5 of 20 for 24 Passing Yards - Says It All. What Say You? | The Boneyard

5 of 20 for 24 Passing Yards - Says It All. What Say You?

Reaction Score
24 total yards passing. That is pathetic. The second half was garbage time and all they could muster was 24 yards. It portends trouble if we think we can pick up a few wins against so called "beatable" teams. If you can't move the ball through the air in college football you are toast. We have no offense nor plan to move the ball in the air. 86 yards in the running game is not exactly a ground and pound offense to be feared. Yes it was against Michigan but their is no reason to be optimistic about an offense that can help win games. The highest passing yardage in a game is 172. Means no team is going to respect the pass and will stack the box. Need to start airing it out and stretching the field or we are looking at 2-10 at best.

Reaction Score
I know this thread will be negatively received but you can’t argue with this summary. We were playing backups for most of second half and the inability to complete a pass - even a check-down was a bit embarrassing.

I haven’t seen one thing from Zion this season where I thought “this is our quarterback of the future.” Even as a true frosh, you expect to see some type of glimpse of the future at some point in the game.

I think much like Randy Edsall made a mistake of handing the keys to Jack Z, we’ve seen this movie before.

This is not an anti Zion post only the acknowledgement that when you see 24 yards passing, and a number of easy passes missing the mark, that it’s time to make a change for the time being.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
24 total yards passing. That is pathetic. The second half was garbage time and all they could muster was 24 yards. It portends trouble if we think we can pick up a few wins against so called "beatable" teams. If you can't move the ball through the air in college football you are toast. We have no offense nor plan to move the ball in the air. 86 yards in the running game is not exactly a ground and pound offense to be feared. Yes it was against Michigan but their is no reason to be optimistic about an offense that can help win games. The highest passing yardage in a game is 172. Means no team is going to respect the pass and will stack the box. Need to start airing it out and stretching the field or we are looking at 2-10 at best.
Save it. Freshman backup QB with no starting WR's. Against Michigan.
Your post "portends" you were expecting a different outcome. Airing it out? SMH

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I know this thread will be negatively received but you can’t argue with this summary. We were playing backups for most of second half and the inability to complete a pass - even a check-down was a bit embarrassing.

I haven’t seen one thing from Zion this season where I thought “this is our quarterback of the future.” Even as a true frosh, you expect to see some type of glimpse of the future at some point in the game.

I think much like Randy Edsall made a mistake of handing the keys to Jack Z, we’ve seen this movie before.

This is not an anti Zion post only the acknowledgement that when you see 24 yards passing, and a number of easy passes missing the mark, that it’s time to make a change for the time being.
TO WHOM???? Can you throw the rock? It is what it is for now. If you can't watch, just don't. It's painful, but there aren't currently options.

And, P.S., if you're demanding a quarterback change, then it's an anti-Zion rant. Own it.

Reaction Score
Indeed, the passing attack is a joke. No execution, no idea of how to coach it. One place they could start to maybe, possibly, see a glimour of improvement would be in the center of the field. Turner does not have the accuracy, and maybe not the arm strength to complete sideline passes with tight coverage. He doesn't. Please, for the love of God, throw to the center of the field (that thing about shortest distance between two points). Throw short across the middle, throw intermediate passes and some long throw. The sidelines are not working, for whatever reason.

Reaction Score
They didn’t hand the keys to Zion, the starter got hurt.

He looks awful so far but so do the receivers. And for the most part when they’ve tried to go more vertical the protection hasn’t helped either. It’s everything

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

He looks awful so far but so do the receivers. And for the most part when they’ve tried to go more vertical the protection hasn’t helped either. It’s everything
But it’s time to play Millen. Past time. He has much more experience.

Reaction Score
There wasn't much to cheer about, but it was fun to see the Huskies play in that environment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220917-181132_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220917-181132_Photos.jpg
    872.9 KB · Views: 149
Reaction Score
Pretty simple. when you are ranked around 3 playing number 122, have bigger stronger faster players with more talent at every position you are going to win big every single time. Zion is not the problem. Even their 3 string players are better than most of the starters at Uconn. Anyone who expected ths to be competitive is pipe dreaming.

Reaction Score
I’ve said since Utah Statr that to my eyes Zion doesn’t look like an FBS quarterback. I don’t much care what he did in high school. This ain’t high school. He doesn’t have arm strength, he isn’t all that quick. Hi isn’t elusive. He isn’t accurate and he doesn’t make quick decisions. I’ve seen true freshmen play at this level. They often are not that good, but they have all been superior to this kid. Injuries hurt of course. But seriously, we need to be on the lookout for a transfer. Desperately.

Look, this game was a mismatch. No way we were winning but it tells a lot when your coach doesn’t call for any passes.

Reaction Score

His scrambling doesn't impress me and he needs to work on his touch on short passes but I think he actually throws a really nice deep ball from what I've seen. The ball looks tight and in the spots receivers should be able to get them but these aren't D1 level wide outs playing. He can't be judged when there's zero space for him to throw to down the field. If your receivers get zero separation even Aaron Rodgers is going to have an incredibly hard time completing those passes.

Reaction Score

If the QB had a D1 line and WR's the post might hold water. Otherwise guessing someone turned on the game thinking our boys had a chance-1st clue, Mich favored by 47.5.

Reaction Score

One more time.

He’s the only healthy QB. You’re not saying anything profound and all of this obvious to all.

Reaction Score

I am actually in Ann Arbor for the game. Looking at it live Zion made some excellent throws that were flat out dropped. Also our receivers just couldn’t get open.i think mora has to work the young players in asap

Reaction Score
Whatever, move on. They were a much better team but the mistakes in the first half were crazy. Live and learn. People saw PT that hadn’t seen much before. Puma is the best QB on this team maybe he’ll be ready games later where they have a chance.

Reaction Score
I am actually in Ann Arbor for the game. Looking at it live Zion made some excellent throws that were flat out dropped. Also our receivers just couldn’t get open.i think mora has to work the young players in asap
Fans saying Zion doesn't have arm strength are talking out of their butt. If anything he puts too much mustard on his short/intermediate passes for his targets to catch. He's put it right on their hands/chest several times and they just can't catch it and he throws a really nice deep ball but nobody ever gets open for him.

He needs to work on a lot of things but the "no arm strength" thing is totally made up. I've seen this kid in high school throw it on the run partly across his body off his back foot 60 yards downfield.

Reaction Score
Fans saying Zion doesn't have arm strength are talking out of their butt. If anything he puts too much mustard on his short/intermediate passes for his targets to catch. He's put it right on their hands/chest several times and they just can't catch it and he throws a really nice deep ball but nobody ever gets open for him.

He needs to work on a lot of things but the "no arm strength" thing is totally made up. I've seen this kid in high school throw it on the run partly across his body off his back foot 60 yards downfield.
Our WRs get zero separation. Literally none. With Ross and Marion maybe.

Reaction Score
TO WHOM???? Can you throw the rock? It is what it is for now. If you can't watch, just don't. It's painful, but there aren't currently options.

And, P.S., if you're demanding a quarterback change, then it's an anti-Zion rant. Own it.
Was there a point here? Swing and miss

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
I’m probably on the puma train but in Zion’s defense there were a few drops today

Reaction Score

Ummm the passes aren’t exactly hitting receivers in the numbers….

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom