2022 Giants Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Reaction Score
Dexter Lawrence is a beast , should have Leonard Williams back next week as he was a game time decision yesterday.
Need one of, if not both Wandale and Toney back. We're gonna struggler to keep up with Baltimore's offense.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Danny engineered great drives. He ran for first downs, run for touchdowns, now throwing the ball long. Imagine a year or two for now. Let's not forget the defense. Holding the Packers scoreless in the second half?????Who does that.
I do worry though about running QBs, they don't have Tom Brady's lifespan

Reaction Score
I do worry though about running QBs, they don't have Tom Brady's lifespan
It's a valid concern and why any discussion about signing Daniel Jones is way premature to have right now. If he's not healthy at the end of the season again it's very difficult to see a scenario where he's back on a long term deal

Reaction Score
When we get Williams and the young defensive end whose name I can’t spell back the defensive line will be a real strength.
I like the way Thibodeau has been looking.

And don’t bet against Martindale against his former team. He will burning the midnight oil trying to beat Baltimore.

Reaction Score
Looks like we made out better hiring Judge over Rhule, here’s why. If we hired Rhule he’s likely here in year 3 which means Daboll would’ve been hired by another team. Judge was so bad that it was an easier fire l and not mention we didn’t stupid money at him.
Throw stupid money at him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So, are Giants' fans believers in this team? Seem to have a knack in close games, but have played some pretty bad teams.

Reaction Score
So, are Giants' fans believers in this team? Seem to have a knack in close games, but have played some pretty bad teams.
Not really. Definitely a believer in the coaching staff and I wouldn't rule out them sneaking into the playoffs like the Bills did year 1 under Brandon Beane/Sean McDermott. But I'd still expect them to be trading away more pieces than they bring in at the trade deadline and focusing on being a legitimately good team next year

Reaction Score
The receiving core stinks but I expect the defense to get better and better and if healthy they may have the best back in football. There's enough talent to make a pretty good run this year with this staff, IMO.

Packers and Titans certainly aren't bad teams.

Reaction Score
A win against the Ravens would substantially increase my expectations. Lamar and Andrews are matchup nightmares. If we could limit them and get a win, that would be incredible.

Reaction Score
I’m definetly a believer in Daboll, Jones and Barkley look like they have turned a corner in their career and look more determined then ever.

We’re winning games in the trenches as both lines have improved, that’s key because we are gonna be out gunned this year. The pass rush should be much improved once Leonard Williams is back.

One game at a time we’ll see what happens. This team is fun to watch now if they lose they will go down swinging.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The receiving core stinks but I expect the defense to get better and better and if healthy they may have the best back in football. There's enough talent to make a pretty good run this year with this staff, IMO.

Packers and Titans certainly aren't bad teams.
The Packers aren't good even if not quite bad. Most overrated team in the NFL. Titans are mediocre. Dallas is good. The Jets might be mediocre instead of bad though.

Tough division though. Has been many years since that's been true in the NFC East.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I happen to be a believer with a caveat.

I personally felt for some time that the talent was better than what many experts had been claiming and with the right coaching and a reasonable draft, we could make a run at a winning record this season. The draft (although we won't see as much early results as I would have liked) was (at a minimum) good and the coaching overall has been far better than I could have hoped. We've been bitten by the injury bug and that may show very soon.

I believe that we got lucky with Green Bay giving up on the running game as early as they did and I worry every time we throw a two man defensive front (with two OLBs as DEs) on any down where the opponent can check to a run. That killed us against Dallas and will hurt us down the road, possibly many times. If we run primarily a three man front (once William's is back) on first and second downs, I will sleep a lot easier.

One huge concern is still the OL. The interior three are a problem (Feliciano and Glowinski are much worse than I expected) and there lack of competence has made it more difficult to assist Neal (who in time will be very good). This needs to be addressed this offseason.

I've believed for some time that with NFL caliber linemen and weapons, Jones can be a quality QB. I also have believed from day one that Barkley is a weapon that few teams ever possess. He needs to remain healthy. My gut tells me that both have the new regime reassessing how they will move forward as it is my guess that they initially had no plans on holding on to either for the entire season (would have traded Barkley for any reasonable offer and Jones for any offer).

With the schedule ahead, some improved health and some development from younger players, ten or eleven wins is a possibility this year.

Reaction Score
Not sure how it will end but the fact they are 4-1 proves the direction by management is finally better. I mean in the past few years those Giants teams falling behind the Pack 17-3 would’ve chased points and lost by 3-4 TDs easy. They haven’t beaten great teams and lost to the best one they played but that was winnable as well. They’re doing it with smoke and mirrors seeing both lines are thin, defensive backfield is nameless and they have no receivers with supreme talent.

I’m thinking 8-9 wins but if they get healthy and kids get better you never know. The main thing is they are in much better hands moving forward!

Ravens are a handful, let’s see.

Reaction Score
Next offseason we are third in the NFL in cap space. The off-season after we are second. Schoen has done a good job of taking bad hits on cuts and dead cap space as soon as possible.

With the GM we have and the coaching staff we have we are in prime position to make huge jumps in talent infusion with this roster over the next two years.

The future looks bright.

Reaction Score
A win against the Ravens would substantially increase my expectations. Lamar and Andrews are matchup nightmares. If we could limit them and get a win, that would be incredible.
Tucker scares the hell out of me too, Ravens at midfield are already in FG range. It’s gonna be a tough ass game. Gonna have to win TOP.

Reaction Score
Tucker scares the hell out of me too, Ravens at midfield are already in FG range. It’s gonna be a tough ass game. Gonna have to win TOP.
He's probably the best player in the NFL. Just Kickers/Punters, etc. aren't ever thought in the same breath as the skill position players. He is so head and shoulders above any Kicker that has ever played.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom