who won the ACC tournament. Rankings aside, their conference performed well in the tournament in my opinion.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
What was up with Andy Landers yesterday? I normally enjoy his commentary. But, in pre-game, half-time, and maybe even after that, he would just keep digging in his heels with his comments that Maryland's offense was unstoppable. Carolyn Peck kept standing up for Texas' defense over and over, and he just kept shooting her down. I've never seen him as anti-Texas, but he was way over the top yesterday, IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks can be deceiving... Owusu has always had that body type but she’s moves extremely well. Doesn’t appear to slow her down much from the games I have watched. She’s a tremendous player. I enjoy watching her and Diamond Miller.
I think she is a little bigger than she was last season, but doesn't seem to hurt her any if she is.

I don't see any indication she's out of shape.

Reaction Score
Looks can be deceiving... Owusu has always had that body type but she’s moves extremely well. Doesn’t appear to slow her down much from the games I have watched. She’s a tremendous player. I enjoy watching her and Diamond Miller.
Miller was playing HARD.

So was Texas of course, but I always feel for players who put it all out there and far short.

Reaction Score
She's an All-American and an engineering major. And she didn't sit a minute during the second half. I think she knows what's good for her.

It's a ridiculously bad-faith argument to say that she doesn't take diet and exercise seriously because you think she doesn't fit the mold of what a PG should look like. Grow up.
Ditto to everything you said here. I thought @HuskyNan literally just posted reinforcement of the rule to NOT talk about body type too. Can we just boot people that clearly don't seem to get it?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ditto to everything you said here. I thought @HuskyNan literally just posted reinforcement of the rule to NOT talk about body type too. Can we just boot people that clearly don't seem to get it?
Talking about conditioning isn’t the same as leering at a young woman’s figure.

I know people are confused but that’s because they’re trying to figure out what to say/not say about women. Instead, try figuring out if whatever comment you’d like to make is appropriate for a basketball player, period.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
There are only a few NCAA tournament games I can recall being absolutely shocked by
  • Harvard over Stanford
  • Louisville over Baylor
  • this one

Maybe a few others I'm forgetting (non-UConn), but not a lot.
Didn't Ball State have a big one?

I'll give the some teams with upsets, Marist, Hartford, Quinnipiac, Gonzaga, Milwaukee Greenbay, Troy(nope, robbed). There are others. I like giving more love to mid majors.

Reaction Score
Just watched the Texas Maryland game. Texas playing Vic ball and I believe Texas will be lots tough than expected. Warren reminds me of Dom Dillingham, she is one tough basketball player!

Reaction Score
I am happy for Vic. I didn't watch the game but felt Maryland would win easily. I was wrong.

Reaction Score
Talking about conditioning isn’t the same as leering at a young woman’s figure.

I know people are confused but that’s because they’re trying to figure out what to say/not say about women. Instead, try figuring out if whatever comment you’d like to make is appropriate for a basketball player, period.
I think the bottom line is - if you are wondering if you should say it; then don't. There's not one person among us that has any control over our genetic body type. BBall conditioning is different.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Wow, Vic in his first year at Texas taking them to the elite 8. I think that is a great accomplishment for a team that has only made it this far twice since 1990. I wish I could have said the same thing about Kellie Harper and the Lady Vols

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom