• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
NCAA Tournament
Hemisfair Regional Semifinal
San Antonio, TX ~ 9:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN (Ryan Ruocco, Rebecca Lobo)

Video stream:
#6 Texas vs. #2 Maryland (Sweet 16) (NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament) | Watch ESPN (tvpli)

Audio:

Live stats:

Reaction Score
Vic is dangerous coaching in these types of games but I think Maryland runs away with it. I was 0-4 in my picks today though so who knows how it goes ?‍♂️
I'm just gonna chose the under dogs. If Vic can keep them from scoring 80-90 and keep them in that 60s range. Texas has a chance. But that's a huge reach

Reaction Score
I'm just gonna chose the under dogs. If Vic can keep them from scoring 80-90 and keep them in that 60s range. Texas has a chance. But that's a huge reach
Keep them in the 60’s?! :confused:

Their lowest output of the season was 62 pts in a win against Northwestern.

Second lowest output was 72 pts in a loss against Missouri St in the second game of the season.

Bibby had an off day in both of those contests.?

Over their last three games, Maryland is averaging 101 ppg.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am looking forward to Illusionist Charlie Collier and her now famous disappearing act when playing good teams. While Texas was awesome on the offense last year, that was a HUGE outlier of their play all season so it will be curious how
They look against the Terps.

Reaction Score
Keep them in the 60’s?! :confused:

Their lowest output of the season was 62 pts in a win against Northwestern.

Second lowest output was 72 pts in a loss against Missouri St in the second game of the season.

Bibby had an off day in both of those contests.?

Over their last three games, Maryland is averaging 101 ppg.
My last sentence said. It's a huge reach lol. Possibly not gonna happen

Reaction Score
Texas has a chance if they can force turnovers (against a good ball control team), shoot 3’s well (despite not being a great shooting team), and keep Collier out of foul trouble. If Ebo has to play big minutes, that’s trouble.

The chess match with Collier is interesting. Frese likes to switch on ball screens so you sometimes end up with Benzan on huge posts. But IDK if Texas has the shooters or the passers to stretch the defense if it collapses down low.

Reaction Score
Texas has a chance if they can force turnovers (against a good ball control team), shoot 3’s well (despite not being a great shooting team), and keep Collier out of foul trouble. If Ebo has to play big minutes, that’s trouble.

The chess match with Collier is interesting. Frese likes to switch on ball screens so you sometimes end up with Benzan on huge posts. But IDK if Texas has the shooters or the passers to stretch the defense if it collapses down low.
Collier should dominate the game individually at her size. But she went for 5 and 5 against UCLA, a team without a starter over 6’1”.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Please basketball gods, just let Texas and Vic give them their best game to date and make it really hard for them. Thank you.

Reaction Score
I'm interested to see how well Vic can defend Maryland today.

Would be a good read.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Shocked I am that 2 SEC fans want Vic to give Maryland a good game as Maryland looks infinitely better in this Tournament than SC.
Oh My God Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
SC looked really good against OSU and pretty good today. Maryland got Alabama on short rest.

Today's a good litmus test. Texas and Ga Tech are on pretty equal footing as opponents.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It's an interesting matchup. Unlike Alabama, Texas won't play zone defense against Maryland; it's man-to-man defense only.

Texas did a very good job holding Baylor way below its scoring average this season. Texas needs to dictate the pace of the game and not get into a track meet with Maryland.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Vic will pull out a matchup zone from time to time. He's often good for an upset, but I don't think he can pull this off today. Give him a few more years though. But I would never count Vic completely out.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Which Charli Collier will show up tonight?
We shall see.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I have a feeling Texas' gaudy 17.4% FG defense in the Tourney is going to not be as good by the end of this game... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
9-0 and a timeout. Maryland's on a mission once again. There goes Texas defense. Still early though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom