#6 Texas vs #2 Maryland - 3/28/21 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

#6 Texas vs #2 Maryland - 3/28/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Actually seemed like Md slowed the game down in 4th 1/4. Strange. How glad is SC to be the #1 in this bracket!
MD didn't slow the game down. Vic ran down the clock on every possession. Hard to run up and down the court when you're defending for 30 seconds and then taking the ball out of the basket.

Reaction Score
I get on her because she talks a good game and recruits because of it. But she hasn't won a championship since Walz left and her teams have step down instead of stepping up every time the lights get bright. That's bad coaching.
Well who has won a title since 2005? Geno, Kim, Pat, Muffett, Blair, Staley. That's it.

MD has made a bunch of final 4s, and some as the underdog.

JordyG

Reaction Score
McCray excuse makers have just ran out of ammo. LOL. They used to bash Vic losing to West Virginia, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech in an effort to absolve their coach's awful year. Now they're truly out of petroleum. lel.
When you go, you go hard.

Reaction Score
I get on her because she talks a good game and recruits because of it. But she hasn't won a championship since Walz left and her teams have step down instead of stepping up every time the lights get bright. That's bad coaching.
That’s fair. Her teams are mentally weak to me when the lights get bright and adversity hits.

I’d love to see what Maryland would look like if they could retain their star players. They seem to cope with it most years because Brenda is an ace recruiter

Reaction Score
I really mean no offense especially to the Maryland fans (who I like) and I think it would have been a hell of a game with South Carolina, but where did the Maryland is awesome thing even come from?
They were creaming everyone they played and hadn't lost since January. Then they got back Reese, who'd shown her stuff. Pretty silly question.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I stated this after the UCLA win, but Vic was saying a few weeks ago that he builds his team to peak in March. I believe it even more than I did the other night. We had to play our best game of the season tonight, and I think we did based on the quality of the opponent.
Especially considering they started down 9-0 too. They held Maryland to 51 points in the last 37 minutes...that's astounding. Maryland had one of the most prolific offenses of all time and Texas controlled pace of play and completely stifled them.

Reaction Score
Well it wasn't a reach after all. To my other 4 voters. Talk your ishhhh
I picked Texas not because I thought they were the better team talent wise but because of Vic and the way his team performs in the tournament. Also I never thought of Maryland as some invincible force. I posted in another thread that I thought SC could hold them down because we were more athletic than they were and teams do not shoot a high percentage from the 3 on SC. It is hard to shoot 3s at the clip they were shooting at for 6 games. In the tournament you have to have more than one way to beat teams because of matchups.

Reaction Score
That’s fair. Her teams are mentally weak to me when the lights get bright and adversity hits.

I’d love to see what Maryland would look like if they could retain their star players. They seem to cope with it most years because Brenda is an ace recruiter
I actually think this team may stick together. Well the stars at least.

Reaction Score
given that South Carolina has gotten this far, I have to agree with you.

But there is a limit to what even fate can do.
Good lord you act like SC is a doormat. If we win Tuesday stay off the bandwagon. i mean we’ve won 7 straight games of do or die basketball. I think we match up very well with Texas. We will be quicker for sure and Vic and Dawn know each other like a glove.

JordyG

Reaction Score

Anyone notice that Reese barely saw the court this game? She was 0-6 with a bunch of unproductive minutes. Meanwhile Vic only played 6 players.

Reaction Score
Now I do think SC will beat Texas. But I don't think it'll be easy.... That game gonna be similar to this one but the score being switched.
I feel the same way. The reason being is because they both focus on defense. They both don’t really have an offense. They both don’t really have 3 point shooters. It’s gonna be close, but SC just has more talent and can figure out ways to make things happen. Collier running around the high post and 3 point line won’t work against SC

Reaction Score
Well who has won a title since 2005? Geno, Kim, Pat, Muffett, Blair, Staley. That's it.

MD has made a bunch of final 4s, and some as the underdog.
Pretty wild how Tara hasn’t won a Natty since 1992

oof I didn’t realize it was that long

Reaction Score
I picked Texas not because I thought they were the better team talent wise but because of Shafer and the way his team performs in the tournament. Also I never thought of Maryland as some invincible force. I posted in another thread that I thought SC could hold them down because we were more athletic than they were and teams do not shoot a high percentage from the 3 on SC. It is hard to shoot 3s at the clip they were shooting at for 6 games. In the tournament you have to have more than one way to beat teams because of matchups.
Those are facts.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
A lot of talk from the TV analysts about Maryland having 4-5 players averaging double-figure scoring. Tonight, Texas had 4 players in double-digits; Maryland had only three. Holding Benzan to 6 points on only 2 made 3-pointers was huge; Kyra Lambert did a great job defending her, especially in the second half.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Good lord you act like SC is a doormat. If we win Tuesday stay off the bandwagon. i mean we’ve won 7 straight games of do or die basketball. I think we match up very well with Texas. We will be quicker for sure and Vic and Dawn know each other like a glove.
Seriously? That's a South Carolina fan mocking everybody who is doubting South Carolina. I thought that was blatantly obvious, but apparently not.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I actually think this team may stick together. Well the stars at least.
Agreed. Miller/Reese seem to really enjoy playing out there and Owusu is playing close to home and is the star of the team. Benzan/Bibby are in grad school, Collins already transferred once and it's rare that juniors leave unless they grad transfer.

Reaction Score
McCray excuse makers have just ran out of ammo. LOL. They used to bash Vic losing to West Virginia, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech in an effort to absolve their coach's awful year. Now they're truly out of petroleum. lel.
What Vic is doing at Texas and McCray is doing at MSU year one says all that needs to be said

McCray comes off as a cry baby when her post season press conference is blaming COVID for all their issues. She took a top 25 roster, finished 9th in the conference behind a trash LSU team and didn’t make the NCAAT. She will be out of a job in a couple years if she doesn’t right the ship

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Really tough games for Reese and Owusu. I was surprised. And I love Celeste Taylor. Finally, on top of her game and fought tooth and nail like everyone wearing burnt orange.

Reaction Score
A lot of talk from the TV analysts about Maryland having 4-5 players averaging double-figure scoring. Tonight, Texas had 4 players in double-digits; Maryland had only three. Holding Benzan to 6 points on only 2 made 3-pointers was huge; Kyra Lambert did a great job defending her, especially in the second half.
Most of Benzan's missed jumpers were open. But they did a good job on Owusu and stopping the pick and roll game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom