#6 Texas vs #2 Maryland - 3/28/21 | Page 17 | The Boneyard

#6 Texas vs #2 Maryland - 3/28/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Just watched the Texas Maryland game. Texas playing Vic ball and I believe Texas will be lots tough than expected. Warren reminds me of Dom Dillingham, she is one tough basketball player!

I hope she's okay as she's taken a couple hits to the head this tournament. The announcers mentioned she has a history of concussions. How players respond varies. She looked okay at the end of the game but sometimes the after affects aren't experienced until well afterwards.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Toward the end of this game she was dragging herself up and down the court. How do y'all know she wouldn't be a better player if she took conditioning seriously? She's never tried it. In my life I've never seen a single player who wasn't better once they took diet and conditioning seriously. If you can please name one. I'll wait.
She was not hustling up and down the court in the fourth quarter. Expending energy running the court when your team is scoring a lot of points is different than expending energy being closely guarded and trying to get open and also trying to play tough defense. She looked worn out and befuddled that Maryland could not pull away from Texas like they did other teams.

Reaction Score
befuddled that Maryland could not pull away from Texas like they did other teams.
I think the whole team was shocked that they couldn't pull away from Texas and actually being down to them late in the 4th quarter. During their winning streak they were beating teams by and average of 29 ppg.

Reaction Score
Who is the ESPN guy saying Maryland will win (and beat UConn) all the way to NC couple days ago?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not saying she wouldn’t. I think Every basketball player would benefit from a good diet and conditioning. Dungee benefited a lot from it recently IMO. Although I don’t know what Owusu does and doesn’t do for that kind of stuff.

I was just saying she is pretty crafty and athletic for someone of her build.
Fair enough.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I think she is a little bigger than she was last season, but doesn't seem to hurt her any if she is.

I don't see any indication she's out of shape.
And I thought she was quicker last year, especially off the dribble.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Who is the ESPN guy saying Maryland will win (and beat UConn) all the way to NC couple days ago?
I don't know but Carolyn Peck has picked Baylor to win the National Championship.

JordyG

Reaction Score
And I thought she was quicker last year, especially off the dribble.
I also thought she moved her feet better last year with her on ball coverage.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I can't go back and check all 17 pages of this thread but I just wanted to take a second to Big Up Diamond Miller who has played great basketball all year long. Be careful Brenda that'S one you don't want to lose because she'll HAVE plenty of suitors.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I wonder if Brenda will review her nonconference cupcake habit . I suspect next season is already booked, but over running weak sisters does not prepare your team for bruising contests.

Reaction Score
This has already been pointed out earlier in this thread but Texas only played 6 players all game, and the 6th player - Ebo - scored all of 1 point. Is Texas short on depth for this tournament??

Reaction Score
I wonder if Brenda will review her nonconference cupcake habit . I suspect next season is already booked, but over running weak sisters does not prepare your team for bruising contests.
They played a four seed and a five seed in a preseason tournament and had games vs. South Carolina and UConn scrapped because of the pandemic uncertainty.

Reaction Score
I'm sure this has already been posted somewhere, but really, Brenda coach of the year? I think Vic is coach of the year. Why does this voting happen before the NCAA Tournament? Ridiculous.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’m not sure UConn fans should say that out loud. The Big East isn’t exactly murderer’s row

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I’m not sure UConn fans should say that out loud. The Big East isn’t exactly murderer’s row
UConn's OOC schedule is usually a lot stronger than Maryland's and a number of other teams. Rocky did reference Brenda's nonconference schedule.

Reaction Score
I'm sure this has already been posted somewhere, but really, Brenda coach of the year? I think Vic is coach of the year. Why does this voting happen before the NCAA Tournament? Ridiculous.
Before the tournament Brenda was COY. I am not going to retract that just because her players didn't hit their open shots or missed wide open fast break layups.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Superior conference is a stretch, but a competitive conference yes. Impression I've gotten from some posters is that the BIG10 teams weren't on the same level as other P5 conferences.

While only 1 team moved on to the Elite 8, they had 4 in the Sweet 16 which was more than any other conference I believe. One just knocked a #1 seed who won the ACC tournament. Rankings aside, their conference performed well in the tournament in my opinion.
My post with all those emogis was posted 'tongue in cheek' - Big10 definitely surprised us all with really solid tournament play and advancing 4 teams into the S16.
I was commenting on the fickleness of everyone's reactions to every change in play - yesterday up until tip offs Baylor and MD were considered to be the two best teams and that the committee should have seeded them as one seeds. Baylor goes to overtime against an ignored 6 seed and suddenly there is a bit of silence, then MD goes down against another 'ignored' 6 seed and everybody is reassessing what they thought thet knew from the first two rounds of the tournament. (And yeah, that overtime game was against one of those surprisingly good B10 teams.)

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
UConn's OOC schedule is usually a lot stronger than Maryland's and a number of other teams. Rocky did reference Brenda's nonconference schedule.
Exactly! Brenda has been feasting on cupcakes for years- This year for example her schedule included Coppin State, Mount Saint Mary's & Townson. In past years she has scheduled Maryland Eastern Shore- I didn't even know they were Division I. That would be the equivalent of UCONN scheduling: Central Connecticut State, Fairfield , Hartford & Sacred Heart. The selection committee has dinged MD for this in the past and it looks like they will need to do it again.

Reaction Score
Exactly! Brenda has been feasting on cupcakes for years- This year for example her schedule included Coppin State, Mount Saint Mary's & Townson. In past years she has scheduled Maryland Eastern Shore- I didn't even know they were Division I. That would be the equivalent of UCONN scheduling: Central Connecticut State, Fairfield , Hartford & Sacred Heart. The selection committee has dinged MD for this in the past and it looks like they will need to do it again.
OOC scheduling has been a problem in the past, but she’s made a point to schedule in-state schools, probably for financial/fan reasons.

And as was outlined above, they faced Arkansas and Missouri State earlier and would’ve faced UConn and South Carolina if not for the pandemic. Can’t blame her for that. They’re both on the schedule for next season.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I have no idea what MD's original OOC looked like this year, but a lot of teams were scrambling for any games to fill in and usually locally. I know MD's schedule has been weak, but Brenda has upgraded a bit I think. We shall see.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I was focusing on nonconference opponents and Geno tries to load that part of the schedule with measuring tests. The argument the cup cake eaters advance is their P5 schedule gives them all they need, but many if not most of their P5 participants are weak sisters. Football yes womens' basketball no.

Reaction Score
My post with all those emogis was posted 'tongue in cheek' - Big10 definitely surprised us all with really solid tournament play and advancing 4 teams into the S16.
I was commenting on the fickleness of everyone's reactions to every change in play - yesterday up until tip offs Baylor and MD were considered to be the two best teams and that the committee should have seeded them as one seeds. Baylor goes to overtime against an ignored 6 seed and suddenly there is a bit of silence, then MD goes down against another 'ignored' 6 seed and everybody is reassessing what they thought the knew from the first two rounds of the tournament. (And yeah, that overtime game was against one of those surprisingly good B10 teams.)
Gotcha and my apologies for not catching your drift.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom