5 of 20 for 24 Passing Yards - Says It All. What Say You? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

5 of 20 for 24 Passing Yards - Says It All. What Say You?

Reaction Score
I keep hearing that Millen isn't healthy but if that is true I sure wouldn't put him in at wildcat QB plays.
If his shoulder isn't 100% for throwing but not reinjury issue, then put him in for few series with actual offensive attempts (rather than run/short pass/run) and see what he can do. At least he should be able to see over linemen for passing over the middle and not get passes blocked like ZT had earlier in the season.

Reaction Score
We should have been more competitive with a 17MM budget. P wasted the most football talent of any UConn coach in the last 50 years Diaco and RE2 wasted any talent P brought in. The budget should allow for bowl eligibility with a balanced schedule. Moving to MAC or CUSA will mean looking at funding at MAC and CUSA football budgets too. I'd rather give Mora his shot

Reaction Score
You're right we shouldn't judge on one game. How about 4 games?
What are you judging. This was a payday against a team superior at every position. There are walk ons at Mich who could probably start for us. Nothing I saw even remotely surprised me. Not one thing.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nope, you are not paying close enough attention. After we announced we were leaving the AAC the MAC commissioner was asked about UCONN football joining the MAC in an interview and he did not say no. Last year CUSA called and asked us to join.

ESPN controls the MAC, don't you work at ESPN? You think your company might want to sell more of it's ESPN + subscriptions?
The MAC and Conference USA immediately became potential new homes for UConn football. But according to Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports, those conferences are not immediately interested in adding what would be a football-only member.

Reaction Score
I see improvement with this team and believe they are capable of winning some games later in the season. It took Golden multiple seasons to get to 500 and won 1 game first season.

Who are we going to beat? Which is the next game in which we will be favored? Maybe UMass, but maybe not.

Reaction Score
They may not be favored but they can win some games. I don’t say it with high confidence and it is up to them.

Reaction Score
You're a special kind of....am I allowed to say stupid, without getting in trouble?
You are a clown that probably never played the game beyond pee wee football, if that, is my guess. If think throwing for 24 yards is acceptable, you might want to find a sport you understand.

Reaction Score
Central was more enjoyable to watch than playing Michigan, nothing else needs to be said. The Boneyard was dead all last week leading up to the game.

No one is suggesting we drop down to FCS, I want an upgrade to a G5 conference.

Impressive strawman though!
How many people showed up to games when we were in a G5? The rent was probably 70% empty during the AAC yrs

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
UConn is not doing anyone any favor scheduling teams like UMichigan which only causes its players and fans to be embarrassed on national television.

The UConn schedule should only include teams from C-USA, sub Belt, MAC and like lower competition play.
naame.
They have to play these games as an Independent and the guaranteed $1.8 million dollars for playing the game.

Till they get into a conference this is what they have to do

Reaction Score
Not really he can't get playing time at his new school either.
It's not what he is on Georgia State. It is what would be his position on a list of quarterbacks with:

1 starter out for the season
2 true freshman having problems connecting wit receivers
3 two other backups nursing injuries.

trust me. I don't confuse Steven Krajewski with Dan Marino

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This appears to be the default reaction to avoid the question on Turner.

No one expected us to be competitive with the number of injuries we had - not one person on this board. But yesterday there wasn’t even a trip to the red zone.

Now let’s talk about the most important position on the field - QB.

24 yards and last week not attempting a pas over 2o yards. Should we experiment with new QB next week - that is the question.
Again no

You seem to miss many facts that his receivers need to get open and catch the ball. Yes he has issues but he was thrown into the fire when he was expected to be a backup learning the system

Reaction Score
So here's a question for you. Based on what we've seen so far from Zion, would you consider putting in Puma next week if he were healthy? If no, then never mind. But if yes, then someone from the media ought to be doing their job. I was told last night from a seemingly knowledgable source that Puma has fully recovered and is ready to play-- but the coaches won't put him in. I'm certainly in no position to confirm, but questions should be asked.

Reaction Score
You are a clown that probably never played the game beyond pee wee football, if that, is my guess. If think throwing for 24 yards is acceptable, you might want to find a sport you understand.
I ask a simple question, and it was graciously answered by another poster and you start assuming that you know anything about me. Try not beating a dead horse, concerning yesterday's poor performance. We get it! Contrary to what you believe, most of us get your whiney point in your initial comment. No need to go on and on incessantly.

Reaction Score
So here's a question for you. Based on what we've seen so far from Zion, would you consider putting in Puma next week if he were healthy? If no, then never mind. But if yes, then someone from the media ought to be doing their job. I was told last night from a seemingly knowledgable source that Puma has fully recovered and is ready to play-- but the coaches won't put him in. I'm certainly in no position to confirm, but questions should be asked.
If he is healthy, absolutely he should get some action. He showed ability to move the offense last year when we saw him. Does he have strongest arm? Didn't seem like it, but again he moved the team. We had difficulty getting past midfield.

Reaction Score
If he is healthy, absolutely he should get some action. He showed ability to move the offense last year when we saw him. Does he have strongest arm? Didn't seem like it, but again he moved the team. We had difficulty getting past midfield.

The last time our offense was fun to watch was when he played. And our line is so much better this season.

He must not be ready to go because I have a hard time believing he wouldn’t look better than Cale and Zion.

Maybe Mora is conserving him for when we get to some more manageable games in the second half of the season.

Or maybe I am creating outlandish fantasies to keep myself interested.

Reaction Score
The MAC and Conference USA immediately became potential new homes for UConn football. But according to Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports, those conferences are not immediately interested in adding what would be a football-only member.

That’s dated. When CUSA fell apart last year their crazy commissioner was begging Benedict to join. It was leaked to the press and AD Dave had to be diplomatic about it.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I ask a simple question, and it was graciously answered by another poster and you start assuming that you know anything about me. Try not beating a dead horse, concerning yesterday's poor performance. We get it! Contrary to what you believe, most of us get your whiney point in your initial comment. No need to go on and on incessantly.
I didn't know you had to play beyond PeeWee FB to understand the game.

Reaction Score
24 total yards passing. That is pathetic. The second half was garbage time and all they could muster was 24 yards. It portends trouble if we think we can pick up a few wins against so called "beatable" teams. If you can't move the ball through the air in college football you are toast. We have no offense nor plan to move the ball in the air. 86 yards in the running game is not exactly a ground and pound offense to be feared. Yes it was against Michigan but their is no reason to be optimistic about an offense that can help win games. The highest passing yardage in a game is 172. Means no team is going to respect the pass and will stack the box. Need to start airing it out and stretching the field or we are looking at 2-10 at best.
What could anyone expect. Michigan is simply something better it was just stupid to play them.. Sure it is a pay day but it is like a 2nd grader fighting the heavy weight champ. I just hoped Noone got crippled or killed

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Dennis Dodd is not a fan of UConn and never has been,

I still think when this all shakes out that UConn ends up in the ACC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom