5 of 20 for 24 Passing Yards - Says It All. What Say You? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

5 of 20 for 24 Passing Yards - Says It All. What Say You?

Reaction Score
If the QB had a D1 line and WR's the post might hold water. Otherwise guessing someone turned on the game thinking our boys had a chance-1st clue, Mich favored by 47.5.
I didn’t think we had a chance with all our injuries but I expected more than 24 yards passing and for the QB to be able to complete / throw accurate side passes and occasionally throw a nice ball downfield.

This is 2 games in a row without any passing game. It is time to try someone else at the helm for at least a half.

Reaction Score
Yes they match up against Michigan....NOT!!!
Sarcastic Bill Burr GIF by Desus & Mero

Reaction Score
TO WHOM???? Can you throw the rock? It is what it is for now. If you can't watch, just don't. It's painful, but there aren't currently options.

And, P.S., if you're demanding a quarterback change, then it's an anti-Zion rant. Own it.
Get real. There’s always an excuse. It always a key injury or youth or something else. The game isn’t that hard. Any FCS team would have found more yards in the air than the crap show we saw. There is no acceptable excuse for 24 yards.

Reaction Score
Save it. Freshman backup QB with no starting WR's. Against Michigan.
Your post "portends" you were expecting a different outcome. Airing it out? SMH

Expecting more than 24 yards of passing is not asking too much of a QB in his 4th game. It's not asking too much of a QB in his first game. What were your expectations? 23 yards?

Reaction Score
This is 2 games in a row without any passing game. It is time to try someone else at the helm for at least a half.

The standing question folks are asking is who @ this point in time…

QB1 Roberson - Out > ACL Surgery
QB2 Turner
QB3 Millen - still recovering/limited from second throwing shoulder surgery
Q4 Phommachanh- still recovering/limited from ACL/LCL/meniscus surgery

Reaction Score
UConn is not doing anyone any favor scheduling teams like UMichigan which only causes its players and fans to be embarrassed on national television.

The UConn schedule should only include teams from C-USA, sub Belt, MAC and like lower competition play.

Please no more games against the Big 10, SEC, Big 12, ACC, and PAC until the football team gets competitive.

Reaction Score
Freshman 2nd string QB in his 4th career game playing against the best team he’s ever going to play against in his life, missing his top receiver. Expectations are underground.

That said….that just didn’t look like football today. It’s not even a stats thing. It’s the 5 yard passes to wide open receivers that were uncatchable. Or not seeing wide open guys 15 yards down the field while throwing it 6 feet above the guy’s head on a screen pass. There were certainly a few good throws that were just dropped. But damn man. It feels like going for 100 yards with 3 INTs would be better than this, because then at least they would have tried to move the ball.

Win 2 games in October and I’d call it a solid first year under Mora. I feel like ZT won’t be seeing much playing time after this year unlike he makes huge strides.

Reaction Score
Freshman 2nd string QB in his 4th career game playing against the best team he’s ever going to play against in his life, missing his top receiver. Expectations are underground.

That said….that just didn’t look like football today. It’s not even a stats thing. It’s the 5 yard passes to wide open receivers that were uncatchable. Or not seeing wide open guys 15 yards down the field while throwing it 6 feet above the guy’s head on a screen pass. There were certainly a few good throws that were just dropped. But damn man. It feels like going for 100 yards with 3 INTs would be better than this, because then at least they would have tried to move the ball.

Win 2 games in October and I’d call it a solid first year under Mora. I feel like ZT won’t be seeing much playing time after this year unlike he makes huge strides.
Not a bad take here at all.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
UConn is not doing anyone any favor scheduling teams like UMichigan which only causes its players and fans to be embarrassed on national television.

The UConn schedule should only include teams from C-USA, sub Belt, MAC and like lower competition play.

Please no more games against the Big 10, SEC, Big 12, ACC, and PAC until the football team gets competitive.
UConn needs payday games. It's as simple as that.

Reaction Score

QB2 Turner
Millen just to answer the question

Reaction Score
This is really the worst of all worlds. Starter looked okay then hurt. Freshman QB not ready. Next up looked awful today. I really wish Puma was ready to go because he plays without fear and was versatile but needed to develop consistency. At this point I would rather have Rosa in the shotgun/wildcat than Millen and do it more often. We're stuck until maybe Puma is healthy. Even then the WR corps has work to do. I even saw a lineman go downfield on a running play then turn around and watch the RB try to fend off a tackler while 3 more guys whizzed by him to finish things off. A complete spectator and a cardinal sin in my book! Keep blocking somebody for !%& sake until the whistle.

Feel bad for Coach because right now the offense has too many holes. On D we wouldn't be terrible if we just had a decent pass rush. But we don't. Hope the check cleared and move on with whoever wants it most.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

Nope. I want the exact opposite.

Reaction Score

QB2 Turner

Just pin this please. I swear to god we have dumbest fans imaginable.

Reaction Score

Good take.

Reaction Score
Nope. I want the exact opposite.

Sorry, faking it until you make it doesn't work in athletics. All we are doing when we play these body bag games is reinforcing the notion that we don't belong. Meanwhile Coastal Carolina improved to 3 - 0 today with a 12 point win over Buffalo. I'm sure their cult following of fans are giddy. They can sell wins to recruits, we can sell games that resemble the clubbing of a baby seal.

Reaction Score
Sorry, faking it until you make it doesn't work in athletics. All we are doing when we play these body bag games is reinforcing the notion that we don't belong. Meanwhile Coastal Carolina improved to 3 - 0 today with a 12 point win over Buffalo. I'm sure their cult following of fans are giddy. They can sell wins to recruits, we can sell games that resemble the clubbing of a baby seal.
Seems like a nice place with plenty of scenery. I’d consider going there.

Reaction Score

$1.8M

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom