2022 Giants Thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Reaction Score
You could legitimately argue that, that’s my Christmas gift to you lol. I admit I am in the mood to be a Jones homer today because I’m still pissed about this loss hey we all want the same thing, Merry Christmas to all.
Merry Christmas to all! I admit Jones has exceeded my expectations the latter end of this year. I still have my opinions on him but I know there are much bigger fish to fry. The defensive backfield is a mess.

Reaction Score
Merry Christmas to all! I admit Jones has exceeded my expectations the latter end of this year. I still have my opinions on him but I know there are much bigger fish to fry. The defensive backfield is a mess.

Merry Christmas Giants (and Husky) fans - just a W over the Colts under our trees will suffice.

Jackson returning at all would be a boost for the DBs in the home stretch as well, please?

Reaction Score
Merry Christmas Giants (and Husky) fans - just a W over the Colts under our trees will suffice.

Jackson returning at all would be a boost for the DBs in the home stretch as well, please?
For sure. Moreau is a serviceable backup but the opposition’s top WR burns him almost every game. We need Mckinney back too.

Reaction Score
Ridiculous to think that Jones is more talented. Hurts is an MVP front runner. Blue tinted glasses.
No he is not, Patrick Mahomes is. There are odds for these things you can look at to help you out.

Nice 34 from Minshew against Dallas. System and weapons.

Reaction Score
No he is not, Patrick Mahomes is. There are odds for these things you can look at to help you out.

Nice 34 from Minshew against Dallas. System and weapons.
Key word AN. Just read my man. He was THE frontrunner before he got injured. You can look these things up to help you out.

Reaction Score
Key word AN. Just read my man. He was THE frontrunner before he got injured. You can look these things up to help you out.
This simply shows your usage of the English language is on par with your understanding of nuance.

Reaction Score
This simply shows your usage of the English language is on par with your understanding of nuance.
Please explain boss. Jalen Hurts was the frontrunner before his injury. That’s just a fact. Explain how I made a mistake. Or maybe just sidestep it again, I don’t care, you’re wrong either way.

Reaction Score
Please explain boss. Jalen Hurts was the frontrunner before his injury. That’s just a fact. Explain how I made a mistake. Or maybe just sidestep it again, I don’t care, you’re wrong either way.
"Hurts is an MVP front runner." Let's go through it for you.
"Is" and "was" are different words and mean different things. When you posted the odds had changed as he was already hurt.
Front runner means the contestant that is leading in a race or other competition. That is singular, not plural as you want it to be with the usage of "an".

Again, your post was incorrect factually, typical for you in this thread, used the word "front runner" wrong, and failed to understand the difference in "is" and "was".

The correct way to have said what you are now trying to wiggle your way into is "Hurts was the MVP frontrunner".

You're welcome on the lesson.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
"Hurts is an MVP front runner." Let's go through it for you.
"Is" and "was" are different words and mean different things. When you posted the odds had changed as he was already hurt.
Front runner means the contestant that is leading in a race or other competition. That is singular, not plural as you want it to be with the usage of "an".

Again, your post was incorrect factually, typical for you in this thread, used the word "front runner" wrong, and failed to understand the difference in "is" and "was".

The correct way to have said what you are now trying to wiggle your way into is "Hurts was the MVP frontrunner".

You're welcome on the lesson.
When I made my statement, before Hurts missed any games, he was AN MVP frontrunner. So if you want to get super down to it, I was completely correct, and you’re making a mess out of absolutely nothing.

As HH said, this was initially a discussion about Hurts being better than Jones…Which is common knowledge to anyone who isn’t a Giants fan.

Reaction Score
What a dumb argument. Hurts is better than Jones, which is all anybody was saying.

They probably should have picked up his option. There are several teams with good rosters in need of solid, consistent QB play.
No, they should not have. Jones had improved every year, but a major issue was staying healthy. Had Jones got hurt, again, or played poorly, the Giants would need to either sign a FA QB at what, $20 mill cap hit, or draft one in the top 5. This means you are rostering 3 QBs because Tyrod is under contract next year at $6 mill cap hit and paying a ridiculous amount to 3 QBs for the year.

Jones will be back on a short deal unless some team swoops in and offers big long term deal, which I am not sure any team will. Most current teams in need of a QB will either draft one or are stuck with guys on big deals.

Reaction Score
When I made my statement, before Hurts missed any games, he was AN MVP frontrunner. So if you want to get super down to it, I was completely correct, and you’re making a mess out of absolutely nothing.

As HH said, this was initially a discussion about Hurts being better than Jones…Which is common knowledge to anyone who isn’t a Giants fan.
Posts do have timestamps............

Reaction Score
Hodgins is quietly becoming an unsung hero. His size and good hands is giving me Joe Jurevicius vibes.

If you take Hodgins' stats from the last four weeks and prorate it through a 17 game season:

55 receptions, 616 yards, 4 TDs.

Looks like a potential WR3 to me.
Bump.

I freakin love this guy.

Isaiah Hodgins' Giants stats prorated throughout a 17 game season:

87 receptions, 747 yards, 7 TDs

According to Spotrac, Hodgins is signed through next season for 870k, making him one of the only two true keepers for next season (Robinson) to build around for next year.

I'd be totally content if he starts next season as our WR3 and can live if he's a starter alongside Robinson (if healthy), a high/mid round draft pick and a cheaper veteran WR as the top 4.

Reaction Score
What a dumb argument. Hurts is better than Jones, which is all anybody was saying.

They probably should have picked up his option. There are several teams with good rosters in need of solid, consistent QB play.
Declining the option was the obvious move. Even in the scenario for the Giants where he played so well they want to keep him (which is likely what has happened), they just use the franchise tag on him and have him for the same 1 year and $20M

Reaction Score
Bump.

I freakin love this guy.

Isaiah Hodgins' Giants stats prorated throughout a 17 game season:

87 receptions, 747 yards, 7 TDs

According to Spotrac, Hodgins is signed through next season for 870k, making him one of the only two true keepers for next season (Robinson) to build around for next year.

I'd be totally content if he starts next season as our WR3 and can live if he's a starter alongside Robinson (if healthy), a high/mid round draft pick and a cheaper veteran WR as the top 4.
Hodgins is an ERFA at the end of the year, they should be able to keep him though. Isaiah Hodgins Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

We need an alpha vet #1 WR. It is not coming in FA this year as there are no one out there unless someone is cut over contract issues.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Gonna be a hard graph for the Dimes haters to come to grips with.

Like I said, if the Giants don‘t want him I’m sure the Jets would be happy to have him.

Reaction Score
The Giants get no respect and for that matter the fans either. The giants are in a playoff race and the Jets, not so much. No reason to not show the Giants. Up in arms folks.

Reaction Score
Ok so let me ask, what are the one o’clock games being televised on FOX and CBS? I ask because I am in the middle of moving and relegated to my laptop and HULU so I’m not able to look it up the guide on my SmartTV yet. Pricks won’t be here until Monday to set me up for cable/internet.

For those technologically strong (unlike me) can I set up HULU on my SmartTV for the game today without internet? Using phone etc… I can on tablet. Of course I can go out and drink at a bar and watch it but I’m WesMass I won’t hear it and that sucks.

Reaction Score
The Giants get no respect and for that matter the fans either. The giants are in a playoff race and the Jets, not so much. No reason to not show the Giants. Up in arms folks.
They are on different networks at different times. The Giants are not on in CT because they are showing the Pats.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom