2022 Giants Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Reaction Score
Pressure often comes when the defense utilizes confusing hitches outnumbering blockers, it happens.

Plus, team stack the box against us because we run so much. That’s fine, but when most of the passing plays are play action, Jones takes longer to get set and pressure comes.

I’m not saying the line is good or anything, but we need to throw the ball more. Saquon’s body will not hold up under this workload, and being predictable doesn’t work against good defenses. Work some more rollouts in to extend the play, try some more shotgun and quick throws, but 20 or less attempts per game won’t win in the long run/playoffs usually.
Your post would make sense if the pressures were one offs, they are not.

Your post would make sense if it was fact based, it is not, Barkley's stacked front carry rate (8 or more defenders in the box) is 13.6% putting him 23rd in the league among RBs. Chubb faces a stacked box double what Barkley does. He faces a light front carry rate (6 or fewer) at 47.0%. Teams are not stacking the box they are simply beating a bad offensive line and doing so without having to bring extra personnel.

You keep trying with the mental gymnastics but the fact is the line is very bad.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

That resulted in a TD. The pressure is consistent. Here is the lines rank by position outside of Thomas:
Glowinski 42/82 guards
Fellicano 26/37 centers
Ezudu 73/82 guards
Neal 77/80 tackles

Overall they are graded out 28th out 32nd and that is with the 1 overall tackle in the NFL. The line flat out stinks, there is no argument otherwise. We are running the offense we are running because that is what our personnel dictates.

I agree with you but I do think that when it gets healthy it will get better by added experience and depth

Reaction Score

Your post would make sense if it was fact based, it is not, Barkley's stacked front carry rate (8 or more defenders in the box) is 13.6% putting him 23rd in the league among RBs. Chubb faces a stacked box double what Barkley does. He faces a light front carry rate (6 or fewer) at 47.0%. Teams are not stacking the box they are simply beating a bad offensive line and doing so without having to bring extra personnel.

You keep trying with the mental gymnastics but the fact is the line is very bad.
Yep, he's badly twisting himself into a pretzel.

Reaction Score

Fair enough, I can't really argue the numbers at all. From the eye test he's had clean pockets somewhat often in games. He does tend to sit still a little bit like Eli used to do, but he hasn't been fumbling which is nice. I think we are going to need to throw more still, even this week against the Lions, as they are a very high scoring team.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Fair enough, I can't really argue the numbers at all. From the eye test he's had clean pockets somewhat often in games. He does tend to sit still a little bit like Eli used to do, but he hasn't been fumbling which is nice. I think we are going to need to throw more still, even this week against the Lions, as they are a very high scoring team.
He might sit still a microsecond but then he will take off running, which is what scares me the most because running QBs have short half-lives.

Reaction Score
He might sit still a microsecond but then he will take off running, which is what scares me the most because running QBs have short half-lives.
I mean when he has decided he isn't running. He should move in the pocket more to lead to throws. Sometimes he is a bit static, i'd like to see more basic throw aways to save a sack as well, but that's being slightly overcritical.

Reaction Score
We certainly need to be able to open the field more, and the inability to do it is why despite being 7-2 my expectation for this team is a likely 1st round loss. Which is still a ridiculous accomplishment considering the current roster and the last 6 years.

Also, just because you have a clean pocket does not mean you have guys open to throw it to. Richie James in 2nd among receivers on the team in yards and hes 79th in the league in average separation. David Sills is not in the top 150. Slayton is the only guy getting any separation, 26th in the league.

Reaction Score
This is akin to UConn against Army. Detroit has more overall talent then the Giants despite the Giants being 7-2. They get a qb they will be very good very quickly could also go Will Anderson in 1st rd have a beast of a D and ride with Goff.

Still have the 2nd half but not looking good. Win and you could be tied for 1st as Eagles are in a battle with the Colts.

Reaction Score
Its a mystery how this team is 7-2
Well probably because the Giants scored more pts then the other team in 7 of those 9 games.

All joking aside not beating yourself does help. Lack of talent combined with injuries will catch up you eventually.

Giants are also scouted out the Seahawks game has provided a blue print on the Giants you stop Barkley at least limit him and Jones RPO and you stop the Giants.

Teams have adjusted to Winks blitz schemes with screen passes with a secondary now without Mckinnie and now Adoree Jackson.

Reaction Score
Well probably because the Giants scored more pts then the other team in 7 of those 9 games.

All joking aside not beating yourself does help. Lack of talent combined with injuries will catch up you eventually.

Giants are also scouted out the Seahawks game has provided a blue print on the Giants you stop Barkley at least limit him and Jones RPO and you stop the Giants.

Teams have adjusted to Winks blitz schemes with screen passes with a secondary now without Mckinnie and now Adoree Jackson.
But the Lions haven't come close to stopping the RPO all game, Jones has killed them with it. The turnovers and penalties are killing them today. Can't do that when you're lacking this much talent

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I hate saying this but if opponents ran the ball more against us, we never would have beaten the Titans, Ravens, Packers or Jaguars and may not have beaten the Panthers or Texans. The two man DL (with OLBs playing DE) infuriates me as anyone who wants to run off tackle against us can with a minimum five yard gain. Detroit exploited that as did Seattle earlier. Additionally, losing two starting CBs in the game (one who only became a starter after previous injuries) for a secondary already missing it's best player (McKinney) didn't help.

Reaction Score
Having Adore return punts was such a dumb move. He is the only good corner on this team, the decision to risk his health for a ST unit which has been laughably bad all year is infuriating.

Team played awful today and the lack of talent on this roster was glaring out there. But what bothers me the most is Adore being done for a month because of the stupidity of the staff.

Reaction Score
Not seeing it mentioned enough how Kayvon has been absolutely non existent this year. 1 play against the Ravens, that’s all.

Reaction Score
Having Adore return punts was such a dumb move. He is the only good corner on this team, the decision to risk his health for a ST unit which has been laughably bad all year is infuriating.

Team played awful today and the lack of talent on this roster was glaring out there. But what bothers me the most is Adore being done for a month because of the stupidity of the staff.
And if Richie James isn’t returning punts and not playing wr why is he still on this team. There isn’t one guy out there who can’t return punts? It would be one thing if you had Adoree Jackson return punts in some games but to be your primary returning is dumb.

Reaction Score
I hate saying this but if opponents ran the ball more against us, we never would have beaten the Titans, Ravens, Packers or Jaguars and may not have beaten the Panthers or Texans. The two man DL (with OLBs playing DE) infuriates me as anyone who wants to run off tackle against us can with a minimum five yard gain. Detroit exploited that as did Seattle earlier. Additionally, losing two starting CBs in the game (one who only became a starter after previous injuries) for a secondary already missing it's best player (McKinney) didn't help.
That’s the thing teams look at that the 1st half and 2nd half of the season are 2 different animals. Now we really see what Daboll and the Giants are made of, just make the playoffs and I’ll be happy.

Reaction Score
But the Lions haven't come close to stopping the RPO all game, Jones has killed them with it. The turnovers and penalties are killing them today. Can't do that when you're lacking this much talent
Didn’t watch the game but that further states my case even when the the RPO is working Giants only put up 12 pts.

Reaction Score
Playoffs are out. Just not enough there especially with injuries now lucky to win 9. Eat your turkey after the game Thursday or you may throw it up. Smoke and mirrors only work so long.

Oh well it was fun while it lasted, let’s go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
Yeah the first thing Daboll has done where I’m like what the hell are you doing. After Jason Sehorns injury I don’t want anyone of value returning kicks or punts for us - unless you’re just going to have them fair catch it.
As soon as they showed him back there my first thought was Sehorn and the football gods didn’t disappoint.

Reaction Score
And losing Wandale to a potential ACL is just one more kick in the crotch. This team didn’t have a lot of talent to start but the number of injuries tbeyve had is crazy.
All of a sudden this game on Thursday could be a bloodbath.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Giants have become predictable. I even sat and called what play is next. First play is Barkley getting stood up at the line of scrimmage. I always thought Barkley should not run up the middle. Yesterday was Murphy's Law. Two big penalties stopping drives. Missing two extra points when he could drill a field goal from 55+. To me it's a failure to do some kind of adjustments at half time. Same thing, run Barkley. Not one person on the blue team played good. Really missing Belinger(sp) at the tight end spot. Let's see what happens. Coach of the year might be in jeopardy.

Reaction Score
Giants have become predictable. I even sat and called what play is next. First play is Barkley getting stood up at the line of scrimmage. I always thought Barkley should not run up the middle. Yesterday was Murphy's Law. Two big penalties stopping drives. Missing two extra points when he could drill a field goal from 55+. To me it's a failure to do some kind of adjustments at half time. Same thing, run Barkley. Not one person on the blue team played good. Really missing Belinger(sp) at the tight end spot. Let's see what happens. Coach of the year might be in jeopardy.

2nd possession 2nd half and still in it and 3rd and 5 - run? I almost stopped watching completely after that you have to be kidding me. The OC needs to go he's not the answer. I realize they don't have the talent anyone else does but you need to change some things. Teams now know if Barkley is held down they probably won't lose to the Giants because thats the master plan. Well boys, throw on first down on Thursday more often or Jones will absolutely get killed.

Reaction Score
Barkley has been amazing thus far, but he has to be the easiest running back to tackle, it’s so odd. The guy crumbles at the first sign of real contact it seems. And its odd because he’s a relatively big RB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom