2022 Giants Thread | Page 26 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Reaction Score
Bottom 5 in qualifying QBs in completion percentage, yards, QBR, TD %. Won't even mention the amount of games he threw for under the oh so important 250 yards. Oh but hey, he was 23rd in EPA Pass Efficiency, so that is pretty cool. You're right, he was great.
Matt Ryan, Heineke, Goff, Big Ben, Mills, Lawrence, Darnold and Zach Wilson beloe him in QBR. By my count that 8(!) below him. Crazy right?

Never said he was great LAST YEAR. Said he was better than DJ, which he was.

Reaction Score
Matt Ryan, Heineke, Goff, Big Ben, Mills, Lawrence, Darnold and Zach Wilson beloe him in QBR. By my count that 8(!) below him. Crazy right?

Never said he was great LAST YEAR. Said he was better than DJ, which he was.
You counted that as well as you counted the 250 yard stat earlier in the year. NFL Most Total Yards By A Qb 2021 | StatMuse.

DJ played 11 games last year, they did play against each other once last year where Hurts put together an all time bad game and the Giants won.

Smart move ignoring everything else in the Hurts post though. Sometimes you just have to hid from the facts.

Reaction Score
You counted that as well as you counted the 250 yard stat earlier in the year. NFL Most Total Yards By A Qb 2021 | StatMuse.

DJ played 11 games last year, they did play against each other once last year where Hurts put together an all time bad game and the Giants won.

Smart move ignoring everything else in the Hurts post though. Sometimes you just have to hid from the facts.
Hide from the facts..Haha!!! You lied in a post and I called you out. May I remind you they also went head to head this year, Hurts had a great game and DJ had an OK at best game.

Hide from the facts though, right?

Reaction Score
Hide from the facts..Haha!!! You lied in a post and I called you out. May I remind you they also went head to head this year, Hurts had a great game and DJ had an OK at best game.

You have a real issue with lying. You were called out on the DJ 250 yard stat being wrong, you owned up to that at least. You lied and said you posted about the Hurts MVP odds before they changed, when in fact you posted four days after the change. You lied about the stacking the box against us. I now provide you a link that you lied about the QB stats. There is not 8 below him. Or maybe you just cannot count. Either way odd behavior.

Correct about this year, but we were talking about last year. Try to keep up.

Let's see if you can put together a thoughtful response to the post about Hurts change over the years and what lead to Hurts having a much better performance this year. Actually, don't, this thread has been derailed enough and having to hold your hand and educate you for the second time this season is getting tiresome. I will just look forward to more of you talking to yourself on here during games with the great insight of "Holmes stinks" over and over.

Go Big Blue.

Reaction Score

Head to head means very little on a match up in football. Let’s say they play as they did but switch teams as their QB, then that’s a fair comparison. Otherwise I will just say wow I can’t believe Hurts was better with the best offensive line in football and the best weapons at WR in the NFC East, not too surprising is it?

Hey Hurts is better, by how much who knows. But our guy is improving dramatically with very little to work with. A shout out to the staff and the management for that as well.

Reaction Score
You have a real issue with lying. You were called out on the DJ 250 yard stat being wrong, you owned up to that at least. You lied and said you posted about the Hurts MVP odds before they changed, when in fact you posted four days after the change. You lied about the stacking the box against us. I now provide you a link that you lied about the QB stats. There is not 8 below him. Or maybe you just cannot count. Either way odd behavior.

Correct about this year, but we were talking about last year. Try to keep up.

Let's see if you can put together a thoughtful response to the post about Hurts change over the years and what lead to Hurts having a much better performance this year. Actually, don't, this thread has been derailed enough and having to hold your hand and educate you for the second time this season is getting tiresome. I will just look forward to more of you talking to yourself on here during games with the great insight of "Holmes stinks" over and over.

Go Big Blue.
8 below him in total QBR. I don’t get it, I even spelled it out for you by listing them. You lied about hurts being bottom 5 in that. You can write a few more paragraphs but the point remains, you lied.

Reaction Score
Head to head means very little on a match up in football. Let’s say they play as they did but switch teams as their QB, then that’s a fair comparison. Otherwise I will just say wow I can’t believe Hurts was better with the best offensive line in football and the best weapons at WR in the NFC East, not too surprising is it?

Hey Hurts is better, by how much who knows. But our guy is improving dramatically with very little to work with. A shout out to the staff and the management for that as well.
If you switch them the Eagles would be worse and the Giants would be better. That’s not a dig, as i’ve stated, and the metrics prove, Hurts is a better QB right now.

Yes, DJ is improving dramatically which is great, but Hurts has been a top 3-5 QB in the league this year.

Reaction Score
If you switch them the Eagles would be worse and the Giants would be better. That’s not a dig, as i’ve stated, and the metrics prove, Hurts is a better QB right now.

Yes, DJ is improving dramatically which is great, but Hurts has been a top 3-5 QB in the league this year.

He wasn't close to top 3-5 last year without making the line the best and bringing in the best receivers, that's a fact. He has improved also, but how much is just him and not his weapons. It's both no doubt, but really an unknown.

And don't you think your "metrics" improve with your weapons improving?

Reaction Score
He wasn't close to top 3-5 last year without making the line the best and bringing in the best receivers, that's a fact. He has improved also, but how much is just him and not his weapons. It's both no doubt, but really an unknown.

And don't you think your "metrics" improve with your weapons improving?
The line was virtually the same as last year. Brandon Brooks retired, they got Cam Jurgens, that’s pretty much it. A lot of the skill positions are the same. They got AJ obviously, and lost Ertz about halfway thru last season. I think Hurts just had a massive improvement, specifically in decision making.

I also don’t think there is much difference in the Giants offensive skillset from last year to this. The run offense is leaps and bounds better for sure. But we didn’t have much talent in the passing game last year either.

Reaction Score
The line was virtually the same as last year. Brandon Brooks retired, they got Cam Jurgens, that’s pretty much it. A lot of the skill positions are the same. They got AJ obviously, and lost Ertz about halfway thru last season. I think Hurts just had a massive improvement, specifically in decision making.

I also don’t think there is much difference in the Giants offensive skillset from last year to this. The run offense is leaps and bounds better for sure. But we didn’t have much talent in the passing game last year either.

OK so in saying that the fact Jones has improved despite is pretty amazing right?

I mean Goedert is pretty damn good at TE so they aren't missing Ertz. They're line improved with experience and solid pros we still have a mishmash of guys from 2nd string elsewhere to taxi squad. I mean they're playing pretty well nonetheless I am not complaining but not the same world. Again not arguing Jones is as good, just trying to keep it relative.

Reaction Score
OK so in saying that the fact Jones has improved despite is pretty amazing right?

I mean Goedert is pretty damn good at TE so they aren't missing Ertz. They're line improved with experience and solid pros we still have a mishmash of guys from 2nd string elsewhere to taxi squad. I mean they're playing pretty well nonetheless I am not complaining but not the same world. Again not arguing Jones is as good, just trying to keep it relative.
They had Goedert as well last year. I understand another year for the players, but the Eagles really had one major change which was Brown, who is obviously tremendous. But the offense wasn’t completely revamped.

Reaction Score
Again another example of what this staff brings to the table, playing tough with your backups against an eagles team that thought they had to win to stay #1.

Love the future of this organization. We are in great hands

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Our scrubs gave the Eagle's first stringers all they could handle. And that was after a silly fake FG and a senseless on side kick to start the second half.

If we get that far, we can beat this team.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Our scrubs gave the Eagle's first stringers all they could handle. And that was after a silly fake FG and a senseless on side kick to start the second half.

Reaction Score

Hoping that the Eagles have peaked and out of rhythm and the Giants are peaking and in rhythm.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
That game was hilarious, Davis Webb trucking the Eagles starting D and Golladay with the catch of the year lol.
I was giving Webb a standing "O" in my living room when he scored. I bet he still can't sleep.

Reaction Score
That game was hilarious, Davis Webb trucking the Eagles starting D and Golladay with the catch of the year lol.
Really interesting how the team reacted for Golladay, they were very happy for him. And then it was also very interesting when they showed he and Dabol sitting alone with his arm around him having a very serious chat.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Did you folks see a report that Barkley tore an MCL in practice? I saw it but I don’t know if it is confirmed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom