2022 Giants Thread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Reaction Score
Anyone who is not 100% you rest IMO. It’s looking like there is a decent chance we play Minnesota and I want Adoree and McKinney to do whatever tbey need to be 100% for that game so that Jefferson and Hockenson have a tougher time this second time around.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
We used to have a term at work called bags - big assed goals. Schoen, Daboll, Jones, Barkley all achieved them already in my mind. Get Jones a # 1 WR and draft at the Oline and LB and I think we can enjoy more playoffs on the horizon
I agree. I don't care if it's the Colts. He carried the team to a victory. He has been looking good all year. Okay a few hiccups along the way but come on. I cannot believe he has to prove himself still? Who are you going to get, then train them into the scheme and wait another couple of years for development? Sign the kid.

Reaction Score
I agree. I don't care if it's the Colts. He carried the team to a victory. He has been looking good all year. Okay a few hiccups along the way but come on. I cannot believe he has to prove himself still? Who are you going to get, then train them into the scheme and wait another couple of years for development? Sign the kid.
They will as long as he isn’t asking for top tier QB money.

Schoen has said he believes in extending your good players first and drafting well and then using free agency as a final solution. As long as both sides can find common ground, I’d imagine DJ will be here at least another 2-3 years

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
They will as long as he isn’t asking for top tier QB money.

Schoen has said he believes in extending your good players first and drafting well and then using free agency as a final solution. As long as both sides can find common ground, I’d imagine DJ will be here at least another 2-3 years
Agreed. Last year it was are we keeping him. Then it came to money. Although I am a Manning fan, DJ, in my opinion brought more to the table than Manning. Manning's last year was atrocious. Danny comes in with the same mess. He runs for 1st downs. Runs for touchdowns. Passing has improved even though the long ball is not his forte, maybe. I think he is worth a couple of bucks.

Reaction Score
He dominated the Colts, Colts D held Herbert in check and they beat the Chiefs. I guess Herbert and Mahomes suck lol. I know those games were in the dome who cares.

Jones is definetly getting paid and he should. He has improved even from a month ago. Has developed chemistry with James and Hodgkins.

He just has that look to him. He is fast but he’s run 2nd guy not a run 1st like Jackson and Hurts, that’s fine you don’t want your franchise qb being run 1st, he has been smart with his runs knowing when to slide or get out of bounds.

Your not even going to get a one of the top qbs in this draft and even if you did there’s maybe a 10 percent chance they become elite. Do people really want David Carr who isn’t clutch and quit on his team, Jimmy G who’s made of glass, or Lamar Jackson who has been more injury prone since his MVP year.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Last year it was are we keeping him. Then it came to money. Although I am a Manning fan, DJ, in my opinion brought more to the table than Manning. Manning's last year was atrocious. Danny comes in with the same mess. He runs for 1st downs. Runs for touchdowns. Passing has improved even though the long ball is not his forte, maybe. I think he is worth a couple of bucks.

A lot of old QBs unfortunately don’t end well, especially when your team isn’t that good or your coaching anymore as well. Eli was really good. This kid has some things Eli didn’t bring to the table but Eli was clutch period. Hopefully we see the the same eventually but while he has an impressive year and proved a lot there’s a long way to go to compare to Eli.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
A lot of old QBs unfortunately don’t end well, especially when your team isn’t that good or your coaching anymore as well. Eli was really good. This kid has some things Eli didn’t bring to the table but Eli was clutch period. Hopefully we see the the same eventually but while he has an impressive year and proved a lot there’s a long way to go to compare to Eli.
Not comparing. Just mentioned a few things he brought that Eli didn't have. Not saying who is better. Eli has two super bowl rings. Think back of the offensive casts he had. The defense was the best in the NFL. Danny is scrambling, Eli really didn't. So I guess it is a comparison but not who is better. He brings more to the table. That was proven this past game. Anyway, that's my opinion and sticking with it. That's with any board, it is an opinion.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
He dominated the Colts, Colts D held Herbert in check and they beat the Chiefs. I guess Herbert and Mahomes suck lol. I know those games were in the dome who cares.

Jones is definetly getting paid and he should. He has improved even from a month ago. Has developed chemistry with James and Hodgkins.

He just has that look to him. He is fast but he’s run 2nd guy not a run 1st like Jackson and Hurts, that’s fine you don’t want your franchise qb being run 1st, he has been smart with his runs knowing when to slide or get out of bounds.

Your not even going to get a one of the top qbs in this draft and even if you did there’s maybe a 10 percent chance they become elite. Do people really want David Carr who isn’t clutch and quit on his team, Jimmy G who’s made of glass, or Lamar Jackson who has been more injury prone since his MVP year.
Couldn't of said it any better.

Reaction Score

Same with the Eagles and everyone's flavor of the month Jalen Hurts.

Lowest INT ratio in the league, top 11 in total yards, QBR, completion percentage, ect all with a cast of Richie James, Isiah Hodgins and Darius Slayton and the highest drop percentage of any team in the NFL. But "it was just the Colts".

Pay him.

Reaction Score
Same with the Eagles and everyone's flavor of the month Jalen Hurts.

Lowest INT ratio in the league, top 11 in total yards, QBR, completion percentage, ect all with a cast of Richie James, Isiah Hodgins and Darius Slayton and the highest drop percentage of any team in the NFL. But "it was just the Colts".

Pay him.
There are also teams that DJ didn’t fare well against that other QBs did. Name dropping Hurts, as well as the previous poster name dropping Mahomes and Herbert is not fair to DJ. There are levels.

Reaction Score
Anyone who is not 100% you rest IMO. It’s looking like there is a decent chance we play Minnesota and I want Adoree and McKinney to do whatever tbey need to be 100% for that game so that Jefferson and Hockenson have a tougher time this second time around.
I would rest Leonard Williams, Saquon and Adoree Jackson. You have an opportunity to take away home field from the Eagles and even the division.

Reaction Score
There are also teams that DJ didn’t fare well against that other QBs did. Name dropping Hurts, as well as the previous poster name dropping Mahomes and Herbert is not fair to DJ. There are levels.
Again, as usual, you missed the point.

But keeping fighting that fight. It’s working out great for you.

Reaction Score
Again, as usual, you missed the point.

But keeping fighting that fight. It’s working out great for you.
Is he better or on the same level as any of those QBs?

Also, weird to say “Top 11”. Just say 11th lol.

Reaction Score

Well he is not 11th in all of those. He is 11th in one of those. He is 6th in one of them. 9th in another. But good response "lol".

If you used the recourses you have available more you wouldn't sound like such an idiot all the time.

Reaction Score

You really don’t have to keep fighting a narrative just say Jones has proved you wrong it has to be exhausting to defend your anti Jones narrative.

No one is saying he’s elite let’s find out if he is. No one is Mahomes for one, and let’s not act like Mahomes didn’t step into a great situation as the Chiefs were a consistent playoff team. I would say Jones is more consistent then Herbert I think Herbert has higher upside. I still don’t believe Hurts has more ability as a qb, Hurts is a sports car with weapons a better version of Kaepernick those qbs don’t last long.

So you wanna move on from Jones who do you suggest the Giants get.

Reaction Score
You really don’t have to keep fighting a narrative just say Jones has proved you wrong it has to be exhausting to defend your anti Jones narrative.

No one is saying he’s elite let’s find out if he is. No one is Mahomes for one, and let’s not act like Mahomes didn’t step into a great situation as the Chiefs were a consistent playoff team. I would say Jones is more consistent then Herbert I think Herbert has higher upside. I still don’t believe Hurts has more ability as a qb, Hurts is a sports car with weapons a better version of Kaepernick those qbs don’t last long.

So you wanna move on from Jones who do you suggest the Giants get.
I don’t wanna move on from Jones. I don’t necessarily think he’s the QB of the future, but he has been very good down the stretch. I think to go from good to very good the QB that plays every game needs to be a bit better. I understand he isn’t working with much, but 15 td passes in 16 games is low. I also think he sits a bit too aimlessly in the pocket sometimes.

I would sign an extension/deal for 2 years. Like I said, I don’t know if we should commit a long term deal to him just yet.

Also Herbert is just simply a better player. We can’t keep doing this. As is Hurts. If we can’t admit these simple things, we’re crazy.

Reaction Score
I don’t wanna move on from Jones. I don’t necessarily think he’s the QB of the future, but he has been very good down the stretch. I think to go from good to very good the QB that plays every game needs to be a bit better. I understand he isn’t working with much, but 15 td passes in 16 games is low. I also think he sits a bit too aimlessly in the pocket sometimes.

I would sign an extension/deal for 2 years. Like I said, I don’t know if we should commit a long term deal to him just yet.

Also Herbert is just simply a better player. We can’t keep doing this. As is Hurts. If we can’t admit these simple things, we’re crazy.
The Hurts stuff is amazing, this was you previously in stating what was needed for an eagles win:
As long as Hurts doesn’t throw the ball we should be GRAVY

Hurts was a bottom 5 QB in the league by almost any meaningful metric in his first two years. But add a healthy Miles Sanders, the top ranked oline in the league (it ranked 19th his rookie year), a top 10 WR draft pick, and a pro bowl #1 WR and suddenly Hurts is no longer objectively awful. Given the fact that "DJ and Hurts are not in the same stratosphere ability wise" one would question why it took all this to bring Hurts out of the bottom of league.

Reaction Score
Speaking of quarterbacks, I was wondering what it says about the position that one of the most entertaining games of last week featured Brock Purdy and Jarrett Stidham at quarterback for their respective teams. What percentage is the quarterback's skills versus being put into a system where a QB with lesser talent can succeed?

Reaction Score
The Hurts stuff is amazing, this was you previously in stating what was needed for an eagles win:

Hurts was a bottom 5 QB in the league by almost any meaningful metric in his first two years. But add a healthy Miles Sanders, the top ranked oline in the league (it ranked 19th his rookie year), a top 10 WR draft pick, and a pro bowl #1 WR and suddenly Hurts is no longer objectively awful. Given the fact that "DJ and Hurts are not in the same stratosphere ability wise" one would question why it took all this to bring Hurts out of the bottom of league.
Wow, you pulled up a post from 2 full years ago. You’re really grasping for straws huh?

Reaction Score

Also, Hurts was not “bottom 5 by almost any meaningful metric” last season. Not really sure where ya got that one from. He was better than DJ, in fact.

Reaction Score
Also, Hurts was not “bottom 5 by almost any meaningful metric” last season. Not really sure where ya got that one from. He was better than DJ, in fact.
People have held you hand enough through this thread. Use the recourses you have and tell me how great Hurts passing stats were last year. But great job, as usual, of missing the entire point.

Reaction Score
People have held you hand enough through this thread. Use the recourses you have and tell me how great Hurts passing stats were last year. But great job, as usual, of missing the entire point.
You said bottom 5. That’s just flat out wrong. You can’t just insult your way out of an incorrect statement. You sure do try though, which is pretty cool.

Reaction Score

The run is easily #1 on Kafkas list in the red zone, at least until late. Hence the low number of TD passes as well as not having weapons to break longer TDs like most every other top QB has. It is simple as to why.

Reaction Score
You said bottom 5. That’s just flat out wrong. You can’t just insult your way out of an incorrect statement. You sure do try though, which is pretty cool.
Bottom 5 in qualifying QBs in completion percentage, yards, QBR, TD %. Won't even mention the amount of games he threw for under the oh so important 250 yards. Oh but hey, he was 23rd in EPA Pass Efficiency, so that is pretty cool. You're right, he was great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom