2022 Giants Thread | Page 29 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm hoping we ease up on the blitzing for this game. I saw a graphic this morning on the two Giant-Eagle games this season. We blitzed Hurts almost exactly 50% of the time. On plays where we blitzed his results were through the roof. On plays where we didn't his results were mediocre. Blitzing (other than at select spots) will be playing into their hands.

Reaction Score
3 years $75M. Though my guess is it may be approaching 3/$90M
Yeah he’s gonna make at least 30 mil a year now. His timing is impeccable.
30 mil a year sounds like a lot but if you look at the list of top salaries QBs, 10th is like 31 mil I think.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
30 mil a year sounds like a lot but if you look at the list of top salaries QBs, 10th is like 31 mil I think.
Lots of teams, some good teams, need QBs.
Ravens if they don't tag Lamar
Panthers
Jets
Giants
Texans (will draft one)
Colts (may finally draft one)
Raiders
Commanders
Bucs

Reaction Score
Lots of teams, some good teams, need QBs.
Ravens if they don't tag Lamar
Panthers
Jets
Giants
Texans (will draft one)
Colts (may finally draft one)
Raiders
Commanders
Bucs
You keep bringing this up but its irrelevant. He will be the on the Giants next year. If they can't reach a deal, though they 100% will, they will franchise/transition tender him.

So take the Giants off the list.

Reaction Score
3 years $75M. Though my guess is it may be approaching 3/$90M
I would do backflips at 3 for 75. Kyler's contract screwed a lot of the market up. I think reality at this point is 3 years around 100 mill.

Reaction Score
anyone else heading to the game Saturday? I see Big Blue Travel is hosting a pregame at xfinity live but the ticket is $295 per/person. looking for a good spot to pregame - our hotel is in center city near rittenhouse sq

Reaction Score
It's insanity. Minnesota had a bottom two passing defense in 2022. Indy is a team complete disarray and an intrium head coach. Those were Jones "big" victories this year. He is a middle of the pack QB. Closer to 15 than 10.

Reaction Score
It's insanity. Minnesota had a bottom two passing defense in 2022. Indy is a team complete disarray and an intrium head coach. Those were Jones "big" victories this year. He is a middle of the pack QB. Closer to 15 than 10.
LOL you only look at the box scores if you think Jones is closer to 15 or your a hater there is zero evidence that shows that Jones is closer to 15 then 10.

Reaction Score
Tell you don’t watch football without telling me you don’t watch football.

Reaction Score
He’s also a free agent and there are plenty of suitors so sanity doesn’t matter.

Reaction Score

Not what the people in the know are saying these days. He’s doing this with no one of significance as a weapon outside of Barkley. And as you heard on the telecast and pre and post games the Giants need to pass to open up the run. He’s doing this with a taxi squad guy and Richie James as his 2-3 receivers behind a guy they wanted to cut in Slayton. He’s most definitely Top 10 and not close to the middle of the pack.

Reaction Score
Not what the people in the know are saying these days. He’s doing this with no one of significance as a weapon outside of Barkley. And as you heard on the telecast and pre and post games the Giants need to pass to open up the run. He’s doing this with a taxi squad guy and Richie James as his 2-3 receivers behind a guy they wanted to cut in Slayton. He’s most definitely Top 10 and not close to the middle of the pack.
It’s laughable that there is this notion that Jones all of the sudden became good. Did people see how bad the Giants offense was when he got hurt last year, before he got hurt the Giants were a game out of the wildcard, with Joe Fn Judge.

Of course Daboll has put him in a position to succeed just as he did with Josh Allen who has regressed a bit without Daboll he’s still great but not as good as last year.

The media has their negative spin on Jones to get clicks you expect that but then you have these content creators on youtube that do the same thing.

Here’s a good video on that a couple weeks old, this is a video that should go viral. One the old school Giants content creators.

Reaction Score
It’s laughable that there is this notion that Jones all of the sudden became good. Did people see how bad the Giants offense was when he got hurt last year, before he got hurt the Giants were a game out of the wildcard, with Joe Fn Judge.

Of course Daboll has put him in a position to succeed just as he did with Josh Allen who has regressed a bit without Daboll he’s still great but not as good as last year.

The media has their negative spin on Jones to get clicks you expect that but then you have these content creators on youtube that do the same thing.

Here’s a good video on that a couple weeks old, this is a video that should go viral. One the old school Giants content creators.

I think he vastly improved as the year went on. The weapons he has didn’t change really, and the line has remained mostly the same. I think he’s making better reads, getting rid of the ball rather than holding it, and the receivers have also been getting open a lot more. I’d argue the WR’s were significantly better when the season started with Shep and Wandale being in the mix. But it’s a compliment to him, I think he’s grown vastly over the last quarter+ of the season.

Reaction Score
Alright, game night, let's go!

Tonight, I'm babysitting my sister's kids and the two oldest (10 and 12) are massive Eagles fans from the dad's side.

Looking forward to catching the most important Eagles/Giants game to date in my nephews' sentient fandom!

Reaction Score

Tonight, I'm babysitting my sister's kids and the two oldest (10 and 12) are massive Eagles fans from the dad's side.

Looking forward to catching the most important Eagles/Giants game to date in my nephews' sentient fandom!
Biiiiig game, so cool to be playing important games again. Only downside is there’s a huge UFC card tonight that i’ve been looking forward to for a while, but OBVIOUSLY GMen take precedent.

Reaction Score

House money no doubt but still want them to compete in this game. Really liked having Jackson back at the corner. Even when passes were competed on his guy very little extra yards good coverage and tackling. Hockenson killed us but that may have been to assure Jefferson didn’t, they’ll need to do a little better with Goedert.

Offense no turnovers, oline needs to be tough and I have a weird feeling about Galaday showing up.

Let’s go GMen.

Reaction Score

Sounds like fun you will have your hands full, and don’t hold back from taking trash good natured trash talk, 10 and 12 year olds are old enough to take it.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Your sister married an Eagles fan? Ouch

Reaction Score
Just can’t go for it 4th and 8 that early in the game. Love that Dabol has balls but don’t like plain stupidity.

Nonetheless they can’t beat the Eagles good season it’s over.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I'm ready to shoot Martindale.

I don't get this: were playing a two man defensive front against a team that loves to run the ball.

We go for it on 4th and 8 early (that one's on Daboll) against a team we should be careful on 3rd and 8 situations.

This is reminding me of the super bowl against the Ravens. Let's game plan so that we have no chance to win.

Reaction Score
This is about as big a mismatch as you'll ever find in the playoffs. Eagles absolutely own the Giants every time they play them.

Reaction Score
That 4th and 8 was atrocious and that pick by DJ was terrible. The honeymoon is over unfortunately.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I really need someone to explain why we called timeouts late in the second half. All we did was give them more time to score

Reaction Score
I really need someone to explain why we called timeouts late in the second half. All we did was give them more time to score
Dude it doesn't matter, Eagles had plenty of time to score and Giants had no chance in this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom