2023 SC Gamecocks Basketball, Part II (merged) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2023 SC Gamecocks Basketball, Part II (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She’ll still be the number 1 pick next year. Sounds like Clark won’t enter the draft next year and Paige is dubious with all her injuries, not sure who would be picked above her?

What else would the braid reveal be for if she wasn’t staying? And I’d doubt she’d stay without one or two of the other seniors planning to stay too.
She’s not the one who made a big announcement. The media asked her why She had garnet braids (a first) and she said they had a special meaning but she’d talk about it after the season. Aliyah’s braid color is a big deal in Columbia. That’s it. How it got to be some big announcement is just media drama. She’s not coming back.

Reaction Score
Georgia has one of the nation’s better defenses. It’ll be interesting to see how they handle Iowa and will give us what’s probably the best glimpse so far at a potential SC/Iowa showdown.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Agree with this, though I do think post depth is a potential concern if the seniors leave and Feagin is still coming off the bench. I think it’s a hard sell to have her backup the bigs for a 3rd year in a row, and if she’s gone it’s slim pickings inside. Dawn’s a great recruiter though and was the first one to really milk the portal, so I’m sure SC will still put out a great squad. If rumors are true that Morrow is in the portal, I think she’d be a great fit on the wing SC. Athletic, high motor and a great rebounder. Push Hall to the 2, she plays the 3 and SC is lethal.
First I've heard of this. If it's true, she'll have her pick of where she wants to go. Her talents are being wasted at DePaul. No doubt she wants to win a championship. That would limit her choices to about 5-6 programs that will have a real and legitimate chance of winning the NC next year. I could see her at South Carolina next year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe she pledged Delta Sigma Theta sorority or something???!!!! Just my simple guess.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
First I've heard of this. If it's true, she'll have her pick of where she wants to go. Her talents are being wasted at DePaul. No doubt she wants to win a championship. That would limit her choices to about 5-6 programs that will have a real and legitimate chance of winning the NC next year. I could see her at South Carolina next year.
Saw someone mention it on another thread, no idea if true or not though so take it with a grain of salt but I agree with your thoughts

Reaction Score
I can’t see her at South Carolina.

First, DePaul is her hometown H and I don’t see her transferring.

Second, I don’t think Dawn would take her unless Morrow is truly willing to make a great change in her “philosophy.” She would need to be willing to convert from a prima dona into a cog in the machine. Indeed she might have to take a sixth woman role for a while - maybe longer. Her FG percentage is significantly lower than any of our bigs. Same story on blocks ( on a per minutes played basis. She is an excellent rebounder but so are Feagan and Watkins (in a per minutes basis)

Nope. I don’t see it.

We need a scoring guard for next year.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I can’t see her at South Carolina.

First, DePaul is her hometown H and I don’t see her transferring.

Second, I don’t think Dawn would take her unless Morrow is truly willing to make a great change in her “philosophy.” She would need to be willing to convert from a prima dona into a cog in the machine. Indeed she might have to take a sixth woman role for a while - maybe longer. Her FG percentage is significantly lower than any of our bigs. Same story on blocks ( on a per minutes played basis. She is an excellent rebounder but so are Feagan and Watkins (in a per minutes basis)

Nope. I don’t see it.

We need a scoring guard for next year.
I bow to your take on this. You're much more familiar with Dawn and her Gamecock program than I am. I was surprised to read about the "rumor" that she was contemplating transferring. I know she's from Chicago. Players transfer for different reasons. Players that want to play for Dawn are willing to do whatever they have to.......if that means changing their outlook or "philosophy, they'd do it. I hope she stays at DePaul.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Maybe she pledged Delta Sigma Theta sorority or something???!!!! Just my simple guess.
WHAT?!? :eek: I'm familiar with that sorority. There was a chapter on the college campus that I attended.

Reaction Score

I could see it. Who wouldn’t take a 24ppg/12 rpg player? Unless she has major issues (hadn’t of heard any) on the court then I don’t see an issue. She’s versatile, has a tremendous motor, and would fit SC’s style of play. Of course her shooting percentages would be low playing on a team with way less talent. At SC she would have to learn to share the load with others but I don’t think she’s the type of player that isn’t willing to sacrifice scoring to win and get better in the long run. Losing forwards like Saxton, Boston, and Amihere will be tough so I would personally be all for adding a player like Morrow regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I could see it. Who wouldn’t take a 24ppg/12 rpg player? Unless she has major issues (hadn’t of heard any) on the court then I don’t see an issue. She’s versatile, has a tremendous motor, and would fit SC’s style of play. Of course her shooting percentages would be low playing on a team with way less talent. At SC she would have to learn to share the load with others but I don’t think she’s the type of player that isn’t willing to sacrifice scoring to win and get better in the long run. Losing forwards like Saxton, Boston, and Amihere will be tough so I would personally be all for adding a player like Morrow regardless of what anyone else thinks.
You're reading those tea leaves the same way I did. :cool:

Reaction Score
Our girl Tessa Johnson is a STATE CHAMPION!!! Did the unthinkable and took down Hopkins 71-70 with a BIG TIME PERFORMANCE!!!

For Hopkins
NuNu Agara Had 19 points 8 rebounds
Taylor Woodson had 14 points 6 rebounds
Liv McGill with 15 points 6 assists
Kelly Boyle had 22 points on 5-7 shooting from 3. She was the reason they cut the game to one point at the end. Overall very exciting game to watch! Minnesota Hs basketball is high level!

Reaction Score
Agreed I definitely think Dawn wouldn't hesitate if Morrow expressed interest. Her skills would definitely translate here. Her shooting % is lower than our current bigs in part due to the team she's on and what's surrounding her plus she takes a good bit of 3s. For reference Morrow has taken more 3s than anyone on SC and has made more than anyone but Zia this season. So naturally her shooting % has plummeted as a result.

Reaction Score
I do not see the point of pursuing this player.

Reaction Score
Our girl Tessa Johnson is a STATE CHAMPION!!! Did the unthinkable and took down Hopkins 71-70 with a BIG TIME PERFORMANCE!!!

For Hopkins
NuNu Agara Had 19 points 8 rebounds
Taylor Woodson had 14 points 6 rebounds
Liv McGill with 15 points 6 assists
Kelly Boyle had 22 points on 5-7 shooting from 3. She was the reason they cut the game to one point at the end. Overall very exciting game to watch! Minnesota Hs basketball is high level!

Highlights:

Reaction Score
Ummm ok… that’s entirely up to you. I’m sure other opinions vary as well.
I would take her. She is good rebounder and great scorer. With Beal, Boston and Saxton leaving I hate to lose our edge on the board. Feagin looks like she will be a good scorer, but Morrow is proven. If no one comes back, I hope we bring in at least 2 transfers. I don't like the idea of having a 10-man roster to start the season.

Reaction Score
I do not see the point of pursuing this player.
Agree. Dawn is a tremendous coach and she recognizes the importance of culture. After spending time with Doug Bruno's laissez-faire environment I think the culture shock for Morrow would be overwhelming, not certain she would be prepared for that kind of change nor the demands that would be placed upon her.

Maybe Natasha Adair could convince her to come to ASU LOL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree. Dawn is a tremendous coach and she recognizes the importance of culture. After spending time with Doug Bruno's laissez-faire environment I think the culture shock for Morrow would be overwhelming, not certain there should be prepared for that kind of change nor the demands that would be placed upon her.

Maybe Natasha Adair could convince her to come to ASU LOL
We don't really need any more forwards.

A backup center and maybe a scoring guard is about all that really fits.

Reaction Score
Held USF to 29% and out rebounded them by 27.

Just smothered them in the second half.

I thought the first half was a great battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom