Maybe top 10 though. I'd say it's on par with or a bit ahead of:
2016 Syracuse over South Carolina
2018 Oregon State over Baylor
2018 Notre Dame over UCONN
2011 A&M over Baylor
2011 Notre Dame over UCONN

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm shocked!!! :eek: I had this one completely wrong. I thought Maryland would run Texas out of the arena. Congratulations to Texas, Vic Schaefer and his team. Charli Collier showed up tonight. 16/11. Texas vs South Carolina on Tuesday. Now let's go to SportsCenter.
Actually seemed like Md slowed the game down in 4th 1/4. Strange. How glad is SC to be the #1 in this bracket!

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I don’t think Brenda is a bad coach even though we all love to take jabs at her but her teams on the biggest collapse under pressure. Just not mentally tough to push forward through adversity at times.
I think Brenda aged 10 years during tonight's game!

Reaction Score
If SCs guards aren’t knocking down outside shots, it’s a recipe for a potential upset
Maryland didn't hit their outside shots and many were open. Benzan 2-7 and Bibby 2-7. Benzan had 9 three pointers in a game. (I believe 9-10. But the better team won tonight.

Reaction Score
There are only a few NCAA tournament games I can recall being absolutely shocked by
  • Harvard over Stanford
  • Louisville over Baylor
  • this one

Maybe a few others I'm forgetting (non-UConn), but not a lot.
I get where you are coming from. Texas actually had many talented kids when Vic came in (Aston recruited well) but he did a great job getting them to buy into his system. They are tough and gritty like all of Vics teams at MSU were

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
You could just about make a top 5 upsets list...w/ Maryland losses. :rolleyes: Washington and Oregon taking them out were fairly shocking, UCLA too.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I still don't get why everyone was saying the Big10 proved themselves a superior conference! All hot air, and mirrors. Way over seeded if they can't even beat TX - I knew AZ deserved to be a two seed!

:eek: :confused::cool:?

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
The Texas Longhorns are not from Oregon. After a low scoring first half they didn't mail in the final 20.
They came. They Played. They D'd up The Turtle.

Hook 'em Horns!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don’t think Brenda is a bad coach even though we all love to take jabs at her but her teams on the biggest collapse under pressure. Just not mentally tough to push forward through adversity at times.
I get on her because she talks a good game and recruits because of it. But she hasn't won a championship since Walz left and her teams have step down instead of stepping up every time the lights get bright. That's bad coaching.

Reaction Score
I still don't get why everyone was saying the Big10 proved themselves a superior conference! All hot air, and mirrors. Way over seeded if they can't even beat TX - I knew AZ deserved to be a two seed!

:eek: :confused::cool:?
I mean the big 10 isn’t bad to be honest. There are good teams in it.

SEC is still the most disappointing conference by far

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I stated this after the UCLA win, but Vic was saying a few weeks ago that he builds his team to peak in March. I believe it even more than I did the other night. We had to play our best game of the season tonight, and I think we did based on the quality of the opponent.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
One reason I wanted Texas to win is that Frese had a cocky answer when asked about Maryland. She said, "tell them we'll be ready"! It was the way she said it. I believe she just knew this team was unbeatable. Maybe I'm wrong like I was wrong about who would win this game.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Coach Vic Schaefer did an Irish Jig after the W.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Always always a good day when Maryland loses in the Tournament.

Nah but by far the biggest upset of the tournament. 5 bigger upsets IMO are:
2017 Mississippi State over UCONN
2013 Louisville over Baylor
1999 Duke over Tennessee
2007 Rutgers over Duke
2016 Stanford over Notre Dame

Come on man.... this was a great thread.. a great night... and you are trying to mess it up for me. :oops:

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
McCray excuse makers have just ran out of ammo. LOL. They used to bash Vic losing to West Virginia, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech in an effort to absolve their coach's awful year. Now they're truly out of petroleum. lel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom