#6 Texas vs #2 Maryland - 3/28/21 | Page 18 | The Boneyard

#6 Texas vs #2 Maryland - 3/28/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Exactly! Brenda has been feasting on cupcakes for years- This year for example her schedule included Coppin State, Mount Saint Mary's & Townson. In past years she has scheduled Maryland Eastern Shore- I didn't even know they were Division I. That would be the equivalent of UCONN scheduling: Central Connecticut State, Fairfield , Hartford & Sacred Heart. The selection committee has dinged MD for this in the past and it looks like they will need to do it again.

I have no idea what MD's original OOC looked like this year, but a lot of teams were scrambling for any games to fill in and usually locally. I know MD's schedule has been weak, but Brenda has upgraded a bit I think. We shall see.

It should be noted that the BIG10 - ACC challenge for the women's side didn't happen this year which took away an opportunity for all of the BIG10 teams to face an out of conference opponent on their level. It's not entirely Maryland's fault this year due to COVID.

Reaction Score
Before the tournament Brenda was COY. I am not going to retract that just because her players didn't hit their open shots or missed wide open fast break layups.

Turned over her roster and didn't feel it. Losing to Vic Schaefer is no shame.

Reaction Score
Before the tournament Brenda was COY. I am not going to retract that just because her players didn't hit their open shots or missed wide open fast break layups.
I was really not trying to take away any recognition from the great job Brenda has done this year. I just don't understand why the player and coaching awards happen before the NCAA Tournament? What Vic has accomplished in such a short window is truly amazing.

Reaction Score
To the people saying Owusu is out of shape, she does have that “Dolly Parton” thing going for her, so I can understand why she might appear bigger then some people are used to seeing for a women’s basketball player.

Reaction Score
To the people saying Owusu is out of shape, she does have that “Dolly Parton” thing going for her, so I can understand why she might appear bigger then some people are used to seeing for a women’s basketball player.
She looks fit and healthy to me.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Littleton showed up in awful physical condition her freshman season, and then was injured in part for that reason. All she wanted to do was shoot, and not play defense. She got in better condition for her sophomore season, but still not good enough to reach her potential, IMO.
She's playing defense, now, for sure.

Reaction Score
Talking about conditioning isn’t the same as leering at a young woman’s figure.

I know people are confused but that’s because they’re trying to figure out what to say/not say about women. Instead, try figuring out if whatever comment you’d like to make is appropriate for a basketball player, period.
When you talk about someone's conditioning based on their looks and body type it absolutely is. I don't think that's a basketball thing either. It was the same thing with Rachel Garcia, the awesome ucla softball player.

Reaction Score
Didn't want to start a new thread.

Brenda Frese win AP coach of the year. Add this to the ESPN and the Athletic awards. Congrats.

Sad ending to an otherwise great season.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Didn't want to start a new thread.

Brenda Frese win AP coach of the year. Add this to the ESPN and the Athletic awards. Congrats.

Sad ending to an otherwise great season.
Wait, do not be afraid to start a new post, this note should not be buried in this thread. The COY award was well deserved and earned despite the rather spectacular fail at the end.

Also, I am happy to see no defections at this point. Brenda did do a great job this year and you should feel free to post it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom