2022 Giants Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Reaction Score
Sounds like Dorsey is coming with him. The hope is they can develop Jones, obviously won’t turn him into Allen, but keeping him consistent and putting him a position to succeed is all we can ask for right now.

I do know players love Daboll, both in New England and Buffalo, who knows if he will be great or awful but getting the syngergy with schoen is a huge thing and something the Giants have lacked for a very long time.
Is Dorsey coming? I'd love that and hope it happens but thought I read he was gonna replace Daboll as OC in Buffalo

Reaction Score
Sounds like Dorsey is coming with him. The hope is they can develop Jones, obviously won’t turn him into Allen, but keeping him consistent and putting him a position to succeed is all we can ask for right now.

I do know players love Daboll, both in New England and Buffalo, who knows if he will be great or awful but getting the syngergy with schoen is a huge thing and something the Giants have lacked for a very long time.
Turning Jones into Ryan Tannehill is more realistic.

Reaction Score
Is Dorsey coming? I'd love that and hope it happens but thought I read he was gonna replace Daboll as OC in Buffalo
Nothing confirmed but reports are it’s likely to be Dorsey as OC and Wink as DC.

Reaction Score
Stick to your sweet simulations.
How is turning Jones into Ryan Tannehill with an oline and offensive weapons around him a bad thing it’s not as if we’re a qb away from being a super bowl team like the Titans.

How was my comparison with Tannehill remotely trolling. Your stick to your simulations response is pathetic and lazy, it means you can’t engage in a conversation this is a message board btw.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How is turning Jones into Ryan Tannehill with an oline and offensive weapons around him a bad thing it’s not as if we’re a qb away from being a super bowl team like the Titans.

How was my comparison with Tannehill remotely trolling. Your stick to your simulations response is pathetic and lazy, it means you can’t engage in a conversation this is a message board btw.
Ryan Tannehill stinks. Jones is a better talent than him by a mile. Tannehill had one good year, if you look at his epas and other advance metrics he’s a bad quarterback. It’s like saying you hope he can be turned into Jalen Hurts.

Reaction Score
Ryan Tannehill stinks. Jones is a better talent than him by a mile. Tannehill had one good year, if you look at his epas and other advance metrics he’s a bad quarterback. It’s like saying you hope he can be turned into Jalen Hurts.

I’m not hoping he’s Tannehill saying put Jones in position to succeed and then see where he’s at. He is more talented with similar mobility as Tannehill, not expecting Jones to be Josh Allen so what exactly are you expecting.

Reaction Score
There was tons of speculation that Trubisky would follow Daboll when he signed that cheap deal last off-season. I can’t imagine bringing him on if they are high on Jones.

Reaction Score
There was tons of speculation that Trubisky would follow Daboll when he signed that cheap deal last off-season. I can’t imagine bringing him on if they are high on Jones.
I’d love to bring tribusky in as a back up. Jones hasn’t proven he can play 17 games and it’s a chance for Tribusky to potentially get some playing time to hopefully get another chance somewhere.

Reaction Score
I’m not hoping he’s Tannehill saying put Jones in position to succeed and then see where he’s at. He is more talented with similar mobility as Tannehill, not expecting Jones to be Josh Allen so what exactly are you expecting.
As I said, not Josh Allen, but I’m not hoping he develops into Ryan Tannehill, he has a much higher ceiling than that.

Reaction Score
Wow this franchise can’t do 1 thing right, apparently Bill Belichick texted the wrong Brian.

Reaction Score
He could start for plenty of teams of which have a good offensive line and an offense that isn’t predictable. He’s far from THE problem on this team. No other QB has to run for his life every game like he has throughout his young career. Not saying he’s great but he hasn’t been on a team that’s been any good at all.
Wrong. He is the problem -not the line. Miami had the worst line in the league. Tua rode them to a 500 record.

Reaction Score
Wrong. He is the problem -not the line. Miami had the worst line in the league. Tua rode them to a 500 record.
Tua is dreadful a pop gun arm. You’re wrong I take Jones all day in potential alone at least he can throw a rope.

Reaction Score

Duggan's recipe:
  1. Cut veterans to create cap space. Rudolph and Dixon are the obvious candidates while Shepherd, Slayton, Gates, Booker and Smith his pay cut candidates.
  2. Lower Martinez's cap hit. His argument is that Martinez's ACL injury will make him less desirable on the open market, so if the Giants convince him to reduce his salary to 4 million, it'll save the Giants 4.5 million in cap.
  3. Trade Bradberry. For cap reasons. Darius Slay netted the Lions a 3rd and 5th.
  4. Trade Saquon Barkley. Would save the Giants 7.2 million and the Giants would get a one-year head start on finding their next running back(s) (no more bell cows) since extending Barkley would be stupid.
  5. Let most free agents walk. Engram is his #1 candidate. Lorenzo Carter is a curious case.
  6. Sign some veteran offensive linemen. Finding a solid guard shouldn't break the bank.
  7. Sign a quality backup QB. Trubinsky, Dalton, T. Taylor, Brissett, Mariota are all candidates
  8. Trade the #5 pick. For example, if the Broncos trade up from #9 for a QB, that would net an additional 1st round pick
  9. Draft an OL with the first pick. Neal, Ekwonu, Cross...
  10. Fifth-year options: Don't give to Jones (21.4 M) but give to Lawrence (10 M).
What do you all think?

I can be on board with all of these. Obviously, 3 and 8 depend on interest.

Reaction Score
I mean all good ideas but too much will certainly put us in the area to be a very bad team yet again. Bradberry is solid would like to keep him. Carter showed late signs of potential to get to the QB and they missed Martinez a ton, a tackle machine.

Tough job for the new GM no doubt.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I mean all good ideas but too much will certainly put us in the area to be a very bad team yet again. Bradberry is solid would like to keep him. Carter showed late signs of potential to get to the QB and they missed Martinez a ton, a tackle machine.

Tough job for the new GM no doubt.
I agree I don't think the focus should be on those players on defense. Supposedly Gettleman wanted Hog Mollies and to surround Jones with players - he did neither but the O line and TE, and WRs are the biggest problem

Reaction Score
Duggan's recipe:
  1. Cut veterans to create cap space. Rudolph and Dixon are the obvious candidates while Shepherd, Slayton, Gates, Booker and Smith his pay cut candidates. - Yes to all but Slayton
  2. Lower Martinez's cap hit. His argument is that Martinez's ACL injury will make him less desirable on the open market, so if the Giants convince him to reduce his salary to 4 million, it'll save the Giants 4.5 million in cap. - Yes and if he doesn't accept, cut
  3. Trade Bradberry. For cap reasons. Darius Slay netted the Lions a 3rd and 5th. - Try and trade him, if not cut
  4. Trade Saquon Barkley. Would save the Giants 7.2 million and the Giants would get a one-year head start on finding their next running back(s) (no more bell cows) since extending Barkley would be stupid. - Doubt anyone takes him but yes
  5. Let most free agents walk. Engram is his #1 candidate. Lorenzo Carter is a curious case. - See ya
  6. Sign some veteran offensive linemen. Finding a solid guard shouldn't break the bank. - Top priority in FA and the draft
  7. Sign a quality backup QB. Trubinsky, Dalton, T. Taylor, Brissett, Mariota are all candidates - Any would do, I expect Trubisky
  8. Trade the #5 pick. For example, if the Broncos trade up from #9 for a QB, that would net an additional 1st round pick - Always trade down, especially if Neal or Ekonwu are gone
  9. Draft an OL with the first pick. Neal, Ekwonu, Cross... - See above
  10. Fifth-year options: Don't give to Jones (21.4 M) but give to Lawrence (10 M). - Most straightforward of the choices here

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Giant fans need to start flying the banner planes again.

Reaction Score
The Giants signed Tyrod Taylor who played in Buffalo. Everyone will paint this a signing a backup, but he knows the offense and my guess is that Jones might not start on opening day

Reaction Score
The Giants signed Tyrod Taylor who played in Buffalo. Everyone will paint this a signing a backup, but he knows the offense and my guess is that Jones might not start on opening day

Taylor is a back up. Jones will start unless an injury creates a different situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom