2022 Giants Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Reaction Score
Wow, that was frightening.

That's my quarterback...

Justin Penik on Twitter: "A very vocal Daniel Jones today + a nice moment between him and Daboll after the TD https://post original url/zxRknr1sJT" / Twitter

Reaction Score
Daniel Jones MVP screw you stat nerds and he doesn’t get preferential treatment by the officials and that’s ok Daniel Jones doesn’t need to wear a dress old school NYG tough, he gets right back up with a bloody hand and a turned ankle, and down 2 lineman.

Reaction Score
It’s so much fun watching Dexter Lawrence tackle QBs.

Also, Fabian Moreau is the next great Giants veteran safety.

Reaction Score
Made it way more difficult than it needed to be with some bad decisions by Saquon and the refs. But a win is a win

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Wow, that was frightening.

That's my quarterback...

Justin Penik on Twitter: "A very vocal Daniel Jones today + a nice moment between him and Daboll after the TD https://post original url/zxRknr1sJT" / Twitter

I am so happy I stuck with this kid from the start. I knew he brought more to the table than Manning. Manning was the man. I got bashed in here. Well I am sure you agree that he is going be around. I believe by a couple of yards he topped Barkley. How many first downs did himself get. With Manning although good we had terrible 3rd down %'s. Plus Danny is proving people wrong on his throwing. In addition. What a defense. The secondary of last year and before were pitiful. Couldn't tackle worth a "you know what" Now they are stopping teams from scoring, from the one!!!!I am a new man because of this team.

Reaction Score
Don't mind the return. I was holding out hope Kadarius could show what he did for that stretch last year, but he really didn't seem to care and his hamstrings are made of silly putty. We really should be targeting Jeudy/DJ Moore now.

Reaction Score
Don't mind the return. I was holding out hope Kadarius could show what he did for that stretch last year, but he really didn't seem to care and his hamstrings are made of silly putty. We really should be targeting Jeudy/DJ Moore now.
I'm hoping for a Jeudy trade, expecting something much smaller like Nelson Agholor. DJ Moore I'd like but a $20-25M cap hit the next 3 years seems tough to fit cap wise

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I headed out to lunch a little more than an hour ago to run errands (pickup the last of the supplied for Saturday's tailgate) and the local station stated 'a connected insider says the Giants are about to complete a major trade that features a wide receiver'. They then were talking about it possibly being Jeudy, stating Moore was more likely but he may not qualify as 'major'.

When I got back to my car, they were fielding calls from KC fans discussing the trade (I missed the announcement) and it took a little time before enough comments led me to believe it was Toney (with no clue as to the return).

I'm a bit torn by this, not that we removed a malcontent (this is never bad) but that it could be interpreted by others that we rewarded bad behavior.

I have no doubt that Toney's hamstrings will somehow miraculously be cured and I also have no doubt that Toney views this as a reward. I don't mind the return but I think we could have gotten something not far from it in April and I would have preferred letting him know that if his hamstrings aren't ready after the bye week, he's going on season ending IR.

Reaction Score
I headed out to lunch a little more than an hour ago to run errands (pickup the last of the supplied for Saturday's tailgate) and the local station stated 'a connected insider says the Giants are about to complete a major trade that features a wide receiver'. They then were talking about it possibly being Jeudy, stating Moore was more likely but he may not qualify as 'major'.

When I got back to my car, they were fielding calls from KC fans discussing the trade (I missed the announcement) and it took a little time before enough comments led me to believe it was Toney (with no clue as to the return).

I'm a bit torn by this, not that we removed a malcontent (this is never bad) but that it could be interpreted by others that we rewarded bad behavior.

I have no doubt that Toney's hamstrings will somehow miraculously be cured and I also have no doubt that Toney views this as a reward. I don't mind the return but I think we could have gotten something not far from it in April and I would have preferred letting him know that if his hamstrings aren't ready after the bye week, he's going on season ending IR.
You don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Better haul then expected, move on, focus on the guys who want to be there. Also, take the picks now in case you want to make a move this year.

Reaction Score
It sucks that it didn’t pan out with Toney but this trade definetly had to happen, his value was only going to get worse.

What a collosal failure of a pick by Gettleman. Toney and Deandre Baker have to be the biggest 1st rd busts in Giants history and that’s really saying something. Gettleman did have an eye for talent but over valued players, and ignored red flags.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Better haul then expected, move on, focus on the guys who want to be there. Also, take the picks now in case you want to make a move this year.
Not a Giants fan, but he wasn’t playing for you, so it’s seems a good move. Keep improving the overall roster. May help the Chiefs short term, but the bill eventually comes due. Giants are in pretty good shape.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Now that Toney is gone don't turn around and sign Odell - just keep moving on. Giants are 6 and 1 without either

Reaction Score
Now that Toney is gone don't turn around and sign Odell - just keep moving on. Giants are 6 and 1 without either
No brainer. I had a love/hate toss-up w/ Odell and Toney was obviously a bust, but nice to see Robinson give off more of a blue collar, no nonsense vibe a la Sterling Shepherd, Hakeem Nicks, etc.

Reaction Score
Odell is signing with the Rams when he is healthy which is still probably a month away.

Reaction Score
Weird statement, we were also like a 4-5 win team without Odell as well. He would absolutely be an asset.
A guy who has a whopping 67 catches for 40 yards per game over the last 2 seasons and is less than 9 months removed from an ACL, no thanks.

Reaction Score
A guy who has a whopping 67 catches for 40 yards per game over the last 2 seasons and is less than 9 months removed from an ACL, no thanks.
Baker was and is atrocious at football, and Odell was really good down the stretch last season, especially in the playoffs. Players can come back from ACL injuries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom