2022 Giants Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Reaction Score
The offense supposedly has a lot of pre-snap motion and will setup in numerous formations. My concern here, especially with a line that has really no starters who have played together is that we will see a ton of false start, illegal motion and illegal formation penalties early in the season.

If the learning curve can be shortened (and a handful of vital players avoid injuries) the offense can be very good by mid October. Of we lose a key player or two, this will be a building year.

I have one huge concern on defense; allegedly our starting defense had two DL's, two edge rushers, two LB's, three CB's and two safeties. A decent offense may be able to run on us at will with that formation. I hope Wink/Daboll are planning to at least start the games with a more traditional front seven.
I wouldn't be too concerned, it's almost an entirely new offensive line and the Giants were one of the last teams still running an archaic offense with no motion pre-snap. Feliciano was in Buffalo with the same offense, and most of these guys have been playing similar offenses in college

The days of a traditional front 7 are gone. Teams are almost always going to be in 3+ WR sets and all teams have moved to 3 CBs as their base defense now. That's why the slot CB has gone from being the guy who isn't good enough to cover top WRs to being specifically targeted and drafted with a skillset in mind

Reaction Score
Ugly football yikes. Good news for the players they aren’t as bad as the stripes!

Reaction Score
Really liking what I'm seeing out of Darrian Beavers he has such a nose for the ball, Brightwell looked good have to split carries between him and Saquon, would make Saquon way more effective as well, its 17 games.

Reaction Score
I haven't watched any of the games (haven't watched a preseason game since Victor Cruz did his thing), but Collin Johnson is impressing me.

In three halves: 13 targets, 10 catches, 122 yards.

The 6'6 220 third year WR needs to make this team.

Reaction Score
I haven't watched any of the games (haven't watched a preseason game since Victor Cruz did his thing), but Collin Johnson is impressing me.

He has been pretty good but he did miss the pass that turned into an interception. Overall though I like him and Sollis (so?) as well.

Jones was very good nothing long but spot on short, quick stuff.

Thibodeau made me nervous with the knee but for now it looks like it’s nothing major. Here’s hoping!

Reaction Score
He has been pretty good but he did miss the pass that turned into an interception. Overall though I like him and Sollis (so?) as well.

Jones was very good nothing long but spot on short, quick stuff.

Thibodeau made me nervous with the knee but for now it looks like it’s nothing major. Here’s hoping!

Webb to Bachman? I mean I realize it’s exhibition season but Bachman looks reliable. And Davis Webb looked kinda like that guy they thought they had as a backup a few years ago.

Reaction Score

My bad that missed catch was Bellinger not Johnson sorry. Yes the kids been good!

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
It wouldn’t be a normal giants preseason if half the team isn’t injured with at least 3 or 4 players out the year.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Wow. Absolutely amazing. Tragedy to triumph to tragedy to comedy to drama to triumph.
Well said is exactly what I had to offer. As the father of daughters and a Giant fan I have learned to not react too much to the highs or lows!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
All in all there is a tremendous amount to be encouraged about but also a handful of things to be concerned with (I may elaborate later).

Bottom line; Tennessee can play big boy football in both trenches as well as anyone and we performed reasonably well against them. That is a hell of a difficult opponent for game one with a new regime trying to end a half dozen years of complete futility. I like our prospects.

Reaction Score
Saquon was amazing. Looked like rookie year Saquon. DJ is what he is, pretty terrible pocket presence, and that interception was atrocious.

Defense against the run was amazing. We literally get 0 pressure, it’s insane. Hopefully Azeez and Thibodeaux are back soon, because it was hard to watch that pass rush.

First win on opening day since 2016. Good day today against a pretty good team.

Reaction Score
Saquon looking to have an Aaron Judge type of season, just give him help and knock on wood he stays healthy.

Reaction Score
Saquon was amazing. Looked like rookie year Saquon. DJ is what he is, pretty terrible pocket presence, and that interception was atrocious.

Defense against the run was amazing. We literally get 0 pressure, it’s insane. Hopefully Azeez and Thibodeaux are back soon, because it was hard to watch that pass rush.

First win on opening day since 2016. Good day today against a pretty good team.
Yes we badly need Azeez and Thibs back but can't rush them back, maybe they miss the first month, which would suck but you dont want them to have any season nagging injuries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom