2022 Giants Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Reaction Score
Landon Collins back to the Giants on a practice squad deal.

Not sure what he still brings to the table, but he was one of my favorite Giants when he was hear.

Reaction Score
Landon Collins back to the Giants on a practice squad deal.

Not sure what he still brings to the table, but he was one of my favorite Giants when he was hear.
Was there any indication if he would play Sunday?

Also, Toney is so god damn annoying. Is he made of glass or does he legit just not want to play? He's the perfect player for this offense, DJ doesn't throw the ball past 15 yards, and Toney can make everyone miss. He needs a stretch of health, it's getting ridiculous.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Was there any indication if he would play Sunday?

Also, Toney is so god damn annoying. Is he made of glass or does he legit just not want to play? He's the perfect player for this offense, DJ doesn't throw the ball past 15 yards, and Toney can make everyone miss. He needs a stretch of health, it's getting ridiculous.
Word on the street is that the new regime hasn't been happy with the attitudes of Toney (to a small degree) and Golliday (to a great degree), primarily with his each reacted initially to the directive that everyone had to earn playing time with their efforts in practice.

Every time Toney seems to be making strides, some minor injury pops up. The staff believes this may be his way of rebelling against authority but they aren't fully sure.

Golliday would be gone already if it weren't for cap hit (the automatic acceleration his signing bonus would put the team over the cap). The the jury is still out on Toney as a) he has shown some signs of wanting to compete and b) his skill set is exactly what they want from a WR.

Time will tell.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
What I like most is our staff's ability to make in-game adjustments. We trailed Tennessee 13-0 and Green Bay 17-3 and in each, at that point in the game looked like we'd get blown out by 25+.

We need more pieces but we do have something nice.

Reaction Score
Daboll is awesome, can't believe they actually got it right with the hire finally.

This was Daniel Jones moment, this guy has caught so much cr@pola playing without a line and without legit targets. He still doesn't have legit targets outside of Saquon and he marched them all the way down the field for that touchdown without Barkley in the third quarter.

Giants scored 27 points on 5 straight drives to close out the game, Daniel Jones was 20-24 for 231 yards passing and 38 yards rushing. All of that on a bum ankle and the skin on the back of his hand scraped off.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Good day to be a Giants fan. Danny stepped up big time and the defense bent but didn’t break.

Culture is impressive
This defense is very good. Rarely any missed tackles. Last year secondary couldn't tackle a guy in a wheel chair. The confidence is growing.
It's all coming together with me anyway. Yankee win, Giants win, and our Pups in round ball with wins. Looks like a favorable winter.

Reaction Score
Good vibes! Driving back from Maine today and can’t wait to watch the game on record!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I thought I would get 2022 off to a great start with the question how does an NFL quarterback end up with a 5 QBR?
Soooo does anyone have a good recipe for crow? I think I might have to eat some. Jones is tougher than I thought, mentally and physically. With Barkley and a handful of WRs from the practice squad he lead a pretty good offense today

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Danny engineered great drives. He ran for first downs, run for touchdowns, now throwing the ball long. Imagine a year or two for now. Let's not forget the defense. Holding the Packers scoreless in the second half?????Who does that.

Reaction Score
Long way to go hope D-Dimes conitinues to learn and grow, he’s been solid if not really good. Line just needs to keep getting better and he needs some weapons.

Defense, Wink does a tremendous job mixing it up and much like Danny he’s playing with back ups and taxi squad guys a lot. Tremendous job.

Dabol? Just watch him on the sidelines they play hard for this guy and for good reason. And finally a coach who lets the stripes know when they blow one so he gets a couple back.

I was honestly really fine with what I saw when they came back and tied it 20-20 and of it went wrong from there I was all in with the improvement. But they went a step further, cant be happier!

Reaction Score
Long way to go hope D-Dimes conitinues to learn and grow, he’s been solid if not really good. Line just needs to keep getting better and he needs some weapons.

Defense, Wink does a tremendous job mixing it up and much like Danny he’s playing with back ups and taxi squad guys a lot. Tremendous job.

Dabol? Just watch him on the sidelines they play hard for this guy and for good reason. And finally a coach who lets the stripes know when they blow one so he gets a couple back.

I was honestly really fine with what I saw when they came back and tied it 20-20 and of it went wrong from there I was all in with the improvement. But they went a step further, cant be happier!
It’s helped that Slayton is playing and is actually catching the ball, Belinger reminds me of Kevin Boss.

Thibodeaux is looking more comfortable he had that tipped ball on 3rd and 2 on the Giants 5 was a huge momentum swing. Rodgers was slicing up the D getting the ball out in what seemed to be half a second.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
It’s helped that Slayton is playing and is actually catching the ball, Belinger reminds me of Kevin Boss.

Thibodeaux is looking more comfortable he had that tipped ball on 3rd and 2 on the Giants 5 was a huge momentum swing. Rodgers was slicing up the D getting the ball out in what seemed to be half a second.
Thibodaux was held at least five times today including the play where he tipped the ball.

Reaction Score
Thibodaux was held at least five times today including the play where he tipped the ball.

So true it was so obvious and they swallowed the flag multiple times. Also thought the Pack got away with blocking early out in front of receptions.

Good win!

Reaction Score
Looks like we made out better hiring Judge over Rhule, here’s why. If we hired Rhule he’s likely here in year 3 which means Daboll would’ve been hired by another team. Judge was so bad that it was an easier fire l and not mention we didn’t stupid money at him.

Reaction Score
Dexter Lawrence is a beast , should have Leonard Williams back next week as he was a game time decision yesterday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom