#6 Texas vs #2 Maryland - 3/28/21 | Page 14 | The Boneyard

#6 Texas vs #2 Maryland - 3/28/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I was work all day so I didn’t get to see the game! What the heck happened? Lol did not expect this outcome!

Reaction Score
Well it wasn't a reach after all. To my other 4 voters. Talk your ishhhh
For me, defense still wins championships. Few better at D than Vic's teams. He's a tremendous coach while Brenda is just very good. I thought UTA had a good chance to win this one. I don't take any advantage for SC from this game so I will be just as nervous watching the Gamecocks face the Longhorns as I would have the Terps. Dawn and Vic both know each other, hopefully Dawn continues the success she has over Vic. Would love to see Destiny Littleton have a very nice game off the bench - she was pretty miserable in Austin and thought Aston should be fired. I thank ABC/ESPN for giving SC an 8 hr rest advantage with their scheduling. :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is anyone noticing how Lobo is not pronouncing "t's" in some words? Words such as "important", she pronounces
"impor ant", and "potent she says "po ent". She sounds like a valley girl. Just saying.
That’s a New Britain accent. We lived in Avon while we were raising our kids, and I worked in New Britain part of that time. They didn’t talk like that in Avon, except the kids did - only when saying “New Bri-ian“. That’s just how it is.

Rebecca has spent a lot of time in Bristol (home of ESPN), which is so close to New Bri-ian it almost IS New Bri-ian“.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I really mean no offense especially to the Maryland fans (who I like) and I think it would have been a hell of a game with South Carolina, but where did the Maryland is awesome thing even come from?
It comes from people putting way too much stock in offense. Everybody sees a flashy offense and gets googly eyes.. then that flashy offense goes up against a halfway decent defense and is stifled.

I didn't pick Texas to win.. but am I surprised? No. Defense will keep you in the game more often than not.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Noticing a lot of people (specifically non-Gamecock fans) saying Texas has no shot against SC.

SC fans know better than to not underestimate a Vic Schaefer coached team.
Did you say that right or did you mean SC fans know better than to underestimate a Vic Schaefer coached team?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Impressive to hold MD to 32 but don’t think UT has enough to outscore then.
I didn't think so either. Somehow we "out-offensed" the Terps in the second half by 10 points!

Reaction Score
Anyone notice that Reese barely saw the court this game? She was 0-6 with a bunch of unproductive minutes. Meanwhile Vic only played 6 players.
The unspoken Collier effect. ;)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Did you say that right or did you mean SC fans know better than to underestimate a Vic Schaefer coached team?
Ha, yeah I corrected it.

SC fans know better than to underestimate Vic is what I meant to say.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Reminded me of when Louisville beat Baylor back in 2013.
I think Geno sent them a complimentary gift for knocking Baylor out of the bracket, clearing the way for UConn to win their first of four NC’s in a row. Baylor would have been a much tougher game than Louisville proved to be. I’m not sure UConn would have won. ?

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
During the game on Saturday night, Debie Antonelli was predicting Maryland would hang a hundred on Texas. When Mowens stated about Texas' defense, Antonelli backed down to at least 80 points. :cool:
Ha!! There goes her credibility.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Yes. I said defense in my original post.

edit--Texas is 4-9, so it's a wash
Final 3-point shooting:

Texas: 6-15 (40%)
Maryland: 5-22 (23%)

So, you were right; Texas did not hold them to our tournament average of 17.4% defense on 3-pointers . . .

Reaction Score
It comes from people putting way too much stock in offense. Everybody sees a flashy offense and gets googly eyes.. then that flashy offense goes up against a halfway decent defense and is stifled.

I didn't pick Texas to win.. but am I surprised? No. Defense will keep you in the game more often than not.

I thought Maryland would beat Texas something like 68-60, but definitely not shocking to me it went the other way.

That was a great game.

Huge respect for Vic who I think got every ounce out of what he had at Miss State.

No doubt he has the defense to where they can take Carolina down without too much issue.

It's the juiciest matchup we could have been given.

Reaction Score
It’s just all around the definition of yikes

Someone else followed up and said there is a reason UConn players are not allowed to use twitter during the season. She’s definitely heated in the moment
She definitely is.... hopefully she doesn’t transfer but Maryland doesn’t have a great track record keeping top player these days

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom