2022 Giants Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Reaction Score
This isn’t that bad of an offensive line man. Jones concedes too easily and locks on plays, so he doesn’t often have the ability to move in the pocket well.

Literally just look at his last 9 games. The most yards he’s passed for is 242. In that span he averages 179 yards/game. 9 touchdowns, 7 interceptions in that time.

I give, you think he sucks and the line is great totally disagree. At best the line is only okay and that’s at best. And he did very good today considering no blocking and not a good run game until late. Same line only probably worst the previous 7 games you speak of.

Made some nice plays today I’m happy with the kid. Not the best but by far not the worst.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Jones remains maddeningly inconsistent; like the Giants themselves, he exhausts your patience and then somewhat redeems himself. Time and time again.

The fact that—at best—the jury is still out on him at this point speaks for itself. I am ready to move on if the right option presents itself, but I’m not fully convinced yet that he’s not workable.

He didn’t lose the game today and he made better decisions. I’ll take it and hope we can build on it.

Reaction Score
I give, you think he sucks and the line is great totally disagree. At best the line is only okay and that’s at best. And he did very good today considering no blocking and not a good run game until late. Same line only probably worst the previous 7 games you speak of.

Made some nice plays today I’m happy with the kid. Not the best but by far not the worst.
I can admit that the line is not good. Never once did I say it was “great” you’re making things up to try to better your argument. You are incapable of putting any blame on DJ. Maybe I am too harsh on him from time to time, but that’s because I fully believe he is not the future of this team, and I feel the evidence of that has been pretty substantial.

Reaction Score
I can admit that the line is not good. Never once did I say it was “great” you’re making things up to try to better your argument. You are incapable of putting any blame on DJ. Maybe I am too harsh on him from time to time, but that’s because I fully believe he is not the future of this team, and I feel the evidence of that has been pretty substantial.

I have put blame on DJ for some awful passes no doubt so don’t make things up as well. Hell he threw one at the end of the first half that could’ve been a pick 6 just a dreadful decision. But he’s been in awful football teams so I haven’t given up on him being pretty good, that’s all.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
seems to me, starting last season, that the d has been getting faster. if the d can be strong and fast for a whole season, it can be a difference maker. not going into every game thinking you need to put up 35 tends to make an offense relax.

Reaction Score
Jones remains maddeningly inconsistent; like the Giants themselves, he exhausts your patience and then somewhat redeems himself. Time and time again.

The fact that—at best—the jury is still out on him at this point speaks for itself. I am ready to move on if the right option presents itself, but I’m not fully convinced yet that he’s not workable.

He didn’t lose the game today and he made better decisions. I’ll take it and hope we can build on it.
I'll trust Daboll on whether he thinks he's the guy. I think we finally have a really good coach so I'll trust it if he sticks with him or goes in another direction.

I also thought Ollie was a really good coach once upon a time so...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'll trust Daboll on whether he thinks he's the guy. I think we finally have a really good coach so I'll trust it if he sticks with him or goes in another direction.

I agree on both counts. I think we have found our head coach, and I will trust his decision whether he thinks Jones is the guy.

And yeah, I also thought Ollie was our guy once upon a time.

I also think we have an elite running back around whom we can build an offense, as we hoped when we drafted him.

Reaction Score
I agree on both counts. I think we have found our head coach, and I will trust his decision whether he thinks Jones is the guy.

And yeah, I also thought Ollie was our guy once upon a time.

I also think we have an elite running back around whom we can build an offense, as we hoped when we drafted him.
I think the problem is that we'll only have that elite RB for the next 15 games. I hope they sign him and I think it's more likely than Jones but I have a hard time seeing Schoen paying Barkley

Reaction Score
Schoen won't pay Barkley. He will draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th round and spend that Barkley money on some other position (like say offensive or defensive line please).

Regarding the QB position, as others have said we have a GM/Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator who know offense and the QB position (offensive coordinator I believe was the QB coach for Mahomes).

Whoever we have at the QB position in 2023 is someone I will trust based on those making the decisions. If it's Jones, fine. If somehow Lamar hits free agency and they decide to drop a boatload of money on him for the future, fine. If they think there is a QB in the draft in the 10-20 range they like, fine.

Regarding defense, I always liked Wink Martindale when he was with Baltimore. Absolutely love him here and can't wait to see what he does when we finally get our two defensive ends back (hopefully for the Dallas game next week).

Its no mistake we are 2-0 after taking two important pieces from the Bills organization. Buffalo knows what they are doing. The future looks very bright.

Reaction Score
Schoen won't pay Barkley. He will draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th round and spend that Barkley money on some other position (like say offensive line please).

Regarding the QB position, as others have said we have a GM/Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator who know offense and the QB position (offensive coordinator I believe was the QB coach for Mahomes).

Whoever we have at the QB position in 2023 is someone I will trust based on those making the decisions. If it's Jones, fine. If somehow Lamar hits free agency and they decide to drop a boatload of money on him for the future, fine. If they think there is a QB in the draft in the 10-20 range they like, fine.

Regarding defense, I always liked Wink Martindale when he was with Baltimore. Absolutely love him here and can't wait to see what he does when we finally get our two defensive ends back (hopefully for the Dallas game next week).

Its no mistake we are 2-0 after taking two important pieces from the Bills organization. Buffalo knows what they are doing. The future looks very bright.
I'm really excited about Thibodeaux.

Reaction Score
t
Monday night at home against Dallas. The place is going to be rocking and if he's good to go I think that's the spotlight he'll shine in.
I was gonna go, but unfortunately getting back too late from a trip to Maine.

Reaction Score

It is quite clear by everything the new regime has done and said they know Jones is not the QB of the future.

Reaction Score
BS OPI call on Sheppard of course we did get away with defensive Interference that would’ve given Cowboys 1st and goal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure what Daniel Jones is supposed to do, the line doesn't block anyone and the receivers stink.
Both units in the trenches are pretty terrible. We get no pressure and can’t protect. Still wish we would take some shots down the field more when Danny does get some time. We never pass over 15 yards down the field.

Reaction Score
Jones had a good game today, but this team just doesn't have much talent. Especially at WR even before Shepard went down

Reaction Score
Both units in the trenches are pretty terrible. We get no pressure and can’t protect. Still wish we would take some shots down the field more when Danny does get some time. We never pass over 15 yards down

2 of the times they threw down field there were 2 huge drops by Sheppard and Galladay when they still had a chance. Neal is dreadful, potentially a bust and the rest of the line is sub par. Galladay needs to go he’s worthless. A throw earlier on a stop route he didn’t come back to the ball either he stinks.

The defense has been ok but died on us the last 18 minutes. Too bad but they’re just not good

Reaction Score
2 of the times they threw down field there were 2 huge drops by Sheppard and Galladay when they still had a chance. Neal is dreadful, potentially a bust and the rest of the line is sub par. Galladay needs to go he’s worthless. A throw earlier on a stop route he didn’t come back to the ball either he stinks.

The defense has been ok but died on us the last 18 minutes. Too bad but they’re just not good
Couldn’t stop the run to save their lives. Rush made every play he needed to. Golladay sucks, Shepard is injured seemingly every game, and Toney can apparently just decide if he wants to play or not. We couldn’t even get any pressure from our blitzes.

Two top 10 picks looked pretty damn poor. Whatever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom