2023 SC Gamecocks Basketball, Part II (merged) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2023 SC Gamecocks Basketball, Part II (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All this hinting and jesting at getting another final four banner and expectations of another championship are starting to make me nervous, like we as a fan base are blind to the team's weaknesses. I trust these ladies can make it happen, but it's called March Madness for a reason. It always seems like the surefire things are never as secure in retrospect...
If it helps any, players and fans don't think alike. Players don't rest on what they've done to date, polls, net rankings, conference affiliations, banners, etc. The game must be won on the court. I expect a lot of surprises this year.

Reaction Score
Astute observation, always enjoy your posts. I think you’re spot on about Cooke. One of my main concerns for SC’s chances at a repeat is Cooke’s shooting inconsistencies. The problem is she never stops at 1-6 or 3-9; she usually keeps on shooting. I get that shooting guards have to be aggressive and that Dawn has told her to keep firing but it’s those 4-17 kind of nights that can do South Carolina in if Boston and Cardoso don’t have monster games.
The thing about Zia is she can go 1-6 and then hit 3 in a row, but I concur that that is one weakness. Those inconsistencies have occurred far less this year but they do happen. If Zia is on, it’s game over. If she’s not it’s a battle.

Reaction Score
A team like Uconn in 2016 with Stewie, Tuck, KLS, Nurse, Jefferson, Collier, and Williams. There isn't anyone like that in college today.
There probably won’t be anyone like that class ever for a long, long time. I will say though that this class at SC is the most dominant one I’ve seen SINCE that 2016 class.

Reaction Score
Why Final Four? Why not championship?
That’s the center court logo cut out from last season’s NCAAT court in Minneapolis. Apparently the tournament winner gets to take the court home. A few years ago, the FF logo from the ‘17 championship floor was cut out and hung in the CLA entrance area next to the stairs on the left side. Last season’s now hangs next to the right side stairs.

Reaction Score
There probably won’t be anyone like that class ever for a long, long time. I will say though that this class at SC is the most dominant one I’ve seen SINCE that 2016 class.
They weren’t all the same class…

Reaction Score
South Carolina has a better team than the one that breezed to the title last year.

It's ok to be confident.

Things happen and it won't be the end of the world either way.

Reaction Score
They weren’t all the same class…

OK. Substitute “team” for class in both instances. Better?

Reaction Score
If it helps any, players and fans don't think alike. Players don't rest on what they've done to date, polls, net rankings, conference affiliations, banners, etc. The game must be won on the court. I expect a lot of surprises this year.
Oh I know. It's just the closer we get to the tourney, the more I start getting superstitious.

Reaction Score
Any idea which sessions SC would play if they make SS and EE? Trying to plan ahead and buy tickets.

Reaction Score
Yall chickens are lucky that a certain blue clad team ain't coming to Greenville. I was looking forward to some fried chicken gyros at the Lazy Goat.
Ate there last week. Not impressed. The margaritas and tacos at the Mexican restaurant downstairs were terrific tho…

Reaction Score
Just thought this was pretty dope. Im a Gamecock but this is the kind of stuff we’ve been wanting to see done for women’s sports for a long time.

needed a dunk from Ashlyn.

The Question is: Did this ad pay for the team minimum of $25,000 per player per year?

Reaction Score
Just thought this was pretty dope. Im a Gamecock but this is the kind of stuff we’ve been wanting to see done for women’s sports for a long time.

That was fire!! Definitely gets the attention. Well done.

Reaction Score
IDK. UA is a big sponsor for Aliyah so I'm assuming she probably got a check. Kelsey Plum is another one they sponsor.
Every player who was flashed on the ad qualifies to be paid something for her image to be used.

Reaction Score
IDK. UA is a big sponsor for Aliyah so I'm assuming she probably got a check. Kelsey Plum is another one they sponsor.
South Carolina is an under armor school so the whole program and all the players featured probably got money.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I came into this thread to throw around some hate, but I can't. That was pretty cool. Kinda reminds me of the first under Armour commercial i ever saw. They used former Maryland Football coach Ralph Friedgen.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Aren't the Terps pretty much paid for by UA (at least all their uniforms? The owner of UA is a MD graduate.
I seem to recall when the football team had a dozen (hyperbole) different uniforms and helmets years ago, he was the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom