2022 Giants Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Reaction Score
I highly doubt Jones will be a Giant in 2023, so Taylor is a very good backup for this year and for whichever QB the Giants draft in ‘23, if they go that route.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I highly doubt Jones will be a Giant in 2023, so Taylor is a very good backup for this year and for whichever QB the Giants draft in ‘23, if they go that route.
It does seem that way. Jones is on a one year opportunity to show off what he can do. Taylor is solid enough to back him up, step up due to injury and mentor a 1st round draft choice

Reaction Score
TE Ricky Sesls Jones signed. Nice pick up for the G Men

Reaction Score
Less than two weeks away from the draft and I’m feeling really good about the Giants set up.

I’d like to trade one of the picks for a ‘23 1st and more, but if we keep both picks there’s a lot to like: OTs, pass-rushers and Gardner.

Reaction Score
Less than two weeks away from the draft and I’m feeling really good about the Giants set up.

I’d like to trade one of the picks for a ‘23 1st and more, but if we keep both picks there’s a lot to like: OTs, pass-rushers and Gardner.
We can’t just keep trading back. Two top 7 picks, keep them, unless you’re trading back this draft a few picks for a team that really wants something.

For instance, maybe try to trade the 7th for a ~13th and a 2023 first rounder

Reaction Score
My dream scenario is getting Ekwonu and Neal at 5 and 7, but I'm sure 1 will be gone. So one of those 2 and Gardner is what I expect

Reaction Score
No matter what happens I finally like the guy we have drafting. I feel like he would hit two homers staying at 5 and 7.
I also trust him trading back for the right price. This sounds like a deep draft even if it is not too heavy with QBs.
I remember Schoen saying he had already done his homework on the first four rounds before he arrived. Also like him prying the personnel guy from Philly which had all the Eagles front office riled up.

Reaction Score
Bradberry to Eagles of course lol, whatever gotta worry about building our team and not what other teams do.
Definitely hurts for this year but I think Schoen has done a good job of resetting the cap and making sure they're in the best spot for 2023 and on when they're ready to start competing

Reaction Score
Definitely hurts for this year but I think Schoen has done a good job of resetting the cap and making sure they're in the best spot for 2023 and on when they're ready to start competing

Very fair take. Overall, this offseason has been devoid of 'what in the heck are they thinking?' moves, which were prevalent over the last nearly decade or so.

Reaction Score
if you take a look at the giants organization now in terms of the future compared to 6 months ago it’s like night and day.
They put together a good draft class while keeping a lot of payroll flexibility next year and beyond. Only one way to go.

Reaction Score
Gettlemen left them in a bad way place financially they’re doing what they can and need to. Like the management or at least the feel they have for building it the right way.

Reaction Score
It does seem that way. Jones is on a one year opportunity to show off what he can do. Taylor is solid enough to back him up, step up due to injury and mentor a 1st round draft choice
He's been here for three years winning 3, 5, and 4 games. He's had his opportunity. He will never be a top echelon QB. Mediocre is his ceiling.

Reaction Score
He's been here for three years winning 3, 5, and 4 games. He's had his opportunity. He will never be a top echelon QB. Mediocre is his ceiling.

He’s been on a dreadful team with a dreadful offensive line put together by a dreadful GM. While I’m not saying he’s the answer I still believe he deserves a chance. Get it done now or he’s out.

Reaction Score
The blame rises to the owners. John Mara is just a continuation of Wellington Mara. They own a valuable property and deserve credit as able businessmen. But if the wiring in their home shorts out they call in someone who knows what to do. But John, like Wellington (and many other owners) thought they were just as good as any GM or coach and hired men to take the blame for their bad decisions and the media today, like the media in the 70's, played the game of blaming the coaches while knowing that the problem was higher up.

But there now is a light of hope for Giant fans. Tisch, like Tim Mara in the early 80's, has told his partner to step aside and let professionals run things. In the past the result was Taylor and Banks and 2 super bowls. But more importantly it was a reason to look forward to Sunday afternoon.

The Giants couldn't have had better 1st round picks if the league had let them just pick the 2 they wanted. Almost as if it was set up. The biggest clue to a REAL change in NY is that the new GM and head coach would never have taken the job unless they had control. So no more John Mara deciding who the draft picks will be and no more Chris Mara and his cronies being in charge of player personnel.

This team is going to be fun to watch. No more 3 yard completions on 3rd and 9. The mistakes will be numerous. It's an entirely new system. But there will be a lot of big plays too, on both sides of the ball. Early on opponents may get easy TD's on blown coverage but I expect interceptions and TFL's to go up dramatically.

If the Giants' offensive line just become average it will be a huge improvement.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The blame rises to the owners. John Mara is just a continuation of Wellington Mara. They own a valuable property and deserve credit as able businessmen. But if the wiring in their home shorts out they call in someone who knows what to do. But John, like Wellington (and many other owners) thought they were just as good as any GM or coach and hired men to take the blame for their bad decisions and the media today, like the media in the 70's, played the game of blaming the coaches while knowing that the problem was higher up.

But there now is a light of hope for Giant fans. Tisch, like Tim Mara in the early 80's, has told his partner to step aside and let professionals run things. In the past the result was Taylor and Banks and 2 super bowls. But more importantly it was a reason to look forward to Sunday afternoon.

The Giants couldn't have had better 1st round picks if the league had let them just pick the 2 they wanted. Almost as if it was set up. The biggest clue to a REAL change in NY is that the new GM and head coach would never have taken the job unless they had control. So no more John Mara deciding who the draft picks will be and no more Chris Mara and his cronies being in charge of player personnel.

This team is going to be fun to watch. No more 3 yard completions on 3rd and 9. The mistakes will be numerous. It's an entirely new system. But there will be a lot of big plays too, on both sides of the ball. Early on opponents may get easy TD's on blown coverage but I expect interceptions and TFL's to go up dramatically.

If the Giants' offensive line just become average it will be a huge improvement.
That is why I still think Jones will have a good year. In my opinion he has shown a lot with a terrible line. Speaking of short yardage, Jones was able to pick up the first down when scrambling. He scored more than Manning himself. Everyone is saying he has one year to show what he can do. I though he did well while running for his life. Name another team where their QB had to scramble as much as him. Manning the same thing. Okay, Jones has thrown ill advised passes. However everyone jumps off the couch when it's 3rd and goal from the 3, and scampers in for the TD. Let's wait and see. Many fans know it's the OL. So, which is it. Daniel one more year or one more year for the OL. Take your pick.

Reaction Score
That is why I still think Jones will have a good year. In my opinion he has shown a lot with a terrible line. Speaking of short yardage, Jones was able to pick up the first down when scrambling. He scored more than Manning himself. Everyone is saying he has one year to show what he can do. I though he did well while running for his life. Name another team where their QB had to scramble as much as him. Manning the same thing. Okay, Jones has thrown ill advised passes. However everyone jumps off the couch when it's 3rd and goal from the 3, and scampers in for the TD. Let's wait and see. Many fans know it's the OL. So, which is it. Daniel one more year or one more year for the OL. Take your pick.
People say he has 1 more year to prove it because he does. They declined his 5th year option and he's a FA after this year. If he doesn't show any progress he's gone, and even if he does he's still probably gone

Reaction Score
People say he has 1 more year to prove it because he does. They declined his 5th year option and he's a FA after this year. If he doesn't show any progress he's gone, and even if he does he's still probably gone
Fair take.

At this point, I've moved on from the hope that Daniel Jones will be a long-term solution for the Giants at QB.

My hope for him (or any Giants QB) this season is to play well enough to allow an honest run game, help the development of our young OLs and receivers and tip the time of possession closer to the Giants' favor in order to help keep the defense from playing exhausted multiple weeks in a row.

Even if we draft the next franchise quarterback in the 2023 draft, it's fair to expect average-at-best QB play for the next two or three seasons.

Reaction Score
If the team develops the way I think then an average NFL QB can win the super bowl. The defense will emerge to be one of the best in the league and all of the Giants' SB's were won by the defense.

The NFC East was weak. I don't think the Giants were eliminated until December. I think the Giants win the division this year.

Reaction Score
Fair take.

At this point, I've moved on from the hope that Daniel Jones will be a long-term solution for the Giants at QB.

My hope for him (or any Giants QB) this season is to play well enough to allow an honest run game, help the development of our young OLs and receivers and tip the time of possession closer to the Giants' favor in order to help keep the defense from playing exhausted multiple weeks in a row.

Even if we draft the next franchise quarterback in the 2023 draft, it's fair to expect average-at-best QB play for the next two or three seasons.

I hope the run game gets strong enough to help our QB develop as well. I mean the OLine has been beyond awful so I’m not sure if Barkley or Jones are any good how could we know? Will Sheppard play more than 9-10 games, will Galladay work hard enough to get open? How about Slayton what happened to him last year, disappeared. Jones isn’t the only question mark he’s just one of many due to the years of Gettelmans disappointing management. Let’s hope they have people in place to begin to bring Big Blue back to some relevance.

Reaction Score
It starts tonight versus New England. A battle of mega-teams for the hearts of Connecticut fans.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The offense supposedly has a lot of pre-snap motion and will setup in numerous formations. My concern here, especially with a line that has really no starters who have played together is that we will see a ton of false start, illegal motion and illegal formation penalties early in the season.

If the learning curve can be shortened (and a handful of vital players avoid injuries) the offense can be very good by mid October. Of we lose a key player or two, this will be a building year.

I have one huge concern on defense; allegedly our starting defense had two DL's, two edge rushers, two LB's, three CB's and two safeties. A decent offense may be able to run on us at will with that formation. I hope Wink/Daboll are planning to at least start the games with a more traditional front seven.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom