5 of 20 for 24 Passing Yards - Says It All. What Say You? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

5 of 20 for 24 Passing Yards - Says It All. What Say You?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Indeed, the passing attack is a joke. No execution, no idea of how to coach it. One place they could start to maybe, possibly, see a glimour of improvement would be in the center of the field. Turner does not have the accuracy, and maybe not the arm strength to complete sideline passes with tight coverage. He doesn't. Please, for the love of God, throw to the center of the field (that thing about shortest distance between two points). Throw short across the middle, throw intermediate passes and some long throw. The sidelines are not working, for whatever reason.

Your obsession with the passing game is really unhealthy. I don't even disagree, but its creepy how its the only thing you've ever posted about.

"Well its always bad" yeah so is a lot of stuff but you only talk about the passing game, its weird!

Reaction Score
The schedule this year is what it should be.

- playing ONE game a year at a powerhouse that we have no chance against makes us a lot of money, and also gives fans the chance to travel to some great venues

-1 fcs game, ideally against a local school

The remainder of the schedule should be split between:

-we should be setting up home and homes with regional p5 teams like cuse, bc, Rutgers, as well as other mid tier p5 teams. If mora is the guy eventually we should be able to at least be competitive with them. This year we are not ready to be but schedules get made in advance

- and then we should have several games against g5 teams that we can and in some cases should beat

Reaction Score
Do you want basketball to join the MAC? Unless you do, UConn is not playing football in the MAC.
Do you want basketball to join the Sun Belt? Unless you do, UConn is not playing football in the Sun Belt.
Do you want basketball to join CUSA? Unless you do, UConn is not playing football in CUSA.

Nope, you are not paying close enough attention. After we announced we were leaving the AAC the MAC commissioner was asked about UCONN football joining the MAC in an interview and he did not say no. Last year CUSA called and asked us to join.

ESPN controls the MAC, don't you work at ESPN? You think your company might want to sell more of it's ESPN + subscriptions?

Reaction Score
This appears to be the default reaction to avoid the question on Turner.

No one expected us to be competitive with the number of injuries we had - not one person on this board. But yesterday there wasn’t even a trip to the red zone.

Now let’s talk about the most important position on the field - QB.

24 yards and last week not attempting a pas over 2o yards. Should we experiment with new QB next week - that is the question.
He may not be the guy. I'm not in favor of throwing true a freshman out on the field with a below average supporting cast. People that follow UConn should know from Tim Boyle that is a situation that could do more harm than good for a player's development. I'm afraid here the coaches were forced to do this due to a lack of options. QB1 down a few plays into game 1. Millen and Puma not healthy. The kid has not been good but should not be out there.

zls44

Reaction Score
Nope, you are not paying close enough attention. After we announced we were leaving the AAC the MAC commissioner was asked about UCONN football joining the MAC in an interview and he did not say no. Last year CUSA called and asked us to join.

ESPN controls the MAC, don't you work at ESPN? You think your company might want to sell more of it's ESPN + subscriptions?
1. The MAC doesn't want associate members. They've said it repeatedly.
2. Has it occurred to you that my work background is exactly why I know this fact (UConn football is not selling a single E+ subscription, not with Hockey East now onboard)

Reaction Score
The MAC doesn't want associate members. They've said it repeatedly.

Right, and conferences are never expanding until they announce they are expanding. What gets said in public and what happens behind the scenes are not always the same thing. I know I saw the MAC commissioner get asked about UCONN the month after we announced we were leaving the AAC and he gave vague non-committal answer.

zls44

Reaction Score
Right, and conferences are never expanding until they announce they are expanding. What gets said in public and what happens behind the scenes are not always the same thing. I know I saw the MAC commissioner get asked about UCONN the month after we announced we were leaving the AAC and he gave vague non-committal answer.

Here's how that conversation goes

"We would like to join you for football"
"Excellent. You have to be an all-sports member, we would love to have UConn basketball help elevate the MAC... hello?"
dial tone

You have to give something to get something.

Reaction Score
This is who we have on our schedule the rest of this season:

at N.C. State (ACC)
FRESNO ST. (MWC)
at FIU (CUSA)
at Ball State (MAC)
~ bye week ~
BOSTON COLLEGE (ACC)
UMASS (Ind)
LIBERTY (Ind)
at Army (Ind)

This is who we have on our schedule next season:

N.C. STATE (ACC)
at Georgia St. (Sun Belt)
FIU (CUSA)
DUKE (ACC)
UTAH ST. (MWC)
at Rice (CUSA)
USF (AAC)
at Boston College (ACC)
at Tennessee (SEC)
at James Madison (Sun Belt)
SACRED HEART** (FCS)
at UMass (Ind)

It's still very rare that we face schools on the level of Michigan. We had the additional bad luck of having way too many skill players injured so to say we were in ridiculously far over our heads is the understatement of the year. Michigan played what - 7 qbs who all had at least 1 reception? We have one healthy QB on our roster. Overall they have 50 more players on their roster that us. Personnel-wise & talent-wise we're not even in the same stratosphere.

There's nothing wrong with our current indy schedule. At season's start with a healthy roster, several of these games looked to be competitive if not winnable. These are very manageable schedules IF Mora keeps working the transfer portal and getting better players in here.

Reaction Score
Here's how that conversation goes

"We would like to join you for football"
"Excellent. You have to be an all-sports member, we would love to have UConn basketball help elevate the MAC...hello?"
dial tone

You have to give something to get something.

The MAC would be more of an ESPN decision than a MAC commissioner decision.

Reaction Score
Get lost with your silly nonsense. The idea is to play teams that have the same football finances as we do so the playing field is level, hopefully we can then gain some traction and turn this thing around like Temple did under Golden when they dropped down to the MAC.

You would rather we constantly try to run this football marathon uphill. It isn't working and its never going to work, and newsflash the fans DON'T like it. We have played two games this year that were enjoyable to watch and neither were against P5 opponents.
You enjoy watching UConn play Central?

I would rather get rid of the program than drop down to FCS.

Reaction Score
Broadcasters during Michigan game questioned UConn's future D1 football program. They said UConn is a premier bb program.

Reaction Score
You enjoy watching UConn play Central?

I would rather get rid of the program than drop down to FCS.

Central was more enjoyable to watch than playing Michigan, nothing else needs to be said. The Boneyard was dead all last week leading up to the game.

No one is suggesting we drop down to FCS, I want an upgrade to a G5 conference.

Impressive strawman though!

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Wow. Too bad that wasn’t pointed out at the time.

I understand that the move to the Big East was both necessary and beneficial for basketball. That didn’t mean we needed to pretend it was good for football also.
But was the move actually beneficial. A move from an upcoming conference to a conference of small private schools most in cities being left by citizens and businesses. The best men's BB coaches have left or retired, the women's BE programs mostly mediocre. A program that reports losses of $10 million a year, plus has to pay the AAC $17 million was it even a wise move financially?

Reaction Score

The MAC doesn’t care. They are comfortable in their own skin. They won’t be taking any football members.

CUSA would probably take us as a football only member yesterday.

After a few seasons when the AAC gets really desperate maybe they would take us as football only. I think this was UConn’s preference anyways,

The Sun Belt would have zero interest, they have a very well defined identity. Schools down south that are passionate about football first and foremost.

So it’s CUSA or nothing presently.

Reaction Score
But was the move actually beneficial. A move from an upcoming conference to a conference of small private schools most in cities being left by citizens and businesses. The best men's BB coaches have left or retired, the women's BE programs mostly mediocre. A program that reports losses of $10 million a year, plus has to pay the AAC $17 million was it even a wise move financially?

We have our best mbb recruiting class ever in the works.

You tell us.

Reaction Score
Central was more enjoyable to watch than playing Michigan, nothing else needs to be said. The Boneyard was dead all last week leading up to the game.

No one is suggesting we drop down to FCS, I want an upgrade to a G5 conference.

Impressive strawman though!
G5 conference teams would kick the s^^^ out of UConn and they don't want UConn in their conference without basketball. You enjoy watching UConn win, maybe they should start scheduling high school games.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Our WRs get zero separation. Literally none. With Ross and Marion maybe.

Every WR gets open at some point, QB has to see them. A Turner looks pretty good, our backs can catch. Yeah, we are playing a walkon ,but we've done that in the past and done better than this. They dropped 3 sure passes. Catching those would not have changed the verdict on ZT.

Be oblivious on that point if you want. Everyone here has factored in his inexperience and the injuries. If he were any good he'd be helping mask those things.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
This appears to be the default reaction to avoid the question on Turner.

No one expected us to be competitive with the number of injuries we had - not one person on this board. But yesterday there wasn’t even a trip to the red zone.

Now let’s talk about the most important position on the field - QB.

24 yards and last week not attempting a pas over 2o yards. Should we experiment with new QB next week - that is the question.
If the backups are injured, what is there to experiment with? Seriously, do you read other posts on what Mora says?

Reaction Score
G5 conference teams would kick the s^^^ out of UConn and they don't want UConn in their conference without basketball. You enjoy watching UConn win, maybe they should start scheduling high school games.

Wow you are a genius. If only more posters were like you we never would have fallen so far in football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom