2022 Giants Thread | Page 30 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Reaction Score
Can we be realistic at this point, that Hurts is better than DJ? It’s not detriment to Danny, it’s just a fact.
Hurts was possibly the MVP before his injury and he plays for a much better team.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This game is boring as hell. Eagles D just dominating and the Giants can’t stop the run game. Eagles could be up more, but there’s no need. Defense and a running game are still a winning ticket in the playoffs. And I was actually rooting for the Giants. Hard to believe but I might have to root for the 49ers in the NFC.

Reaction Score
One thing I took from tonight’s game, well make it 2 things. So happy we played the Vikings first because they weren’t too good.

Secondly Nick Sirianni is a total they can’t get beat bad enough now after watching that act on the sideline. Hell if it’s the cowboys may even root for them!

Reaction Score
100% agreed. I’ve never rooted for Dallas over Philly, but after watching this Philly clown I’ll have to root for Dallas I think. If they play Philly.
God just let San Fran beat Philly next week.
Also his BS fake two point conversion up 27-0 to try to draw them offside was a joke.

Reaction Score
100% agreed. I’ve never rooted for Dallas over Philly, but after watching this Philly clown I’ll have to root for Dallas I think. If they play Philly.
God just let San Fran beat Philly next week.
Also his BS fake two point conversion up 27-0 to try to draw them offside was a joke.

And his need to fly down the field to the end zone to hug #14 when they piled on (not their fault on the pile on there should be guys cut who didn't play hard down the stretch on D)to 38-7 was another unnecessary celebratory move, just adding to the dances and stuff he was like a little girl winning a dance contest. You could absolutely tell he's never been there before.

Just proves give anyone a ton of talent on both sides of the ball and they become better coaches overnight because last year he was the polar opposite on the sideline, an absolute moron.

Reaction Score
No problem going for it on 4th and 8. If we punt he kicks it into the end zone and we net 17 yards or whatever.
Punting down 21 though was dumb

By the way as they pick apart the team and add necessary pieces for next year please get rid of Gilliam (sp?). He is awful at kicking to the corners inside the 20. Also too many lasers no hang time. He had a couple punts blocked because he was too slow getting rid of it, please find a better punter.

Reaction Score
On another note. I don't think I've ever seen the first down chains break during a game or a player with a contact hanging from his face mask.

Reaction Score
That felt like a good UConn team in a bowl game against a top 5 team from the SEC.

Couldn’t have asked for more from this team. Went from 4 wins to 9 won a road playoff game. The divisional round is when your holes get exposed, the Eagles look like they have no holes. It’s a good evaluation film for Schoen and the scouts to look at.

When your in the dance you feel you always got a chance, of course you feared the weaknesses getting exposed and you were hoping the Eagles would be flat and we saw none of it. Experience always matters in these game the 2007 and 2011 Giants had a ton of experience.

Reaction Score
By the way as they pick apart the team and add necessary pieces for next year please get rid of Gilliam (sp?). He is awful at kicking to the corners inside the 20. Also too many lasers no hang time. He had a couple punts blocked because he was too slow getting rid of it, please find a better punter.

Yes no question we need to draft a punter, I don’t think we should draft a qb or a rb. Have 11 picks so not taking a qb or rb gives us an extra pick to take another wr, olineman, lb, or db all positions of need. Need a ton of speed to have a prayer against the Eagles.

Reaction Score
Can we be realistic at this point, that Hurts is better than DJ? It’s not detriment to Danny, it’s just a fact.
Hurts is better I don’t believe he’s much better if he wins the super bowl this year I’ll put him on a pedestool. Next year if Jones doesn’t reach another level I will start thinking we need to think another qb in the upcoming draft, we’ll see.

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score
I know I’m late on this thread but just wanted to congratulate the Giants on a really good season considering the players on that squad. Great coaching.

Birds!!!

And don’t worry we’ll beat the Cowboys.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I think he vastly improved as the year went on. The weapons he has didn’t change really, and the line has remained mostly the same. I think he’s making better reads, getting rid of the ball rather than holding it, and the receivers have also been getting open a lot more. I’d argue the WR’s were significantly better when the season started with Shep and Wandale being in the mix. But it’s a compliment to him, I think he’s grown vastly over the last quarter+ of the season.
Let's talk about he rushed for how many yards? How many TD's? How many first downs he got?. He vastly improved is right.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
It’s laughable that there is this notion that Jones all of the sudden became good. Did people see how bad the Giants offense was when he got hurt last year, before he got hurt the Giants were a game out of the wildcard, with Joe Fn Judge.

Of course Daboll has put him in a position to succeed just as he did with Josh Allen who has regressed a bit without Daboll he’s still great but not as good as last year.

The media has their negative spin on Jones to get clicks you expect that but then you have these content creators on youtube that do the same thing.

Here’s a good video on that a couple weeks old, this is a video that should go viral. One the old school Giants content creators.

My fault I guess, but I got lost in his broadcast from the start. "Let's talk about Daniel Jones". Then goes into a 3 minute rant about something else. He was all over the place. My opinion only.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The Eagles offensive line was phenomenal.
People can talk all they want about how different football is today, about how you need a QB, receivers, pass rushers, cover CBs and little else but the fact is the game is still won in the trenches.

The Eagles have a tremendous offensive line. We made it easier for them with a two DT, two OLB defensive front.

Reaction Score
Yes no question we need to draft a punter, I don’t think we should draft a qb or a rb. Have 11 picks so not taking a qb or rb gives us an extra pick to take another wr, olineman, lb, or db all positions of need. Need a ton of speed to have a prayer against the Eagles.
They don't currently have a RB under contract. If they bring Barkley back, I could go either way on that depending on the $$, they need to draft a RB. You need to have young cheap talent at the position.

The Giants roster is not good. What Daboll did with this team is incredible. Their #1 WR was cut by the Bills midway through their year, they started a guy at LB who the Lions and the 31st ranked D cut in Week 17. Jaylon Smith should not be in the NFL, he is the worst LB I have ever seen starting in this league. Schoen has a lot of work to do this offseason to build the defense, get real skill position guys, and improve the interior of the oline. I have confidence he will make the roster much better and the Giants will be back in the playoffs next year.

Hats off to Howie, the Eagles have the best overall roster in the league, the o and d line they have put together is incredible. Now, I hope the 9ers beat them by 100.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Giants are about to pay Daniel Jones 50% premium for passing on Daniel Jones' 5th year option.

Reaction Score
The Giants are about to pay Daniel Jones 50% premium for passing on Daniel Jones' 5th year option.

Not true at all. They'd be negotiating an extension with him right now regardless of whether they picked up the option or not

Reaction Score

Cool, this has been discussed about 100x in this thread. You can go back and read through it if you want an actual discussion it, but we know you don't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom