2022 Giants Thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Reaction Score
Somehow still in playoff position going into week 15. Next week is basically an elimination game for us and Washington. Need 2 wins and gonna be tough to pull off without a win next week for either team

Reaction Score
First round take the top WR on the board.
Second round take the top center or guard on the board. That will go a long way toward fixing the offense

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Gonna end up turning this off by halftime
Actually that is what I did. Eagles scored two touchdowns with back to back drives. Sad. I went shopping. I cannot remember the last time I left a Giants game.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I watched the next Eagles drive after the Giants blocked punt TD (which almost didn't happen because their punter is actually good)

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Don’t know about OC. This would be DJs 6 or 7th OC. Let’s improve the O line and get some WRs and then think about firing guys
It used to be Dany Danny Danny. I don't know if fans have noticed, but the defense turned to suck. How many points yesterday? 48? Not a good look. The whole system is in the toilet. Thought the "O" line was patched up a bit, but I was wrong.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
It used to be Dany Danny Danny. I don't know if fans have noticed, but the defense turned to suck. How many points yesterday? 48? Not a good look. The whole system is in the toilet. Thought the "O" line was patched up a bit, but I was wrong.
Injuries have certainly taken their toll but yesterday the tackling was atrocious

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
According to you, that’s enough lol. You can’t watch the players around him and feel he’s been given a fair shot. Well I know you can, but most others don’t agree.

They need so many more pieces to even contend it’s unbelievable. OC needs to go as well then refine the OL, get impact LBs, DBs and WRs who can get open and make plays. That will all make Barkley and Jones better.
[Not a Giants fan] I don't know how people can tune in and watch Brock Purdy dominate Tampa and not realize this. Ravens won with a 3rd stringer playing as well. Jones is good enough. He won't put you on his back and win games you shouldn't, but very few guys will.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Philadelphia's D went from the bottom quartile in the league last year to best in the league this year - how did they do that?

Reaction Score
[Not a Giants fan] I don't know how people can tune in and watch Brock Purdy dominate Tampa and not realize this. Ravens won with a 3rd stringer playing as well. Jones is good enough. He won't put you on his back and win games you shouldn't, but very few guys will.

HH exactly. We're not getting a #1 anytime soon and he's better than all the back ups and crappy starters are willing to hand over so give him weapons to prove he can win games. He's better than Purdy I have no doubt, but Purdy has an oline, weapons and a defense - imagine that huh?!!

Reaction Score
The Eagles plan was to replace Hurts 2 years ago they built the team and now Hurts is their guy.

Reaction Score
The Eagles plan was to replace Hurts 2 years ago they built the team and now Hurts is their guy.
Be real. DJ and Hurts are not in the same stratosphere ability wise

Reaction Score
Look at the weapons he has around him to his credit he has improved with better coaching, he does have a better qb IQ but he does not have more ability then Jones.

My point wasn’t about Jones being better then Hurts it was about building around the qb then you find your qb.

Reaction Score
Look at the weapons he has around him to his credit he has improved with better coaching, he does have a better qb IQ but he does not have more ability then Jones.

My point wasn’t about Jones being better then Hurts it was about building around the qb then you find your qb.
He certainly does have more mobility than Jones. He ran a significantly faster 40 at the combine and is definitely more shifty.

Reaction Score
He certainly does have more mobility than Jones. He ran a significantly faster 40 at the combine and is definitely more shifty.
Mobility yes but in the previous post you just said ability.
Ok so you meant mobility then I agree.

Reaction Score

No doubt but he was questioned for his consistency right up until this year. Give him a great D, 2 great receivers as well as others who are all better than the GMen's #1 and a really good OLine (the best probably) and the questions go away.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Injuries have certainly taken their toll but yesterday the tackling was atrocious
I agree Ed. What is strange is the start of the season the tackling was great!!!!! A huge turn around from last year. But yes, it's getting back to old ways.

Reaction Score
How
I agree Ed. What is strange is the start of the season the tackling was great!!!!! A huge turn around from last year. But yes, it's getting back to old ways.
Was it the Eagles offense or the Giants defense, probably a bit of both. Not excusing the defense but the Eagles put up pts the defense certainly didn’t get any help from the offense on the 1st drive as the offense couldn’t even have a sustained drive and the punter is atrocious too as the defense had to defend short fields. You over pursue against the Eagles they take their runs to the house every time.

Reaction Score
It’s so aggravating watching every pass play designed for 4-5 yards down the field. It shows how little confidence the staff has in the entire offensive personnel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom