2022 Giants Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Reaction Score
I posted this a month ago.

The blame rises to the owners. John Mara is just a continuation of Wellington Mara. They own a valuable property and deserve credit as able businessmen. But if the wiring in their home shorts out they call in someone who knows what to do. But John, like Wellington (and many other owners) thought they were just as good as any GM or coach and hired men to take the blame for their bad decisions and the media today, like the media in the 70's, played the game of blaming the coaches while knowing that the problem was higher up.

But there now is a light of hope for Giant fans. Tisch, like Tim Mara in the early 80's, has told his partner to step aside and let professionals run things. In the past the result was Taylor and Banks and 2 super bowls. But more importantly it was a reason to look forward to Sunday afternoon.

The Giants couldn't have had better 1st round picks if the league had let them just pick the 2 they wanted. Almost as if it was set up. The biggest clue to a REAL change in NY is that the new GM and head coach would never have taken the job unless they had control. So no more John Mara deciding who the draft picks will be and no more Chris Mara and his cronies being in charge of player personnel.

This team is going to be fun to watch. No more 3 yard completions on 3rd and 9. The mistakes will be numerous. It's an entirely new system. But there will be a lot of big plays too, on both sides of the ball. Early on opponents may get easy TD's on blown coverage but I expect interceptions and TFL's to go up dramatically.

If the Giants' offensive line just become average it will be a huge improvement.

Today we saw the beginning of a new era, much like the early 80's when George Young replaced Wellington Mara as GM. They will screw up plays like they did today but the enthusiasm today reminded me of the Parcells era, the last time the HC had full control of his players.
The Giants' depth is where they are vulnerable. I'll be happy if they just show energy this year and today was very encouraging.

Reaction Score
Barkley was taking on tacklers more than I remember. In the past he would try and spin out of every tackle. He was good at it but that is how runners get hurt, as a defender hits them low when they are vulnerable. Today it seemed that when it was a defensive back he just put his shoulder into them and took what he could get. I was thrilled to see him get some seams to run through today and looked awesome.

Reaction Score
People here will still hammer DJ but he was good, solid minus that awful interception. But did anyone watch Joe Burrow, Dak or others have much worst games?

Barkley was tremendous whole different runner yesterday. Maybe pure health finally, looked more explosive again.

Anyway good day when the GMen win while the Pats and Boys lose. Hasn’t happened a lot lately!

Reaction Score
People here will still hammer DJ but he was good, solid minus that awful interception. But did anyone watch Joe Burrow, Dak or others have much worst games?

Barkley was tremendous whole different runner yesterday. Maybe pure health finally, looked more explosive again.

Anyway good day when the GMen win while the Pats and Boys lose. Hasn’t happened a lot lately!
Have you watched Burrow lead his team to the super bowl in his sophomore season, 1 yeah our of a torn acl?

Or Dak be consistently a top-10 QB?

C’mon, DJ is not comparable. That interception was atrocious and his pocket presence is still pretty poor. Other than that he was okay.

Still rarely surpasses 200 passing yards.

Reaction Score
Have you watched Burrow lead his team to the super bowl in his sophomore season, 1 yeah our of a torn acl?

Or Dak be consistently a top-10 QB?

C’mon, DJ is not comparable. That interception was atrocious and his pocket presence is still pretty poor. Other than that he was okay.

Still rarely surpasses 200 passing yards.

Did you see the teams they play for? Please they’ve had OLines and players the Giants have absolutely sucked all around. He’s not them but given a decent surrounding he will be fine. The kids been on teams that are horrific managed by a dweeb.

Like I said his interception was atrocious so was Burrows. Take it as you like, he played as they asked him to. At no time did that offense Sunday warrant throwing for 200 that’s not on him. Just continue to hate i’ll Continue to root for the kid.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

Been with DJ from the start. Did he prove himself yesterday? I think he did. He had control of the offense. Only difference I saw was when he scampers, he slides feet first. Before it was straight ahead. This game sparked some serious enthusiasm. Winning first game, Barkley with a best since his rookie year. Daniel throwing a bomb. Get rid of that monkey off his back of only throwing short. Still the OL caved which he had to run for his life. Which btw, he has had plenty of practice.

Reaction Score
Did you see the teams they play for? Please they’ve had OLines and players the Giants have absolutely sucked all around. He’s not them but given a decent surrounding he will be fine. The kids been on teams that are horrific managed by a dweeb.

Like I said his interception was atrocious so was Burrows. Take it as you like, he played as they asked him to. At no time did that offense Sunday warrant throwing for 200 that’s not on him. Just continue to hate i’ll Continue to root for the kid.
I will always root for him. He’s the Quarterback of my favorite team, had been dealt a very bad hand with coaches and personnel, and has been an upstanding person off the field.

He also hasn’t shown much of being a leader, or too much improvement overall. His decision making has gotten better, but he still makes bonehead plays (like the interception) far too often. His pocket presence is still quite poor, he doesn’t feel pressure well at all. He must have the record for most fumbles to begin a career. I don’t understand why he can’t just throw the ball away sometimes.

Those two paragraphs aren’t mutually exclusive, they can exist together. There is a reason his 5th year option wasn’t picked up, but there is a reason he’s getting another chance. He has the tools, just hasn’t utilized them enough for anyone to believe he’s the future at this point.

Reaction Score
Been with DJ from the start. Did he prove himself yesterday? I think he did. He had control of the offense. Only difference I saw was when he scampers, he slides feet first. Before it was straight ahead. This game sparked some serious enthusiasm. Winning first game, Barkley with a best since his rookie year. Daniel throwing a bomb. Get rid of that monkey off his back of only throwing short. Still the OL caved which he had to run for his life. Which btw, he has had plenty of practice.
Yeah he definitely proved himself, just not in the way you think. He had a pretty awful game and they won in spite of him. He's in year 4 and is still making the same mistakes and terrible decisions as he did year 1

Reaction Score
this game showed that Daboll is a winner and the players respect that and not only that it will give them more confidence going up against teams that are supposedly better than them. they will compete harder because they know the coach is with them all the way. Just a tremendous call by Daboll that is changing the culture of the team

Reaction Score
Nathaniel hackett on the other hand chose to try a ridiculous long field goal instead of letting his accolade loaded quarterback determine the outcome of the game. I seem to think that Russell Wilson is capable of making a 4th and 5 play to get them closer to a field goal. terrible game management by Hackett.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Yeah he definitely proved himself, just not in the way you think. He had a pretty awful game and they won in spite of him. He's in year 4 and is still making the same mistakes and terrible decisions as he did year 1
It's clear you just don't like the kid. Again, the line failed a couple of times. Yes he fumbled being blindsided. Stupid interception. Threw a nice pass and got the running game going. So, enlighten me, what mistakes as the same as last year.

Reaction Score
It's clear you just don't like the kid. Again, the line failed a couple of times. Yes he fumbled being blindsided. Stupid interception. Threw a nice pass and got the running game going. So, enlighten me, what mistakes as the same as last year.
You can read through all the previous Giants threads, I've been the biggest Jones defender and have said he can be the future QB. I still hope he can be the answer and wouldn't completely write him off.

He had very little pocket presence, and I'm not even counting the fumble which wasn't his fault. He missed a wide open David Sills for what should have been an easy TD, and then under threw Richie James who was wide open on a big 3rd down. And you glossed over the INT but that's a throw that a QB in year 4 just absolutely cannot make at that time and score of the game, if the Titans weren't inept that ends the game. But it's 1 week so hopefully he shows something next week

Reaction Score
this game showed that Daboll is a winner and the players respect that and not only that it will give them more confidence going up against teams that are supposedly better than them. they will compete harder because they know the coach is with them all the way. Just a tremendous call by Daboll that is changing the culture of the team

Hey let's be honest as Giants fans. I would have been happy even if they didn't get in. Why, because inevitably we expect them to give up that FG because there's so much time left and how many games have we lost in the last 2 years in that same situation. Tie or take the lead late but too much time on the clock and the prevent defense gives up gobs of yards until the other team kicks a FG with time running out.

He had the balls to take the lead rather than tie, and that made the FG even tougher mentally for the kicker right? I mean a tie and he misses no one cares, get the ball back in OT and try again or get a TD. This he had to make or the L in on him, well look what happened. A damn miracle in our world for sure LOL.

Reaction Score
Hey let's be honest as Giants fans. I would have been happy even if they didn't get in. Why, because inevitably we expect them to give up that FG because there's so much time left and how many games have we lost in the last 2 years in that same situation. Tie or take the lead late but too much time on the clock and the prevent defense gives up gobs of yards until the other team kicks a FG with time running out.

He had the balls to take the lead rather than tie, and that made the FG even tougher mentally for the kicker right? I mean a tie and he misses no one cares, get the ball back in OT and try again or get a TD. This he had to make or the L in on him, well look what happened. A damn miracle in our world for sure LOL.
I mentioned that in my post, but for some reason the last few paragraphs didn't go through. I said even if they got the field goal it was a win for Daboll going for the 2 points and you are correct it put pressure on Bullock to make the field goal so they wouldn't lose to the lowly Giants. Voila..2 point conversion did its job.

Reaction Score
Same story literally every game for Jones. He is so scared. He never completes a ball over 5 yards down the field. I really don’t know how people watch him and think he is the franchise guy.

2 drives starting inside Carolina 40 and can’t get the team in the end zone.

Reaction Score
Same story literally every game for Jones. He is so scared. He never completes a ball over 5 yards down the field. I really don’t know how people watch him and think he is the franchise guy.

2 drives starting inside Carolina 40 and can’t get the team in the end zone.

Wow you have to be a hater for this take Cardiac. He has NO time absolutely zero most of the time. Last week when he completed 80% of his passes he was rushed on his throws 18 of 26 with 5 sacks. It’s no different today except they aren’t even run blocking. Not at all on him. Pretty hard to throw it down field when you can’t block that’s for sure.

And Barkley with a dance again please just take the 2 or 3 not sideways.

Reaction Score
Wow you have to be a hater for this take Cardiac. He has NO time absolutely zero most of the time. Last week when he completed 80% of his passes he was rushed on his throws 18 of 26 with 5 sacks. It’s no different today except they aren’t even run blocking. Not at all on him. Pretty hard to throw it down field when you can’t block that’s for sure.

His fault again horrible play call on 2nd down and then a hold because they couldn’t block the pass rush.

Thank God for Gano let’s see what the defense can do.

Reaction Score

That’s always the excuse though, he has no time. He’s had time today. His statline today is his statline virtually every game. This game he didn’t turn it over which is great.

We got the win. The defense stepped up big time, and Gano killed it. But getting into the endzone once and relying on your kicker isn’t gonna do it most days.

Reaction Score
Jones didnt lose this game made good decisions today, 2-0 lets bring on the cowturds.

Reaction Score
That’s always the excuse though, he has no time. He’s had time today. His statline today is his statline virtually every game. This game he didn’t turn it over which is great.

We got the win. The defense stepped up big time, and Gano killed it. But getting into the endzone once and relying on your kicker isn’t gonna do it most days.

Not on him his stat line to you is like your take on him, always the same. And the truth is the kids never had a good line period it’s not a fib.

Reaction Score
Not on him his stat line to you is like your take on him, always the same. And the truth is the kids never had a good line period it’s not a fib.
This isn’t that bad of an offensive line man. Jones concedes too easily and locks on plays, so he doesn’t often have the ability to move in the pocket well.

Literally just look at his last 9 games. The most yards he’s passed for is 242. In that span he averages 179 yards/game. 9 touchdowns, 7 interceptions in that time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom