2022 Giants Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
But but but, Rodgers did have 291 passing yards, that’s all that matters right passing yards are everything according Ffld. Jones would love to have Rodgers receivers.
Rodgers probably has the worst group of receivers in the NFL right now with Cobb out. But that team has all sorts of problems. I said a few weeks back, they aren’t good.

Reaction Score
Rodgers probably has the worst group of receivers in the NFL right now with Cobb out. But that team has all sorts of problems. I said a few weeks back, they aren’t good.
Lazard is a good player, and Doubs has the potential to be very good.

Slayton is our best WR and was on the cusp of being cut. I think he’s always been good and thought the idea of cutting him was ridiculous, but still. The Giants current WR group is probably the worst, along with the Texans, off the top of my head.

Reaction Score
Now McKinney will be out a few weeks with a broken hand from an ATV accident just great.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Granted the Giants aren't the most talented team so they need everyone, but Texans and Lions are winnable games the next 2 weeks without him and hopefully he's back for the Thanksgiving game against the Cowboys.

Edit: He's now on IR which means he misses the Cowboys and Commanders games

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Bill Parcells used to dissect a 16 game season into 4 quarters and he always sought to win all four, So going 3 and 1 in the first 2 quarters would bring a smile to his face, if that face could ever smile!!

Reaction Score
You have to be pissed at the play calling of the Giants after an excellent first drive in which they mixed up run and pass. Then next 3-4 drives run 90 percent for nothing. Galladay blows ....., cut his a s s

Reaction Score
You have to be pissed at the play calling of the Giants after an excellent first drive in which they mixed up run and pass. Then next 3-4 drives run 90 percent for nothing. Galladay blows ....., cut his a s s

Another bad decision by Barkley with in the waning moments. Can’t slide with 2:09 left when the next 3 yards is 1st down and ball game. Horrible for a smart dudeHead bang

Thank God for Gano!

Reaction Score
7-2
Another good game from Jones. I am sure the haters will find something though. My guess is the yardage, like it matters.

Reaction Score
Thank you Washington.

I’m not sure I’m happy with that win they look real good as of late. Kinda wanted to see them get slapped around not worried about 1st place as much as squeezing in the playoffs in year 1 of Dabol.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Thank you Washington.
That was amazing. At THIER house. Watched the game on and off. I didn't give Washington a chance to win this one.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Also the defense looked spent once again.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
7-2
Another good game from Jones. I am sure the haters will find something though. My guess is the yardage, like it matters.
QB rating of 150'ish.

Reaction Score
I just want them to give Danny a chance to throw more than like 15-18 times a game, and take more chances down the field

Reaction Score
I just want them to give Danny a chance to throw more than like 15-18 times a game, and take more chances down the field
That would require a deep threat and a line that can hold its blocking for over 2 seconds.

Even the 2nd TD to Slayton he had 0 time and was about to get crushed and that was a 5 yard route.

Reaction Score
That would require a deep threat and a line that can hold its blocking for over 2 seconds.

Even the 2nd TD to Slayton he had 0 time and was about to get crushed and that was a 5 yard route.
It’s always the lines fault? Thomas has been all world, and the combination of Neal, when healthy, and other tackles have been fine for the most part as well. The interior hasn’t been great but Gates/Lemieux coming back will help. Jones has had time, but they just don’t pass enough. Saquon can’t run the ball 30 times/game.

Reaction Score
It’s always the lines fault? Thomas has been all world, and the combination of Neal, when healthy, and other tackles have been fine for the most part as well. The interior hasn’t been great but Gates/Lemieux coming back will help. Jones has had time, but they just don’t pass enough. Saquon can’t run the ball 30 times/game.

That resulted in a TD. The pressure is consistent. Here is the lines rank by position outside of Thomas:
Glowinski 42/82 guards
Fellicano 26/37 centers
Ezudu 73/82 guards
Neal 77/80 tackles

Overall they are graded out 28th out 32nd and that is with the 1 overall tackle in the NFL. The line flat out stinks, there is no argument otherwise. We are running the offense we are running because that is what our personnel dictates.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Article shines light on the issue

Please read the article linked; especially this comment:

Thomas is Pro Football Focus’ highest-graded left tackle (90.1), but the Giants’ offensive line has allowed the NFL’s second-highest quarterback pressure percentage (44.4) and was graded No. 30 of 32 last week, with no other starter scoring above a 65. The whole must be greater than the sum of its parts because the NFL’s No. 3-ranked rushing attack (164.8 yards per game) isn’t just about Saquon Barkley. The Giants’ 47 carries last week represented a 12-year high.

Reaction Score

That resulted in a TD. The pressure is consistent. Here is the lines rank by position outside of Thomas:
Glowinski 42/82 guards
Fellicano 26/37 centers
Ezudu 73/82 guards
Neal 77/80 tackles

Overall they are graded out 28th out 32nd and that is with the 1 overall tackle in the NFL. The line flat out stinks, there is no argument otherwise. We are running the offense we are running because that is what our personnel dictates.

Pressure often comes when the defense utilizes confusing hitches outnumbering blockers, it happens.

Plus, team stack the box against us because we run so much. That’s fine, but when most of the passing plays are play action, Jones takes longer to get set and pressure comes.

I’m not saying the line is good or anything, but we need to throw the ball more. Saquon’s body will not hold up under this workload, and being predictable doesn’t work against good defenses. Work some more rollouts in to extend the play, try some more shotgun and quick throws, but 20 or less attempts per game won’t win in the long run/playoffs usually.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom