5 of 20 for 24 Passing Yards - Says It All. What Say You? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

5 of 20 for 24 Passing Yards - Says It All. What Say You?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Broadcasters during Michigan game questioned UConn's future D1 football program. They said UConn is a premier bb program.
I picked up on the ignorance and lack of home work by Wischusen. Someone send him a video of the recently $1M upgraded practice locker room or the practice facility that is on par with just about any top 25 facility. If he did his homework, he would not have said that.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Every WR gets open at some point, QB has to see them. A Turner looks pretty good, our backs can catch. Yeah, we are playing a walkon ,but we've done that in the past and done better than this. They dropped 3 sure passes. Catching those would not have changed the verdict on ZT.

Be oblivious on that point if you want. Everyone here has factored in his inexperience and the injuries. If he were any good he'd be helping mask those things.
Marion and or Ross would have given Zion 1 or 2 guys that proved in games at this level that they could put up numbers and beat defenders 1on1.

ZT may not be good but this receiving crew as currently constituted is going to have DBs playing them at the sticks all year. No one has shown themselves to be a threat.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
2 years alot can happen. This coming season, athletes on campus, by next spring recruits can opt out, get injured, coaches fired or leave.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. I wish I wasn’t. What a pathetic, embarrassing effort on offense. For the first time as a UConn football fan, I wish I wasn’t. I was at Clemson last year and thought that was a low. No, this was.

I know all of the playmakers are hurt. I get it. But to put up a goose egg there should be zero excuses. Charlton should be ashamed of himself with his play calling. Not giving another QB a choice at halftime is inexcusable. There better be some accountability soon because this ain’t it.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. I wish I wasn’t. What a pathetic, embarrassing effort on offense. For the first time as a UConn football fan, I wish I wasn’t. I was at Clemson last year and thought that was a low. No, this was.

I know all of the playmakers are hurt. I get it. But to put up a goose egg there should be zero excuses. Charlton should be ashamed of himself with his play calling. Not giving another QB a choice at halftime is inexcusable. There better be some accountability soon because this ain’t it.
Like I said he got “handed keys” and why I don’t know. They should be roatating with Millen who has some college snaps. And great observation on similarities with Tim Boyle -this is not good for Zions development IMO

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And what have they done yet? And they came to UConn because of the NBE? Listed here as the 75th best.

2022 Recruit Basketball Team Rankings 75th here

Just an FYI:
B682E836-55C0-4DEC-8847-FF643CDD7680.jpeg

Nonetheless, you are quite correct that they haven’t done anything yet at the collegiate level. To be honest, I don’t expect them to for over a year.

Reaction Score
It is a fine line, and a difficult one, but I remember talking with Skip Holtz one time about upgrading. He said the way to do it was to schedule MAC and Service Academy teams for a few years, then mix in 1-2 Big East teams. You aren’t winning those games initially, but they are the measuring stick. Then after 3 years, you play all Big East, and then ideally, lower level ACC and B 10, SEC, and B12 teams But keep 2 MAC-type programs on the schedule so you get wins.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Wrong. No one is proposing we curl into the fetal position. I want an upgrade. Independence is the bottom of the barrel, especially with the new playoff landscape, upgrade to a G5 conference for football. Any G5 conference I don't care. Look at what Liberty and Western Kentucky did yesterday. Ideally the MAC would be a great fit.

Stop this delusional nonsense that playing more P5 games brings us closer to being a P5 team.

Everything about this post is wrong, from your view of the value of G5 football to your support for the Mets.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Calm down.

Zion has talent and potential, but he has a number of unexpected challenges to overcome:
  • He's a true freshman
  • He did not expect to be QB1
  • His best targets are injured
  • His current targets lack the speed, strength, and/or experience to play against P5 DBs
  • His O-line was smaller, weaker, and less athletic than the P5 D-lines they've face
  • The nation's leading rusher till that game got injured, leaving a freshman to carry the rock
Couple the unexpected challenges with the known challenges:
  • Two tragically terrible coaching regimes after one simply terrible coaching regime.
  • G5 recruits for years
  • Missing an entire season of play
We knew Michigan was going to knock our teeth out. Learn and prepare for NC State. We will be better against them.

Reaction Score
Just an FYI:
View attachment 79146
Nonetheless, you are quite correct that they haven’t done anything yet at the collegiate level. To be honest, I don’t expect them to for over a year.
Basketball recruiting ranking is petty meaningless, if you are honest. You bring in 3-4 guys, one good one can move you way up or way down. And lots of guys with big reps never come close to being great college players, while pretty good AAU guys end up better in college. There are maybe a handful of can’t miss kids. Look at Booknight. He wasn’t considered can’t miss blue chipper by any of the recruiting services. Wasn’t really recruited by what you would call elite programs. He was considered a good player coming out of AAU, not an elite one. Is the kid from Bristol going to be another Kareem or another Justin Brown? I think he is a project, but not sure how much of a project. And sometimes just numbers can move you way up or way down.

I did not expect us to be great this year. I hoped we would be better. But it is pretty clear that neither the quarterback, nor the play caller are ready for prime time. Syracuse was a better team, but we didn’t show anything in the passing game. A 25 yard run after a 2 yard catch made the passing stats look better than they really were. Central wasn’t but again, a 2 yard throw with a 50 yard run after by Turner covered Up a horrible passing game. Yesterday there were no big yac playes. And we saw what the passing game really was.

Reaction Score
He threw a terrible swing pass to a covered receiver for an incompletion, when right behind that receiver on the sideline was a completely uncovered Clercius.

The game is just moving so fast for him now that he isn’t recognizing these open players.

The staff is also dumbing down the offense for him to make it easier for him. Which makes it easy for defenses.
That’s true. Easy to see on TV. People make mistakes but there were a lot of unforced errors by UConn.

Reaction Score
Wrong. No one is proposing we curl into the fetal position. I want an upgrade. Independence is the bottom of the barrel, especially with the new playoff landscape, upgrade to a G5 conference for football. Any G5 conference I don't care. Look at what Liberty and Western Kentucky did yesterday. Ideally the MAC would be a great fit.

Stop this delusional nonsense that playing more P5 games brings us closer to being a P5 team.
I’d expect let’s play easier teams from a Mets guy. :)

Reaction Score
Get real. There’s always an excuse. It always a key injury or youth or something else. The game isn’t that hard. Any FCS team would have found more yards in the air than the crap show we saw. There is no acceptable excuse for 24 yards.
You're a special kind of....am I allowed to say stupid, without getting in trouble?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom