#6 Texas vs #2 Maryland - 3/28/21 | Page 15 | The Boneyard

#6 Texas vs #2 Maryland - 3/28/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
She definitely is.... hopefully she doesn’t transfer but Maryland doesn’t have a great track record keeping top player these days
Totally agree. I’m also hoping she stays. She’s a great player. Going to be big for them next year, that would be a big blow for them.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
This was a terrific game, tonight. Dawn vs. Vic on Tuesday night; always worth the price of admission.

Reaction Score
Reese's brother is playing for the men's team next year so it's hard to see her leaving. But with Maryland you never know.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Yeah.... I couldn't even buy alcohol the last time she [Tara] won.
Close so many times. Some years Stanford had a great team but ran into a UConn or other team that was even better. Some years a key player got injured... Sigh. I have my fingers and toes crossed for this year!

Reaction Score
This was what I expected from Texas at the start of the season. I thought they were going to be a threat to Baylor and beat them at least once. They proceeded to make me eat my words, but now look. I can't take any credit for my early season prediction because they played too crappy for most of the season. They had talented players and I thought the coach would have them playing well earlier, but better late than never.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Tara at Stanford and Gunter/Chapman at LSU were trying out their Buffalo Bill's impressions in the 2000s - five FF in a row with no championship to show. LSU from 2004-2008 and Tara from 2008-12 - then Muffet horned in on the action and went 2011-15 with no championship. Muffet finally got back and won her second after two years of second weekend disappointments.

Reaction Score
Tara at Stanford and Gunter/Chapman at LSU were trying out their Buffalo Bill's impressions in the 2000s - five FF in a row with no championship to show. LSU from 2004-2008
I miss the days of LSU choking in 5 straight final fours. These days we are near a decade without an NCAAT win

I guess we have to wait it out one more year before we move on from Fargas.

Last edited:

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
I came by really late to read this thread. So this is hardly a timely observation, but I have to say this was a great game to watch!

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Reese's brother is playing for the men's team next year so it's hard to see her leaving. But with Maryland you never know.
Some rumors that Oklahoma could hire Maryland's men's coach, Mark Turgeon; I don't see it, though. Still, coaching changes often lead to transfers.

Reaction Score
Imagine how good she'd be if she were in real BB condition.

How do you know she’s not better at her size?
JordyG has posted repeatedly about Owusu not being in good shape. Never mind that she's the leader of offense that was literally about "all gas, no brakes."

Just because she has a unique body type doesn't mean you should take shots at her. You don't have to have blazing speed or a narrow waist to be in "real BB condition." Did Chelsea Gray make it to the WNBA in a "real BB condition"?

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
JordyG has posted repeatedly about Owusu not being in good shape. Never mind that she's the leader of offense that was literally about "all gas, no brakes."

Just because she has a unique body type doesn't mean you should take shots at her. You don't have to have blazing speed or a narrow waist to be in "real BB condition."
I hadn't seen her play before today. I assumed she was a post when I first saw her, then was amazed that she's actually a really good guard and moves very well. Appearances can be deceiving for sure!

Reaction Score
Looks can be deceiving... Owusu has always had that body type but she’s moves extremely well. Doesn’t appear to slow her down much from the games I have watched. She’s a tremendous player. I enjoy watching her and Diamond Miller.

Reaction Score
It’s just all around the definition of yikes

Someone else followed up and said there is a reason UConn players are not allowed to use twitter during the season. She’s definitely heated in the moment
Yeah I thought that too ... though I guess this wouldnt be against UConn rules since the season is over.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

This is...... not great

I told y'all when Reese signed with MD that I expected her to be there one year then bail. I thought it would be the classic "coach wanted to change my game" but this will do.

Reaction Score
I dont know how Reese faired on the defense end, but she was 0-6 with 2 TOs, so maybe she should be looking in the mirror if she wants to know the reason she didnt play more.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Looks can be deceiving... Owusu has always had that body type but she’s moves extremely well. Doesn’t appear to slow her down much from the games I have watched. She’s a tremendous player. I enjoy watching her and Diamond Miller.
Toward the end of this game she was dragging herself up and down the court. How do y'all know she wouldn't be a better player if she took conditioning seriously? She's never tried it. In my life I've never seen a single player who wasn't better once they took diet and conditioning seriously. If you can please name one. I'll wait.

Reaction Score
Toward the end of this game she was dragging herself up and down the court. How do y'all know she wouldn't be a better player if she took conditioning seriously? She's never tried it. In my life I've never seen a single player who wasn't better once they took diet and conditioning seriously. If you can please name one. I'll wait.
She's an All-American and an engineering major. And she didn't sit a minute during the second half. I think she knows what's good for her.

It's a ridiculously bad-faith argument to say that she doesn't take diet and exercise seriously because you think she doesn't fit the mold of what a PG should look like. Grow up.

Reaction Score
Not saying she wouldn’t. I think Every basketball player would benefit from a good diet and conditioning. Dungee benefited a lot from it recently IMO. Although I don’t know what Owusu does and doesn’t do for that kind of stuff.

I was just saying she is pretty crafty and athletic for someone of her build.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom